It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is bolton pushing a false flag?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackIbanez

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I will probably get some flack for this but: I think the US needs this.

The Democrats and their media have fractured the US with their malcontent and extreme partisan propaganda. William Barr could potentially pull the country apart with his investigation.

Its time for a distraction and show the world the US is still the world's superpower. Right now, they look like ineffective.

Sorry Iran. You knew this day was coming though. Don't play dumb.

What the???!!
So the deaths of thousands of innocent Persians and the destruction of irreplaceable history is ok, because the US people need a "distraction"??
Do you seriously believe, after witnessing the bloodbaths in Afghanistan and Iraq, that America will just roll on in, lob a few missiles and everything will be ok again?

Wow, sorry, but the total disregard for human life you have just displayed is sickening!
It's like the last 20 years didn't even happen.

You seriously want to bomb the crap out of a culture and people that have been there for thousands of years so the US will look more "effective"?!
Most Iranians are just like the rest of us, just wanting to work and raise a family in peace and stability.
Are they the ones "playing dumb"?
I'm generally happy letting people think and believe whatever they want but to think that there are people(probably many more like you in the US) that are so cold blooded, callous and short sighted is honestly soul destroying, "Don't play dumb".... Words fail me...

Yes. You are pretty much correct on all points. I would have approach it differently but I wont nit-pick.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Right

GTFOH

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I guess this is a big topic but I don't believe that the US giving up its global influence is in anyone's best interest, save BRIC.

These days the only "global influence" I am interested in is my kids learning geography.
No one wants our help, and our tax dollars are much better spent at home.
Our outdated 2 front war strategy needs revised and rethought.
Our past mic blunders do not need to be revisited.
Just my opinion.

I don't want to send my kids to war any more or less than anyone else, I am sure.

That wont stop other nations from thinking it is in their best interest to wage war. I am sure China or Russia would love to occupy any base the US decides it is no longer responsible to maintain.

The US helping SA is why OPEC sells its oil in USD. If nobody sells their oil in USD, then nobody needs to trade with the US to get USD to buy oil from OPEC.

I am not saying that the arrangement was ethical and I am no economist, but what kind of transition away from that would keep the US chugging along?

Is it the idea that the US should just shut its doors, make everything in house and not rely on or help anyone?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Is it the idea that the US should just shut its doors, make everything in house and not rely on or help anyone?

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Being self reliant would be a good thing for our nation.

Don't get me wrong, if we are attacked I am all for dispensing some or our patented freedom, but short of that I see no need to shed american blood for those who wont shed their own.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Being self reliant would be a good thing for our nation.

Don't get me wrong, if we are attacked I am all for dispensing some or our patented freedom, but short of that I see no need to shed american blood for those who wont shed their own.

Well sorta sucks for Canada. We are sort of relying on the fact that we don't need a formidable military, because you do.

China!! Come on in, nobody wants to guard us anymore.

Hey Shooter, you don't mind if China parks a couple missiles along your boarder do you?

I'm jesting but America standing down on its global military dominance, is going to shake things up a bit.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well sorta sucks for Canada. We are sort of relying on the fact that we don't need a formidable military, because you do.

yeah
that is some of that tax money I am tired of spending

yeah sure...
tank wars are a thing of the past
do you think china has the transportation capability to invade across an ocean?

Hey Shooter, you don't mind if China parks a couple missiles along your boarder do you?

if you freeloaders would defend yourselves we wont have to worry about that
but we do have missile defenses so .....

I'm jesting but America standing down on its global military dominance, is going to shake things up a bit.

We can be dominate from here.
Our allies just have to step up.
If they are allies they will.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

yeah
that is some of that tax money I am tired of spending

yeah sure...
tank wars are a thing of the past
do you think china has the transportation capability to invade across an ocean?

if you freeloaders would defend yourselves we wont have to worry about that
but we do have missile defenses so .....

We can be dominate from here.
Our allies just have to step up.
If they are allies they will.

I am pretty sure the US is only able to afford the military it has because of the petrodollar. Nobody else has that kind of hustle going on and if you want the support you have for the petrodollar, then it is only fair, in my mind, that you share some of the security that affords you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join