It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House wanted USS John S. McCain covered up during Trump’s Japan visit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
So in summary despite the claims of fake news:

The USN has yet to deny that the memo/story contained in the WSJ is fake simply that the stern was NOT covered when POTUS was there.

The USN has yet to address the issue nor deny they were asked by the White House to do so

The other thing I missed is that according to the article they could not move the ship out of the way because it is still being repaired from the collision that took place in August of 2017. Jebus that should be explained as well. 2 years for a frontline ship??????

If its obviously Fake news then why are Brietbart, the NY Post, and Fox quoting it without their usual denials?

The WSJ sides more conservative no? When did it become 'Fake News"

Lets not forget: your source is anonymous and, judging on how the past has played out, is likely fictitious.

Anonymous sources just don't cut it anymore, after the abject media lies of the last 3 years.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

You know, it's okay to admit when you're wrong.

You saw a salacious tidbit and in your fervor to jump on the hate Trump bandwagon, you got misled into pushing the media's lies. It has happened to lots of people.

But as a longtime member and moderator here, I have complete confidence that you will acknowledge your mistake and move on striving to be better and set the example for the rest of us.
edit on 30-5-2019 by watchitburn because: grammar

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Trump confirms this happened.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Fakenews already proven false.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Take your "offense" elsewhere
I served in the navy and mccain was a bag of crap

I am glad his days of stealing oxygen are over
Too bad he was never held accountable for his s and l scandal

Teensy problem with your post. The ship was launched in 1994, before McCain's death and was in fact named after his father and Grandfather, who were both 4-star admirals.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
perhaps a bit of research first? You know the launch date how did you miss the naming section?
And renamed in july of 18 for son and grandson crapbag

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Take your "offense" elsewhere
I served in the navy and mccain was a bag of crap

I am glad his days of stealing oxygen are over
Too bad he was never held accountable for his s and l scandal

Teensy problem with your post. The ship was launched in 1994, before McCain's death and was in fact named after his father and Grandfather, who were both 4-star admirals.

Then why would Trump care? If it's obviously not named after the most recently passed McCain? Even more reason why this story is so laughable.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
LMAO the party that cannot even stand a picture of George Washington or a statue of anyone from before 1950 is offended by this. Bunch of fake outrage over nothing.

Good grief, I didn't even think of that parallel until you pointed it out - the use of tarps to cover statues of Jackson and Lee. No wonder a lefty thought that was Trump's intent... It's their SOP!

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
People still respect McCain?
The world is a better place without him...
Get over it you partisan hacks...

Any moron can do a Google or YouTube search right?
Apparently not.
*Looks at op*

Hope this gives you all an idea of the man you all continue to defend and worship.

I'm more interested in the why.
The left hated McCain for decades until he developed TDS then he shared the same collectivist lunacy. That lunacy is , "orange man bad at all costs."

So all previous infractions we're forgiven because his hatred was placed in the right direction. Modern liberalism to a T...

ETA: Anyone who believed this story. PM me I got some land in Florida to sell you.
edit on 30-5-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
BREAKING on CNN:

Undisclosed sources close to the ocean, have revealed that Trump ordered an 'L' to be added to the USS JOHN McCAIN...in order to change it into the USS JOHN McCLAIN.

Unnamed sources further indicated that President Trump is known to be a big 'DIE HARD' fan.

Fake News is FUN & EASY.
edit on 30-5-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
BREAKING on CNN:

Undisclosed sources close to the ocean, have revealed that Trump ordered an 'L' to be added to the USS JOHN McCAIN...in order to change it into the USS JOHN McCLAIN.

Unnamed sources further indicated that President Trump is known to be a big 'DIE HARD' fan.

Fake News is FUN & EASY.

MSNBC has zourzes claiming the Government of Vietnam is inviting the USS McCain for a port visit next year in Hanoi Harbor.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: M5xaz

So what ?

Obama ordered Christ, JESUS CHRIST, to be covered up during your Oboner's visit to Georgetown in 2009.

Hmmm, well, one served our country in multiple ways and paid heavy prices for it.

And the other is a made up character crafted by men to control the masses and answer questions (simply and foolishly) that people were too misguided to figure out thousands of years ago.

Watching people controlled by a 2,00 year old book isn't half as fun as watching the MSM control you in real time.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Someday our country may again be run by grown ups. Until then expect much more useless nonsense such as this.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Must be a slow news day for everyone.

This is like the koi pond all over again. C'mon people.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

please read.......
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

This So Called " News Story " is a COMPLETE Fabrication . The President was Out of the Loop with that Decision ....

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

This just in From the REAL NEWS Universe ......

Trump Imposes a 5 Percent Tariff on All Goods entering the United States from Mexico Until such time Mexico's Government Ceases the Flow of Foreign Nationals through their Border with the U.S. . 5/30/19

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

There shouldn't even be a USS John S McCain. The man wasn't worthy of that type of honor and, as I am sure you will recall as me being 100% truthful, that has been my position on that man since well before "Donald Trump" ever entered the scene.

I reject the idea that McCain was a "hero." www.theamericanconservative.com... I reject the idea that his father was a hero purely because he allowed his son to remain imprisoned to uplift his own status as a career Navyman. I do not reject the idea that the third generation is a hero, because to my knowledge, he has served admirably... but based on that, there are thousands of other service men and women who should also have ships named after them as heroes.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Sen. John McCain was added as a namesake last year. It was originally named after John McCain Sr, and John McCain Jr, for their military service in and after WWII. John McCain III was added in a 2018 ceremony.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Wait we have a cat forum??????? Heck yeah I'm going to mod it!!!!

ATS Pet Forum

edit on 30-5-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join