It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, the false promise of bringing you closer to God when it does the exact opposite.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sorry for saying this, but I don't think that getting to know God is something that you do through any religion. Actually I think that religions separate you from God! If you have a true relationship with God you will know that there is no hell and that he will love you and accept you no matter what you do in this confused human body.

The truth about God is not something to find externally. We are not separate from God, God is the total of our souls (we are all ONE). We chose to forget that when we joined this physical construct though. But since we are a part of God we can actually find all the answers about God and the universe inside of ourselves if we take our time to really look for it (deep inside of us).

So when we look outside of ourselves to try to find all the answers in a book or in a religion we are actually separating ourselves from God (and hence ourselves). You weren't born with a Bible in your hand, you were born with a heart and a brain and those are the ONLY tools you need to be able connect with God and learn the truth about this world!

Well, that's my view on it.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

If you have a true relationship with God you will know that there is no hell and that he.....

You gave “it” a gender. You are still tainted from the years of mental abuse stemming from organized religion, huh?

Considering how well those that claim physical abuse by Priests are doing in the courts, you should lawyer up and begin a class action lawsuit on behalf of the other victims across the Globe suffering from ‘buyers remorse’.

Pay it forward man!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Let's say there is a God and a Satan which one would you say is the Evil one ?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

If you have a true relationship with God you will know that there is no hell and that he.....

You gave “it” a gender. You are still tainted from the years of mental abuse stemming from organized religion, huh?

Only reason I wrote "he" is because it sounded good, I don't know which word to replace it with. A consciousness/soul has no gender, so no, I didn't mean to imply that God has a gender.

I have never been religious either, this is more about spirituality and the future spiritual revolution (trust me, it is coming).

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Let's say there is a God and a Satan which one would you say is the Evil one ?

Lets say there is a demiurge in charge of this planet and satan is the invention to deflect off the false god?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You're worshipping a God of your own making.

And that's just like, you're own opinion, man.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Jesus came to end religion
That was His purpose
He taught love and accepting others, your tune is different and takes no personal responsibility into account in my opinion

Heaven is being with God, Hell is being without.
People make the decision here on earth as to what they choose.

God can only love so won’t force a decision, force someone into a relationship though you don’t believe that God is anything more than “the force”, so significantly different view there

We do agree, religion takes people away from God, something Jesus taught from the beginning of His ministry

www.goodreads.com...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It’s a classic trick.

God is within. God is YOU. Whatver you say it is, it is. Don’t worry. Just be true to yourself!

Be positive, open your chakras, meditate, talk to yourself, talk to no one!!! There is no wrong answer as long as you’re happy!!

If you’ve ever had a kid or a puppy you know how stupid that really is.

Believe it or not, if you want to get the best out of your life, I recommend humbling yourself, look for Logos. Follow order, not chaos. Have self control, not a free for all.

Do the hard thing. Be sober not drunk. Don’t have sterile pointless sex. Earn what you have, don’t steal or cheat for it. Don’t be selfish.

You can picture god or Jesus however you want to. But the whole self serving god thing is so stupid to me once I got some humility and perspective.

Don’t mean to preach, but Iv spent a lifetime justifying being my own god, and was eventually humbled and honestly it’s awesome.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Satan has never asked to be Worshiped or threatened if you dont . Hes just like have fun with life I'll see you when I see you .

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Jesus came to end religion
That was His purpose
He taught love and accepting others, your tune is different and takes no personal responsibility into account in my opinion

Heaven is being with God, Hell is being without.
People make the decision here on earth as to what they choose.

God can only love so won’t force a decision, force someone into a relationship though you don’t believe that God is anything more than “the force”, so significantly different view there

We do agree, religion takes people away from God, something Jesus taught from the beginning of His ministry

www.goodreads.com...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You see, people tend to overlook the usefulness of religions.

When i think of religions, then i see it as: people going to the churches.I see religion as a bunch of people gathering together.

You know, not everyone enjoys being surrounded by a mass of other people. But in God, there is Unity, all is connected and there is no gap of separation.

So i have asked myself, what is the benefit of Religion ? What matters to God ?

He is valuing this fact: that a bunch of people are gathering together AND in peace.

And what about people ? How can they understand what Unity is if they do not go to the Church ?

Yes - there is possibility of not compatible (individual) beliefs, and that is the reason why people do not go to the Church. But what does God values ? What is important to Him ?

Does it really matter, for God, what everyone (or anyone) believes, even if it is not true ?

edit on 31/5/2019 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/5/2019 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I agree with your views about God ParanormalGuy but religion is not truth in itself but a primer to teach altruism, prayer and meditation that help people reconnect with the spiritual.

'The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me' - Meister Eckhart.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You fail to distinguish between the exoteric levels of religion and the esoteric (mystical) levels, which transcend all cultural/doctrinal differences. But you are not alone. 99% of religious people know only the former version.

Read Frithjof Schuon and you will then understand how the esoteric levels of religion bring you to God.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hombre

Does it really matter, for God, what everyone (or anyone) believes, even if it is not true ?

That's the real question isn't it? And even if we think it doesn't matter, that's not going to change God's opinion about it if for God it does matter. Well, I guess it makes no difference for those who argue that they are God or part of God, then their own will and opinions take precedence in their view. But the Bible clearly teaches that in God's eyes it matters. Here's another question for everyone to consider for a moment:

Why do you believe what you believe?

To believe has been defined as “to accept as true, genuine, or real.”

“I have my own beliefs, and I am happy with them,” is a commonly expressed view. Many feel that even mistaken beliefs cause little harm to anyone. Someone who believes that the earth is flat, for example, is not likely to hurt himself or anyone else. “We should just agree to differ,” some say. Is that always wise? Would a doctor simply agree to differ if one of his colleagues continued to believe he could go straight from handling dead bodies in a morgue to examining sick patients in a hospital ward?

When it comes to religion, mistaken beliefs have historically caused great harm. Think of the horrors that resulted when religious leaders “inspired Christian zealots to pitiless violence” during the so-called Holy Crusades of the Middle Ages. Or think of the modern-day “Christian” gunmen in a recent civil war who, “just like medieval warriors who had saints’ names on their sword hilts, taped pictures of the Virgin to their rifle butts.” All these zealots believed that they were right. Yet, obviously in these and other religious struggles and fights, something was terribly wrong.

Why is there so much confusion and conflict? The Bible’s answer is that Satan the Devil is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Revelation 12:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 11:3) The apostle Paul warned that many religious people would, sadly, be “doomed to perish” because they would be deceived by Satan, who would “produce miracles and wonders calculated to deceive.” Such ones, said Paul, would “shut their minds to the love of truth which could have saved them” and would thus be ‘deluded into believing what is a lie.’ (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, The New Testament, by William Barclay) How can you minimize the possibility of believing a lie? Why, in fact, do you believe the way you do?

Educated to believe it?

Many teachers and authorities in specialized fields of knowledge deserve great respect. Yet, history is littered with examples of renowned teachers who were absolutely wrong. For example, regarding two books on scientific matters written by Greek philosopher Aristotle, historian Bertrand Russell stated that “hardly a sentence in either can be accepted in the light of modern science.” Even modern-day authorities often get things drastically wrong. “Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible,” was the confident assertion of British scientist Lord Kelvin in 1895. A wise person, therefore, does not blindly believe that something is true simply because some authoritative teacher says it is.​—see Psalm 146:3.

The same caution is needed when it comes to religious or spiritual education.

Influenced by the Media?

Maybe the media have greatly influenced your beliefs. Most people are glad that there is freedom of speech in the media, giving them access to information that can be useful. However, there are powerful forces that can and frequently do manipulate the media. What is often presented is biased information that can insidiously affect your thinking.

In addition, to appeal to or to attract a larger audience, the media tend to give publicity to what is sensational and unconventional.

Building on the ideas and philosophies of men is like building on sand. (Matthew 7:26; 1 Corinthians 1:19, 20) On what, then, can you confidently base your beliefs? Since God has given you intellectual capacity to investigate the world around you and to ask questions concerning spiritual matters, does it not make sense that he would also provide the means to get accurate answers to your questions?

edit on 2-6-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
On what, then, can you confidently base your beliefs? Since God has given you intellectual capacity to investigate the world around you and to ask questions concerning spiritual matters, does it not make sense that he would also provide the means to get accurate answers to your questions?

But the world is full of lies. And look now.... where is the world? Isn't the 'world ' just a concept?

Look now and see if you can find anything other that what there actually is.......... without going to concepts about other.......

This is whole and complete.... this that actually IS is denied because thought says there is something else... something more..... something to be found.

This is it....... but that which believes it is separate will seek in time and space for completion and wholeness.

This is God..... there is no thing separate. Everything appears and disappears in God..... no apparent thing can appear outside God.

Are you sure there is a world 'around' you?
Isn't there just what is appearing always presently... and that includes that body/mind that you may have believed to be you?
edit on 2-6-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

You are correct imho, religions teach you to seek God without, and inside their designated temples, when Christos, kundalini awakening or whatever is reached by seeking god within, this holy gaurdian angel or higher self.....GOD! Can be experienced by us all, without leaving our homes, or paying money to fake religions

edit on 2-6-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

'We are looking for what is looking' Saint Francis of Assisi.

To know God is to be God.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Considering how well those that claim physical abuse by Priests are doing in the courts, you should lawyer up and begin a class action lawsuit on behalf of the other victims across the Globe suffering from ‘buyers remorse’.

Pay it forward man!

So god made Adam in thy image.

Adam was a "he" was he not.

So whats wrong with the identification of god as "he"?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

The manifestation of God is whatever is appearing.... This is the image of God and everything is made in it.

No thing can appear outside the image of God.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hombre
a reply to:

So i have asked myself, what is the benefit of Religion ? What matters to God ?

Yes - there is possibility of not compatible (individual) beliefs, and that is the reason why people do not go to the Church. But what does God values ? What is important to Him ?

Religion allows/provides the illusion for the sheep to be lead down the wrong path.

God values relationships with him. He wants your love for all things living.

He believed adam and eve should not eat the forbidden fruit and we know what happened next so yes it must matter to god what people think.

Church? Where to start? 2nd commandment - honor no graven image etc.

Need i say anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join