It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SLIders and the Streetlight Phenomenon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Has anyone ever been effected by a street light going out for no reason as they pass by.
This occurs to me on a regular basis. It happens to regularly to be coincidence.
No I have no control over it and I cannot do it on command.

en.wikipedia.org...

Street light interference phenomenon
Street light interference (SLI) is a term coined by paranormal author Hilary Evans to denote the claimed ability of individuals to turn street lights or outside building security lights on or off when passing near them. Believers in SLI allege that they experience it on a regular basis with specific lamps and more frequently than chance would explain; however, SLI has never been demonstrated to occur in a scientific experiment, and those who claim the ability have been found to be unable to reproduce the effect on demand.

Other thing have happened like below, some but not all

www.liveabout.com...

Very often, SLIders also report that they tend to have an odd effect on other electronic devices.
Appliances such as lamps and TVs go on and off without being touched.
Light bulbs constantly blow when the SLIder tries to turn them off or on.
Volume levels change on TVs, radios, and CD players.
Watches stop working.
Children's electronic toys start by themselves when the SLIder is present.
Credit cards and other magnetically encoded cards are damaged or erased when in their possession.

edit on 29-5-2019 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have also had tv turn itself on in middle of the night.

My go-pro turn itself on.

Light bulbs blow too regular.

Credit cards info stored in strip or chip become faulty.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i am sure i has previously read an ATS thread with this exact premise

regurgitation , plaigarism or ............................ ?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i am sure i has previously read an ATS thread with this exact premise

regurgitation , plaigarism or ............................ ?

Think what you want. I'm trying to see if this happens to anyone else.

Don't have anything helpful to contribute, don't read.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ive experienced similar, actually.

I never really gave it much thought until a couple of friends brought it up. We explored it a good amount, driving around and such.

Lighbulbs inside were the real problem. I felt that I had to disclose it to potential room mates through the years. I would tell them I'd handle the cost, they would scoff, and then a couple of weeks later we would have a talk. A standard bulb might last a week, if I am lucky.

With the advent of LED bulbs and 12v systems though, cant say its much of a thing for me anymore. They still dont last as long as for other people, but if its high enough quality (plenty are not), it lasts long enough to not be much of an issue.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
I have had expensive top of the range bicycle lights stops for no reason, relatively still new.

Have had to replace bedside lamp bulb regularly too.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: acrux

[email protected] this topic, has been detailed here in the past and I never tire of the subject. For me it is all electronics, I get shocked in walmarts when touching anything, LOUD snaps, even had a cash register go bonkers and the checker said "Oh my, have you talked to your Dr about this?" My whole family standing near just laughed... it happens, and is controllable eventually, just dont think about it and enjoy.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Importantly, expensive does not equate to high quality. The argument might be made it increases the chances of higher quality, but nowadays it usually refers to prettier packaging.

Anyway, you can start building your own systems pretty darn easily. They are super simple to work with, and like pretty much everything, there are a ton of resources online.

I guess at a certain point, I stopped looking at it as being "special and cool" and started seeing it as a hassle. At that point, it was more about figuring out ways to minimize the impact. Changing out every bulb in a house on a weekly basis is not my idea of fun.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

just dont think about it

Have been at an ATM withdrawing $1000 and thought what a bastard if the machine died partway through transaction without giving me my money. MACHINE UP AND DIES
Took 6 weeks to get bank to acknowledge and give my money back.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

mportantly, expensive does not equate to high quality. The argument might be made it increases the chances of higher quality, but nowadays it usually refers to prettier packaging.

Yes this is true but in this case it was a good quality. Lezyne bicycle lights are known for good quality., Had to get one repaired where my clumsiness this time broke a usb socket. Repairman even said it was one of the best torch lights he had ever worked on.

Changing out every bulb in a house on a weekly basis is not my idea of fun.

Sounds like it does effect you stronger than it does me.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This happens to me, but usually with a few particular street lights in my town. I don't know what causes it. I know they're not motion censor because I've watched many cars, people and animals walk under these particular street lights and they don't go off or turn on. But I also just can't believe it's anything to do with me. I have to ask myself that if it's something I'm somehow subconsciously doing, why doesn't it happen to every street light? There's one street light that very often will turn off as soon as I begin to approach it and when I get a certain distance away, it turns back on. If it's already off, it will often turn on when I approach. So weird. One day I need to try to get it on camera, haha.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
This happens to me, but usually with a few particular street lights in my town. I don't know what causes it. I know they're not motion censor because I've watched many cars, people and animals walk under these particular street lights and they don't go off or turn on. But I also just can't believe it's anything to do with me. I have to ask myself that if it's something I'm somehow subconsciously doing, why doesn't it happen to every street light? There's one street light that very often will turn off as soon as I begin to approach it and when I get a certain distance away, it turns back on. If it's already off, it will often turn on when I approach. So weird. One day I need to try to get it on camera, haha.

I have had very similar experiences. Almost like a motion sensor but rather than turning the light on it turns it off. Only happens with streetlights or at least that's the only thing I've noticed.

Pretty darn creepy if you ask me!

Here I thought I was special.....oh well. 😉

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It seemed like the key is in a well designed power section, specifically with transient protection and very strong rectification/regulation. In strictly battery powered devices, this isnt particularly necessary unless what is receiving the power generates back EMF (motors, etc), so it is very rarely included beyond maybe some basics.

You want the rectification/regulation sections (as applicable) to do their job regardless of any external or internal interference. Which is kind of the design goal of a good power section.

Its not particularly uncommon, but where it is not present, as in many small battery powered devices and home electrical circuits, problems can arise with whatever this is. The small devices generally dont need it, and the "power supply" for something like a residence tends to be far enough "away" to not be a factor.

The operation of many street lights can also be disrupted by a car driving by, regardless of who is in the vehicle among other "malfunctions" in the circuit (timers and such). Cant do much about those, but in a lot of everyday devices there are solutions.

With something like watches, going fully mechanical or using tech like Eco-Drive can be gamechangers. In home PCs, using independent battery backups alongside a high quality PSU can minimize issues. Things like that.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yip all that happens to me, I just took it as having a strong magnetic field.... Or maybe I have latent magical abilities

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is a real thing. I do not have much more to add. I believe in it because it has happened to me too many times for coincidence. Go figure.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The streetlight thing, yes, seems to only happen when I’m super stressed or upset.

Clocks losing time, stopping at different hours in different rooms; this phenomenon follows me everywhere.

Computers crashing; cars starting and driving with no driver in it, kids toy piano used to play London Bridges in the wee hours of the morning, TVs turning off and on very quickly, garage doors stop working, and alarms just activating themselves for no apparent reason, and in one case, no electrical current for it to be possible but the police showed up because they heard it too.

The weirdest is when people try to mess with me; I had a s/v (who I once liked) start to harass me at work; one day after she was particularly mean the mirror in the bathroom blew up in her face. Call it Karma or whatever, but I had a good laugh.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This is an interesting topic.

How about draining energy of other people around you ? For those of you who have this light and electrical devices going on and off in your presence, I ask this question on whether or not you have an effect on peoples energy levels when they are around you too ?

On the light phenomenon I would be leary if it were one of those old fluorescent ceiling light fixtures as they tend to be habitual offenders of this phenomenon.

leolady

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

It used to have an impact on the folks around me. Certainly not "draining" though.. Ive been told its the opposite, frequently to the point of being overwhelming. Eventually learned how to prevent that, but interestingly didnt affect any of the other stuff one way or the other.

Fluorescents seem significantly less susceptible than incandescent, in my experience. They tended to flicker more, but not so much actually burn out (I suspect due to their design). Horrid lighting type either way...
edit on 29-5-2019 by Serdgiam because: Fred

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Are you RHneg blood type?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Try taking a drive down the road and having 4-5 of them consecutively go out as you pass under them

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join