It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter scalps another free thinker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nick Monroe @nicknon1112 has been permetly banned from Twitter

Why? Something about multiple accounts.

This guy was kind of a news broker. He took news and brought it all to his site and talked about what the MSM covers and what the MSM does not cover.

Twitter was his job...WAS being the key word.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Looks like Twitter are finally doing something to clean up the mess it's become, with the multiple accounts and paid followers.

I remember scrolling through the feeds of people like Michael Avenatti, and no matter how mundane his comments were, there'd be hundreds of 'people' posting random, and generic, comments of support. Many of them unrelated to his post, and many repeated comments from different 'users'.

There's no way they were real people, or only people working in the Twitter equivalent of a call centre. It's obviously something people (or their partisan backers) do in order to give themselves the appearance of importance...
edit on 28-5-2019 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Nick Monroe @nicknon1112 has been permetly banned from Twitter

Why? Something about multiple accounts.

This guy was kind of a news broker. He took news and brought it all to his site and talked about what the MSM covers and what the MSM does not cover.

Twitter was his job...WAS being the key word.

Did this person violate their terms of usage?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

No worries, "nicknon112" will return as mickmon001 really soon.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I don't understand how "Twitter is his job" justifies a right to twitter.

Take for example the woman who was banned from Facebook (or Twitter) recently who exclaimed that "My life is now over!". It was her job too, so she says.

All of these companies have ToS policies. You agree to them when you go into the page. Even then, it doesn't matter. Nothing gives you the right or even the right to free speech for that matter, to and in these places. It's their virtual business. You can't walk into wal-mart and say what you want and not chance getting kicked out. You can't make money selling stuff in wal-mart unless you pay them for the space.

Same is true here at ATS. You can't do or say what you want. There are rules. If they ban you... Oh well. You can't do anything about it.

Everyone knows that Alex Jones gets banned from everything all the time and people laugh at him. So why would I care about someone who's making a living off of someone else's property? Why would I give a thought to the woman who cried and begged for help because she was banned from social media and can no longer pay her bills because of it, not to mention, she's mocked everywhere she goes because people know her now.

I mean... C'mon. Who thinks of this stuff!!

It's not their platform. It's using someone else's podium for their own gain. So I say... Who cares. Shouldn't have relied on social media to pay your bills.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Most ridiculous thread title of the week, for sure.

Don't violate their rules, don't get banned.

Oh my.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The criminal Krassenstien trolls learned last week.

Who will it be next week ? 😆

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The criminal Krassenstien trolls learned last week.

Who will it be next week ? 😆

"Who will it be"? I'm guessing whomever breaks the T&C..it's really simple!

new topics

top topics

join