It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some tips...ground beef

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Burek.

One recipe

Also, for a twist on meatloaf, my Polish grandmother used to add hard-boiled eggs to the middle of the loaf and bake it. mmmm.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: DukeMisterio
..... serve over a bed of fresh, delicious, Kale.

GACK!!....BRAAAAP, GACK...GACK!!!

Kale SUCKS!!!

Sorry!

I seem to always end up as the Kale supporter.... LOL

Kale is just fine in cooking if you wilt or keel it.

It also does perfectly well "chipped" with a little olive or sunflower oil and a touch of garlic... then you can either use it as a scoop for dips or crush it up and use it in salads, etc.

Picking some kale leaves and trying to eat them is about the same as chewing on the side of a pine tree.

Kind of like walking up to the cow and chewing on the tail.

It's all about preparation...

I know, I was really just kidding more than anything based on another post I made in 'Rant' not too long ago.

I'm sure kale can be good in something (I have yet to find that something, but I trust what you're saying...LOL!)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions! I've added them to my list. (...even with the kale!).

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

How about adding some cooked hamburger to your next pan of baked beans the brown sugar in the beans male the hamburger taste really good.
Here are some things to try
1 baked beans
2 sheapards pie
3 minced pies
3 hamburgers for grill but marinate it first override in fridge be bold try many different types of marinade
4 make your own stomboli
5 use it as a base for different types of homemade sausage
6 by some cooking. Molds and cook burgers in weird shapes like animals then set a table of edible delights and have burger animals dispersed among scenery.

7 mix other things into hamburgers like different cheeses or bell pepper ,onions, he'll even French fries.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Look up ground beef aspic.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Room for the humble chili dog? But klck it up a notch.

We have a butcher here that does charcuterie and makes some insanely good sausage and dogs. They have what's called a bacon dog. They take their house-made bacon which is already awesome and put some of it into their hotdog mix and make the hot dog.

Take something like that and make your chili or meat sauce and enjoy.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Cured sausage is definitely on my list!

You've posted a lot of great ideas, and they're all on my list!

Thanks!!

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Beef Bolognese Sauce with Pappardelle Pasta.

Brown the ground beef in a large skillet.
Then add chopped onions, carrots and garlic.
Tomato Paste
Crushed Plum Tomatoes (canned will do if not fresh)
Oregano, Salt and pepper (if you like a little heat add red pepper flakes)
Simmer over LOW heat for 45 minutes to an hour.

Every time we make this sauce I am full before dinner from sampling the sauce too much.

The left overs sauce always get devoured. Sometimes on crackers or just with a chunk of french bread.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

My secret? I honestly don't like hamburger very much, so I'm always looking for ways to make it palatable.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If I were you, I'd be canning a large portion of it. Canned meat lasts for several years. No worries about electric going out or getting freezer burned.

I took the plunge a few years ago and learned to can meats - while they were still affordable! I canned boneless chicken breasts, ground beef, bottom round roasts and fresh pork... while they all were $2 or less, per pound.

FWIW, a pint size wide mouth Mason jar holds the equivalent of 1-lb of ground beef. Sure makes for some very fast & tasty meals! It tastes like fresh-cooked when used in recipes.

IMO it was definitely worth the time and effort it took to do it.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I need some good ideas for ground beef recipes. I'm looking for stuff which is different and good, not the usual hamburger helper, or spaghetti sauce kind of stuff.

We just processed an animal from our herd recently. This was an older animal (not too old, but older than a 18 month old steer), and what we do sometimes is, rather than have them butchered to steaks and roasts we have them ground (mostly). This way, all the sirloin, roasts, prime ribs and what have you all get processed in to ground, and it's the best ground meat you've ever had! I mean the BEST too! Long and short, this isn't your ordinary 'ground beef'.

So, we recently picked up about 550 lbs. of ground beef, and true to form, it's fantastic. So, now I need some outside-the-box recipes for ground.

I'm not adverse to adding other types of meat to it, things like pork, or lamb, but I'd like to get some ideas from the cooking crew here.

Short of some exotic meatballs, I'm out of ideas. Burgers are only good so many times.

Thanks in advance!
try some halupki soup . Delicious.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickebig

I need some good ideas for ground beef recipes. I'm looking for stuff which is different and good, not the usual hamburger helper, or spaghetti sauce kind of stuff.

We just processed an animal from our herd recently. This was an older animal (not too old, but older than a 18 month old steer), and what we do sometimes is, rather than have them butchered to steaks and roasts we have them ground (mostly). This way, all the sirloin, roasts, prime ribs and what have you all get processed in to ground, and it's the best ground meat you've ever had! I mean the BEST too! Long and short, this isn't your ordinary 'ground beef'.

So, we recently picked up about 550 lbs. of ground beef, and true to form, it's fantastic. So, now I need some outside-the-box recipes for ground.

I'm not adverse to adding other types of meat to it, things like pork, or lamb, but I'd like to get some ideas from the cooking crew here.

Short of some exotic meatballs, I'm out of ideas. Burgers are only good so many times.

Thanks in advance!
try some halupki soup . Delicious.

www.justapinch.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join