It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine Columnist’s Trump Quote Went Viral — Then He Admitted He Made It Up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, the point is the left is willing to lie. #ByAnyMeansNecessary because #NPCSay #OrangeManBad

Liberal media is not news, it's fake news, willing to do anything to bring about their agenda. CNN, NYT, WaPo, they are all the liberal equivalent of Alex Jones.
edit on 28-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Rewey

a reply to: Rewey

You seem to think that this reflects poorly on Trump, that people can't discern between something he would say and something made up.

I know right? He should have put in a meme, because Trump supporters never believe the false quotes incorporated in memes.

You're a complete Alexander Dumas if you think this only applies one way. What an imbecilic comment.

Oh no, I agree! The right is just as capable of spreading lies, and their followers gobble them up with glee. Trump does it all the time.

Trump's purpose is to work on things like the economy and immigration. So if he tweets lies he is still doing his job.

When journalists publish lies they no longer have a purpose.

With that said, 90% of the time I have fact checked Trump's "lies" it turned out he was not the one lying, the media was. Remember that time Trump said the media is the enemy of the people? Well you shouldn't, he never said that. He said fake news was the enemy, and the liberal media ran fake news stories lying about what Trump said to hurt him. In the end they proved him right, and then proved themselves to be fake news.
edit on 28-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Like I said, he should have made it into a meme. Then all would have been well.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Only a democrat congressman would be stupid enough to run with this without fact checking. I've never seen so many people mash the gas all the way to floor when they thought the light was about to turn green.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: StallionDuck

So, it's a "completely ludicrous quote", yet he threw it out there to the sharks as if and acted like it was real. What a totally ultra leftist thing to do!

You mean to tell me people couldn't tell the difference between a completely ludicrous quote and something trump would actually say?

I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.

Lol, not the democrats. They were the only ones ignorant enough to think it was true.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Way to miss the point...or ignore it.

The fact that the man made it up means nothing to you, so long as it helps your cause. By any means necessary seems to be a thing for all too many these days...

Shocked. Shocked I tell you.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

And getting all bent about lie this makes you look soooper hypocritical.

LAUGH SNORT CHUCKLE CACKLE!!!

No, try again. This time with a little originality. Thanks.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Because it's entirely like something Trump would say, which is why it was believed. Of all the # that comes of his mouth, that made up quotation is no different.

That's the sad part, and says more about the current president than anything else.

Bremmer made his point, and very well.

Just stop. Everyone of y'all passing this off as "something Trump WOULD say" sound like ridiculously childish 14 year olds.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It's always a pleasure watching cheaters lose over and over again.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

And yet kinda plausible

So he needs to suggest that even though he made it up it would have been a thing Trump would have said. Its like even when they are completely wrong Trump is still wrong...lol

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Like I said, he should have made it into a meme. Then all would have been well.

Yes, keep creating lies and memes to create a false narrative and all is well.

How about this, they should simply report the truth and stop lying.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm generally a Libertarian leaning small-government kind of guy, so I don't typically go for MORE regulation, it's sort of anathema to my general political beliefs. But, the world is changing, and our laws need to change with the times...so I really think it's time to rework the libel laws in this country.

It should absolutely be illegal to lie about a person online, whether through false quotes, doctored photos, doctored video, etc. We're on the cusp (or in many cases already there) of being able to make any person look like or sound like they are saying anything we want them to say through audio/video manipulation. We already see bulls**t quotes and false facts posted nearly every day on social media, and we have to find a way to manage this. It's going to tear the fabric of our society apart. I think this is actually one of the biggest threats our world faces right now, as it threatens our basic trust in what we read, see, and hear. When you can't trust anything anymore, you start down the road of paranoia, and you start believing crazy sh** that no one in their right mind would believe.

Because when you can't believe anything you hear or see anymore, the crazy starts to look just as plausible as the sane, and you lose all grip on reality. It's a very dangerous road we're on right now folks...

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

With that said, 90% of the time I have fact checked Trump's "lies" it turned out he was not the one lying, the media was.

its always a positive when you prove Mr Trump only lies 10% of the time, like any and all politicians they usually lie when their mouths open, luckily the current president only does it 1 out of every 10 times, or 10 in every 100 or 100 in every 1000, what will be the total number of lies by the time he leaves office after 8 years in charge, based on your fact checking?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I could, but it's not worth it, show you tons of memes from ATS right wingers that put false words in the mouths of Dems.

Hypocrite!
Tell that to Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Pirro, Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs!

edit on 28-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: underwerks

Way to miss the point...or ignore it.

The fact that the man made it up means nothing to you, so long as it helps your cause. By any means necessary seems to be a thing for all too many these days...

Shocked. Shocked I tell you.

I'm good with it. Their advancing hatred is going to cost them major elections every year until they realize how ignorant and unattractive they're being.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

With that said, 90% of the time I have fact checked Trump's "lies" it turned out he was not the one lying, the media was.

its always a positive when you prove Mr Trump only lies 10% of the time, like any and all politicians they usually lie when their mouths open, luckily the current president only does it 1 out of every 10 times, or 10 in every 100 or 100 in every 1000, what will be the total number of lies by the time he leaves office after 8 years in charge, based on your fact checking?

He's saying that the media lies 90% of the time. Not that Trump lies 10% of the time, but I'm sure you already knew that. Your attention to detail needs work.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I could, but it's not worth it, show you tons of memes from ATS right wingers that put false words in the mouths of Dems.

Hypocrite!
Tell that Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Pirro, Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs!

If you're not just talking out of your ass then you can tell us everything they're lying about.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
I'm generally a Libertarian leaning small-government kind of guy, so I don't typically go for MORE regulation, it's sort of anathema to my general political beliefs. But, the world is changing, and our laws need to change with the times...so I really think it's time to rework the libel laws in this country.

It should absolutely be illegal to lie about a person online, whether through false quotes, doctored photos, doctored video, etc. We're on the cusp (or in many cases already there) of being able to make any person look like or sound like they are saying anything we want them to say through audio/video manipulation. We already see bulls**t quotes and false facts posted nearly every day on social media, and we have to find a way to manage this. It's going to tear the fabric of our society apart. I think this is actually one of the biggest threats our world faces right now, as it threatens our basic trust in what we read, see, and hear. When you can't trust anything anymore, you start down the road of paranoia, and you start believing crazy sh** that no one in their right mind would believe.

Because when you can't believe anything you hear or see anymore, the crazy starts to look just as plausible as the sane, and you lose all grip on reality. It's a very dangerous road we're on right now folks...

Does that apply to the POTUS as well?
How should Trump have been punished for suggesting that Ted Cruz's father was involved in assassination of JFK?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

And yet kinda plausible

So he needs to suggest that even though he made it up it would have been a thing Trump would have said. Its like even when they are completely wrong Trump is still wrong...lol

That defense worked out really well for the reporter who ran with the Virginia rape story.

Sure, she made up *her* story, but because she knew things like that happen in campuses all across the country, even if she couldn't dig up an actual account from an actual incident, it was totally OK for her to write a fictionalized story that smeared Virginia U and those frat boys because it was true in theory.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I could also point to tons of times that those same idiots haven't been taken out of context, said what they said, and you guys have done all kinds of creative mental gymnastics trying to make those words into things they aren't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join