It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine Columnist’s Trump Quote Went Viral — Then He Admitted He Made It Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hello ATS desktop politicians!

Another cheap shot at the PotUS took place as Ian Bremmer, a TIME magazine columnist, made up a false Twitter quote from President Trump. The Twitter quote went viral like a Salem witch trial during tribulation but when it was discovered, not an outrage was uttered, not even a well placed apology.

The quote:

“President Trump in Tokyo: ‘Kim Jong Un is smarter and would make a better President than Sleepy Joe Biden.'”

Bremmer eventually redacted and admitted the quote was made up but defended himself by saying:

“This is objectively a completely ludicrous quote. And yet kinda plausible. Especially on twitter, where people automatically support whatever political position they have. That’s the point.”

So, it's a "completely ludicrous quote", yet he threw it out there to the sharks as if and acted like it was real. What a totally ultra leftist thing to do!

I have one.....

"I'm a moron who needs the attention of a makeup whore so I went out and made up a quote so all of you dumb people can take it and run with it as if it were real. I'm self righteous and I have to do my best to sling monkey turds at a president who I can't stand and personally believe shouldn't be in office because I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM"! - Ian Bremmer, TIME Magazine

THIS is the kind junk that is confusing the masses and blemishing this presidential term. Isn't there a law against defamation of character? I say CHARGE HIM! Make HIM an example! I'm sure there is some sort of high crime in there. Perhaps treason? This isn't free speech protected by our Constitution. This is outright defamation.

Now for the Source:

Time Magazine columnist Ian Bremmer on Sunday tweeted a quote from President Donald Trump about North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un that quickly went viral — but it wasn’t real.

“President Trump in Tokyo: ‘Kim Jong Un is smarter and would make a better President than Sleepy Joe Biden.'” Bremmer wrote on Twitter.

Bremmer left the false post up for several hours before conceding he made up the quote and deleting the tweet, which he defended as “plausible.”

UPDATE: @ianbremmer has now admitted that he fabricated this viral Trump quote. And yet it is being shared by journalists and congressmen as if it is real. pic.twitter.com/QgNd9DnN8g

— Jerry Dunleavy (@JerryDunleavy) May 26, 2019

His actions, his lie went through the political and news world like a $#!% firestorm. All the big names took it and ran with it WITHOUT fact checking the quote. People, THIS is our news today. THESE are the people making up your minds for you. THESE are the people we expect to give us factual news. What a laugh!

Bremmer’s tweet went viral among Trump critics before he took it down.

“Don’t shrug your shoulders. Don’t get used to this insanity,” wrote CNN contributor Ana Navarro.

“The President of the United States praising a cruel dictator who violates human rights, threatens nuclear attacks, oppresses his people, and kills political opponents, IS NOT FREAKING NORMAL,” Navarro added.

Her tweet amplifying Bremmer’s fake quote was shared thousands of times across Twitter.

Navarro was far from alone in falling for the made up quote.

Democratic Calif. Rep. Ted Lieu also spread Bremmer’s false tweet. Lieu later wrote that he “removed the retweet” after Bremmer admitted the quote was fake.

Left-wing activist group Media Matters‘ deputy director of rapid response, Andrew Lawrence, also amplified the invented quote.

Lawrence called it “equally incredible how easily manipulated the president is and also that democrats havent [sic] figured out how to take advantage of this yet,” pointing to Bremmer’s false tweet.

Other critics of the president similarly promoted the false information.

The quotes go on and on.... But... What I don't see (or hear) is a well thought out apology from all of these wide mouth, two faced, double talking, lying, ungrateful goons. Not one peep. Not even a simple, "Ooops"!

News... Hah! They're turning the definition of that word into something vulgar.
edit on 5/27/2019 by semperfortis because: Corrected All CAPS

+8 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The same TIME magazine that was sued (and lost) some years back for their dishonesty in subscription autorenwal? Not saying they are liars but I am shocked, ... SHOCKED to learn anyone still reads TIME magazine.
edit on 27-5-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Trump is being honored here.
The press say his wife is wearing shi.. that an inoshishi would wear.
the american press is shtites these days

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

If I am not mistaken, don't the Koch brothers own Time Magazine??? If I remember correctly, people were losing their minds over the Koch's buying it. Looks like those people have more in common with the Koch's than they thought?

Anyhow, be careful, someone might put you on the NEWZ...

]]]

+14 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I know it is cliche, but this right here is why Trump is going to win in an absolute landslide in 2020.

+5 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

This is no different than Obama's Justice dept, Hillary's campaign, congress. . . making stuff up, selling it as fact and hoping that it'll smear Trump and anyone surrounding him.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I know time magazines new motto....

"All the news that suits our views"
Or we make it up..

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Our government is like a elementary school playground, one dumbass makes something up and by the end of the day the whole school believes it is true.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think the left leaning news should have this Motto

"the truth is out there.....

Somewhere".

(in other words, find it for yourself)

edit on 27-5-2019 by thedigirati because: I can

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

We are watching the last gasp of a dying political system.
Nothing, at this point, should suprise anyone.
They will do anything in their means to hold power.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

I know it is cliche, but this right here is why Trump is going to win in an absolute landslide in 2020.

Pretty much. It's the equivalent of how people stole Trump political signs during the election.

Ana Navarro is probably blaming Trump for all of this for not actually tweeting this.

Their minds just aren't in the right spot when it come to things Trump. He is a Russian stooge after all in their minds.

Wonder what their excuse will be in 2020........

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

So, it's a "completely ludicrous quote", yet he threw it out there to the sharks as if and acted like it was real. What a totally ultra leftist thing to do!

You mean to tell me people couldn't tell the difference between a completely ludicrous quote and something trump would actually say?

I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Time, which is referred to as "Slime", will never apologize. They consider themselves above reproach because they claim to occupy the moral high ground.

Idiotic outlet, really. Havent read them in years.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

See that's the problem. The left just eats this stuff up on the daily and feed their narrative of resist always.

What happens when these fake news stories made up to get views starts a war?

Theyd just blame Trump and keep printing fake news. No need to respond I already know the answer.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You mean to tell me people couldn't tell the difference between a completely ludicrous quote and something trump would actually say?

Shocking!

Should we look at what Trump DID actually say, which is just as bad?

“North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me [and] also smiled when he called Swampman Joe Bidan a low IQ individual [and] worse. Perhaps that’s sending me a signal?”

Yeah, it's some kind of signal...LOL

And, we also probably shouldn't be talking about how he's probably going to pardon a bunch of convicted war criminals.
edit on 27-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Typical liberal, the end justifies the means. Lie, cheat, conive, steal, plagiarize, misquote, slander, defame, discredit, use the race-gender-lgbtq etc card at will, all fair game for crazy liberals. It's like "stupid" has become a new religious subset of the pc dogma. When the left is not busy cannabalizing itself on the virtue signalling tree, they try to outdo each other on the stupid tree by having a race to the bottom. Dummy should have actually apologized for lying. The only two charges I can think of otherwise are libel (criminal interference by publishing a lie defaming someone's character) and/or sedition ( publishing a lie to interfere in the operations of an elected official or government).

But hey, that's entertainment lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You seem to think that this reflects poorly on Trump, that people can't discern between something he would say and something made up.

But I assure you that this reflects poorly on the thousands of blind Trump haters who are so finely trained to be instantly outraged at whatever they're spoon-fed without applying even a modicum of independent thought or diligence.

This is how stupid nonsense like the pee dossier get lapped up - when it's pushed by sources which are supposed to be above reproach. Pavlov could only dream of having dogs THIS responsive.
edit on 27-5-2019 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Trump is being honored here.
The press say his wife is wearing shi.. that an inoshishi would wear.
the american press is shtites these days

CNN's Jim Acosta says he feels "safer" overseas than he does here in America.

That's all I have to say about that...

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

You seem to think that this reflects poorly on Trump, that people can't discern between something he would say and something made up.

I know right? He should have put in a meme, because Trump supporters never believe the false quotes incorporated in memes.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Rewey

I know right? He should have put in a meme, because Trump supporters never believe the false quotes incorporated in memes.

You're a complete Alexander Dumas if you think this only applies one way. What an imbecilic comment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join