It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just rescued a moose

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Too cool. What is "tailings"?

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Macenroe82

well done brother. leave no moose behind. or something like that.

If you're likening to 'No Child Left Behind', that might mean the moose would get a participation trophy for being the one who got himself stuck out there.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well, that's great news! Just the mere fact she was drinking is a good sign. Hopefully they gave her as much water as she'd drink. She was probably severely dehydrated after struggling in that mud. My worry would have been that she would have drank a lot of the silty water which can lead to problems. But if she was still drinking then that's a good sign.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Tailings are the rock, sand and byproduct of a mining operation. Essentially, it's what's left over after the ore has been removed.

I don't know how this particular mine works, but often times they'll mix the mined product with water to create a slurry to move everything to a different location where the ore is extracted and then the 'tailings' are cast off into tailing pits (sometimes called tailwater pits).

edit on 5/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Trueman
The MNR is the Ministry of Natural Resources.

Big name for a bunch of idiots.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I guarantee Mother Earth has a special place in her heart for you.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I was thinking along the exact same line. Silica doesn’t only gather in the lungs. It’s also a problem for the intestines and urinary track . ( MSDS )

I’ve never confirmed this. But I’ve heard stories that in long-term concrete workers.

It can cause intestinal rupture’s from accumulation due to it’s weight and caustic/abrasive make up.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Woah

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

This is by NO means a criticism though!

i’ve been thinking about this comment. Have I been a little too touchy lately ?

If so I’m sorry everyone .

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Bullwinkel loves you man. Great job and a great story.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Good going!Someday the kindness may return to you!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

In my timezone we call that a solid effort.

Myself I would have said 'meh, survival of the fittest, circle of Life blah blah' but your compassion and dedication is admirable.

I'm sharing this story with friends and family, to show them there is still a glimmer of hope for mankind.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

All it takes to change the world is seeing a heart so caring it humbles you...

You just set my day is on a different path brother. Just utterly awesome.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
God bless you guys! Yesssssss! Nothing hurts my heart more than animals in distress. You guys should get a place in heaven for that act alone.

My favorite part of your post (besides the moose save!) is that you said you were told not to rescue the animal. Then your very next sentence: So we decided on a plan to rescue the moose. 😂😂😂

If I could, I would buy you moose-rescuers several rounds of drinks!

💞💞💞💞
edit on 27-5-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I was thinking along the exact same line. Silica doesn’t only gather in the lungs. It’s also a problem for the intestines and urinary track . ( MSDS )

I’ve never confirmed this. But I’ve heard stories that in long-term concrete workers.

It can cause intestinal rupture’s from accumulation due to it’s weight and caustic/abrasive make up.

Damn you, and damn FCD! Now I'm worries that the moose is sick and is going to wander around dehydrated and sick and die. Buzzkills, you two. 😰😰😰😰

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This is by NO means a criticism though!

i’ve been thinking about this comment. Have I been a little too touchy lately ?

:

Well...I mean you're always a little touchy, right? 😜

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You and your crew ABSOLUTELY ROCK!!!!
Thank you for doing the right thing, when told not to, and proving them wrong by keeping yourselves safe too. Obviously you all know what your doing, much better than the pencil pusher higher ups.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well the poor Moose would be dead were it not for you.

My youngest worked as a volunteer at a wildlife rescue and you would have to get an award for that kind of save. Over and above by risking your life in quicksand with a powerful animal.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I have my moments . Lol

On the bright side maybe SNL will come through with some
for the moose .

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

I have my moments . Lol

On the bright side maybe SNL will come through with some
for the moose .

😂😂 Alright you fixed it for me- thanks! Can't remember that SNL commercial without laughing.

Plus, our total badass OP did say that someone was keeping eyes on the moose. And she probably wouldn't have left if she was really sick, since she trusted her rescuers enough to drink from one's hands.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I’m home now.
Thank you everyone for the kind words.
I have a strong feeling that anyone of you would of done the same.

It’s just so damn humbling thinking it over that the moose trusted us enough to allow us to clean her off.
I’m really happy everything worked out the way it did.
That tailings pond is 30 meters deep. When I upload the video you will see the plywood planks begin sinking under The everyone’s weight.
I do not mean to be dramatic but if something went wrong...
I could of been filming not only the death of a moose, but a crew member as well.

For those concern about health effects on our moose friend.
We mine Palladium.
Unlike gold, our concentration process in our mill does not require any caustic additives.
You definitely do not want to make it part of your daily diet, but that girl will be fine.

<< 1    3 >>

join