It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure where to put this one!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

If they enjoy it, more power to them... however, let's not delude ourselves and call it a "sport".

To me "sport" means something that causes physical exertion. (football, baseball, basketball, etc...) so I am in agreement that Finger Biking isn't a sport.

Of course, The International Olympic Committee considers chess to be a sport.

Is chess a physical activity (using fingers to move pieces) that is governed by a set of rules or customs and is often engaged in competitively? Yes.

Is Finger Biking a physical activity (in comparison to chess, probably even more so) that is governed by a set of rules or customs and is often engaged in competitively? Yes.

If chess can be defined as a sport then under that definition so can Finger Biking.

And what about E-sports? It made over $900,000,000 last year and is projected to become a Billion Dollar industry this year. You're doing things with your hands/fingers while sitting in a chair.

It's all really a matter of semantics at this point and for me personally, I've decided to see the positive in it other than focusing on any potential negativity because the reality of it is, is that Finger Biking, Finger Boarding, Finger Banging for that matter, has ZERO effect on my life.

Is it a sport? Who cares? Is it not a sport? Does it matter?

I play chess, some people play with miniature BMX bikes and some like to dress up in animal costumes and gather in groups at conventions and hump each other... It's weird, it's stupid and that's OK.

EDIT: I've been Googling and cannot find anything online that regards Finger Biking as an actual "sport". So at this time, I have found no evidence to suggest it is being considered as such at least in any official way.
edit on 30-5-2019 by JiggleNuts42 because: see EDIT

<< 1   >>

join