It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinas hidden kill switch

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Wong thread.

Ehehehehe

Im thinking along the same lines as the stinker.

The biggest threat is going to be to the general grid. Which, to be certain, is a big threat, but there are also a lot of protections in place in more critical systems. Not enough, in my opinion, but they are there.

Theres also the possibility of aiming for "chaos," and in that, targetting communication backbones would be quite effective.

Trying to minimize these avenues of attack, as pointed to with topics like Huawei, is probably a wise course of action. But, it probably bears mentioning that many (if not all) are available to many "players on the board." Its a zero sum game in a lot of ways.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Here's the real kill switch:
www.zerohedge.com...

Fox Business reports that according to FDA estimates at least 80 percent of active ingredients found in all of America’s medicine come from abroad, primarily from China. And it’s not just the ingredients, China wants to become the world’s dominant generic drug maker. So far Chinese companies are making generic for everything from high blood pressure to chemotherapy drugs. 90 percent of America’s prescriptions are for generic drugs.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

This isn't directed at you or CthruU but because I might get taken the wrong way as well, is this about a China Crisis?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Or it could be a virus/malware infecting every electronic device it can access, just waiting to be activated and then it wipes everything.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Or it could be a virus/malware infecting every electronic device it can access, just waiting to be activated and then it wipes everything.

You were right that the sun is a greater concern for EMP.

Your virus theory is also plausible (edited because RoadGravel is a big meanie, jk). Stuxnet
edit on 31-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Your virus theory is also right

Yet none have been found.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Well that's not fair.

I gave an example of one that slipped through the radar for a long time and infected many devices.

When I said the theory is right, what I meant is plausible, as we have proof it can be done. That virus caused physical harm to some machines too.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes and it was found the people who look for such things.

It seems pretty hard to believe many, many thousands of devices are set up for this yet not one has been discovered.

edit:

I gave an example of one that slipped through the radar for a long time and infected many devices.

In Iran and the same device, just multiple copies.
edit on 5/31/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Unless it hasn't been released yet.

Aside from Stuxnet, the CIA also had their tool that could hack almost every computer sold off.

You think they don't have another yet? While I should have been more clear and said plausible, I'm not implying it will happen, just like an EMP. But even if it's improbable, it doesn't mean you don't defend against it.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

All of our important military infrastructure and equipment is hardened against such an attack....not so much for the rest of us im afraid.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It is about China as the source.

And that basically every device from China is affected. I am say it is very unlikely.
edit on 5/31/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It is about China as the source.

And that basically every device from China is affected. I am say it is very unlikely.

And today's China isn't 1990's China. They're almost an equal when it comes to capabilities the west has had. Israel and the US have had these capabilities for some time. It's foolish to think that others won't figure it out.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You can bet the NSA most likely could break some encryption in the past, and maybe even now, due to their backdoor. But this is a different subject. Which one would be the question.

It is the wild west.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Is this separate to China's recent announcement it may cut off rare-earth minerals to the US due to the trade war as that would be a 'kill switch' to US military and electronic good manufacture, though I imagine any decent sized company has some stockpiled and the US may have reserves in case of such an emergency.

I'm not aware of any being made public but GCHQ have been mapping Chinese state backdoors in electronics and infrastructure for 17 years now. They wouldn't have been able to secure the funding to do this unless they were finding them quite regularly. Huwaei 5G has been allowed in limited capacity in non-core systems to contain any security risk.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My point is that if it were spread through out almost every device then private individuals would find some.

No doubt Chinese state is doing what the US and others are also doing.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Has anyone found this missing video the OP is based on?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

All of our important military infrastructure and equipment is hardened against such an attack....not so much for the rest of us im afraid.

Not against Radiation. Oh btw have you seen soldiers getting sick of firing depleted Uranium all over the place?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Doesn't really matter since US has kill switch on our internet anyways since they gave it to Obama. Who is the one really shutting down our equipment here? Think about it.
edit on 31-5-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Preceding most world wars and even small conflicts was financial tensions in major world economies. While this is not a main stream story by any means fear the day you see the news outlets report on this sort of thing. The masses would not stand for this vulnerability and would demand action be taken. Hook line and sinker they would march our children off to war to protect us from such vulnerabilities and major governments would cement their power in the essence that see you need us because we are the pillars of our society. All while resting assured no ones paying attention to how the defense contractors, military absorbs huge amounts of money to stimulate the economies of the world.

See Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan, all small stimulus packages to either protect or stimulate the all mighty dollar. See Saudi prince and our cowtaling to a government we wouldn't be caught dead with when we had morals and we definitely would not have turned a blind eye to their human rights abuses, but here we are.

Folks on days you see the markets tumble have fear because the first words are we need a distraction before the people realize what lies ahead if we dont. The tactic with chinese trade is an effort to throttle back the markets before they soar and stall in both countries. Watch how trump and china play the fiddle as the markets stagnate they say something bad then good to cause movement which stimulates short term trading that causes banks to make money thus stimulating our economies.

See how the new tax plan doesn't encourage home ownership by eliminating the ability of the majority to write off the home interest rates and FHA insurance write offs. While the tax break is bigger there is no encouragement to own in the new tax plan. The dems the re-pubs did not complain about this part which leads me to believe there is a big housing crisis on the horizon.

If thats the case then be weary we need a good crisis to stimulate the economies of the world. Have fear that russian collusion and chinese tradewars the mexican wall could all be signs of turmoil to come.

tldr: Turmoil = economic stimulus by war.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
You guys think it's coincidence that the elite has made society totally reliant on/merged with electronics ? It was done on purpose. Once Christ's return gets closer they will pull the plug on everything to create chaos n have people destroy eachother. All the pieces are in place for the perfect storm. The handful prepared will have to dodge constant chaos. Bring it on let's go.
edit on 1-6-2019 by TheRealSolarPanel because: Worded wrong . Tired

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join