It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut up and just watch it. . . . Good Omens . . . Amazon Prime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have Prime but I'm not going to watch it just to upset you

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Damn you.

Damn you to Hell!

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm a bit peeved that this is now a show because for about 25-ish years the book Good Omens was my reliable, ace-in-the-hole book to recommend to new friends. It was one of the few really good books that I could recommend to others with a fair expectation that it would be new to them - something they'd never heard of... And that they'd eventually come back to me to say "OMG that was AWESOME!"

Now my faux intellectual mojo is severely diminished and I'm down to McGammon's Swan Song on the book list and Bubba Hotep as a movie bonus recommendation.

As for the show itself... I started watching it on release day but didn't get far. I'm currently dealing with some health issues and waiting for surgery and trying to sit or lay down to watch shows is really hit and miss due to pain.

But I will watch it the first day that I wake up to a bit less discomfort.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Lumenari

My neighborhood isn't bad exactly, but it's sketchy enough that if I had things like toilet paper and paper towels just left on my doorstep with regularity, they might start disappearing. Safer to just get them in person.

My neighborhood is the opposite of sketchy... I don't know anyone who locks their house or takes the keys out of their car.

But the tradeoff is higher prices for staples than anywhere else and overnight shipping is actually 4 days.

Nearest real town is 85 miles away...

So Prime works for me.

DB.. watched the trailer... Firefly and Serenity are on my top 10 favs so thank you very much for the recommendation.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Am watching it now. Kinda like Monty Python meets the Omen.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I'm sorry to hear you're not doing well. I've been in the position where total still is all I can manage in order to be comfortable, and it's no fun. I hope you get your issues resolved soon.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Get better old man.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
As an aside, I am glad they didnt butcher your favorite book when converting it to a tv series or movie. My favorite books of all time are The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. The movie that came out about it was an absolute disgrace and did not even come close to touching 5% of the overall storyline.

I loved The Dark Tower, all 5 million pages of it. I refuse to see the movie based off of fans reviews. Eldris Elba didn’t even really throw me off that much. He is a good actor.
I’ll give this a shot.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Is it a ripoff of "Lucifer"?

Oh heavens no! It's awesome. If you've ever seen The Omen and read the book of Revelation out of the Bible, are familiar with The Screwtape Letters and know even a bit about Queens Greatest Hits, then this is going to be the best thing ever for you.

Oh, I remember the Screwtape letters! Clive Staples Lewis. Im a fan of his. Ive been into Revelation since my high school days.Now my sons are in to it as well. Ill have to check this flick out!

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Just be prepared, it is highly irreverent, but so darn funny. The thing that saves it for me is that I don't pick up any mean-spirited overtone from it. Just friends who should be enemies who decide they aren't ready for things to end.
edit on 1-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Is it available on Netflix?

One day I fear you won’t be able to buy anything except through amazon and you’ll pay for everything with with your own personal chip.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

It depends on if Amazon buys out Disney as far as shows go. I am wondering if Netflix will survive. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Just Amazon. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sorry folks but I have to be the dissenter here. I watched the first episode last night and wasn’t impressed. Seemed chaotic and didn’t care for the weird camera angles, etc. I’ll try to finish the series since it’s so few episodes. I’ve also never liked David Tennant as he gives off a very egocentric vibe that distracts from whatever character he’s playing. The show was hard to follow at times because of just constant wacky imagery and camera shots. Kinda a bit ADHD. I’m not familiar with the books, so for those who already know the story it’s probably more enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

I have alerted your post to the mods and have requested that you be banned and doxed for not enjoying an awesome entertainment event.

When we discover your true location, I will have teams sent out to verbally assault your lawn ornaments.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You shut up.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'll have to see if my library will stock Good Omens. Loved the book, love both Pratchett and Gaiman. Read almost everything by both of them.

Some of the Pratchett stories have been filmed on UK television and they're all okay. A little on the cheesy side, but well cast. So far I've seen Making Money (Adora Belle is wonderful) and The Color of Magic.

a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I think first off that Matthew McC and Idris Elba's roles should have been switched. And no Susannah/Odette?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Two episodes in and so far so good. I name him Dog.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Is it a ripoff of "Lucifer"?

If anything Lucifer was a ripoff of this.

Watched the first episode. Those guys are nowhere near as hot as Tom Ellis. I take my devil SMOKING HOT. 😁
edit on 6/2/2019 by Creep Thumper because: NVM.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Loved the shizz outa this show.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join