It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Younger Dryas Comet 12,900 BP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Conclusions - Before the Deluge drowned the bared continental shelves of the last Ice Age over the course of several millennia, the great cataclysm of the Younger Dryas befell N America and much of Eurasia. It was caused by the YDB comet impact that created the Great Lakes.

Of this, we here offer the first proof, albeit based on circumstantial evidence. The impact excavated deep holes in four of the Lakes, Superior, Michigan, Huron and Ontario. Granitic ejecta in the form of exceptionally pure quartz sands & hydrogen formed the Carolina Bays.

Fragments of the comet along its trajectory, it seems, in form of a meteorite-causing debris trail fell as feu du ciel in much of the Northern hemisphere and left the black mat in its wake. Perhaps, impact volcanism from one of the fragments caused the Laach eruption in the Eifel Mountains, near Cologne (Laach is OHG for lake; the name Maria Laach dates to 1863; until 1863 the monastery was named Laach after the lake, not the other way round, as claimed by some).

Both the YDB comet and the Laach eruption are dated to ~12,940 BP, despite some later dates for the YDB stated in older papers (15 yrs. ago). Previously, the distinction volcano vs. ET impact was often argued. The fact that Yellowstone is impact caused relegates this argument to the dust-bin of science history.

Burchard, H.G.W.(2017) Younger Dryas Comet 12,900 BP. Open Journal of Geology.

Link to PDF file:
Younger Dryas Comet 12,900 BP

This is a couple of years old, but did not find it posted here when I searched. There is some interesting info in the paper. I don't know much about Younger Dryas. I have seen it mentioned on this site before, but never this paper. Maybe some with more knowledge of Younger Dryas can comment on this paper.

edit on 26-5-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The Carolina bay lakes aren't quite a settled science as of yet. There are a lot of theories on them, but to my knowledge, nothing concrete as of now.

lakelevel.web.unc.edu...

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I read a little bit about this a couple of years ago, but wasn't sure if it was correct or not at the time because not many other papers said anything about this. I do not know if it is more accepted now, but I believe there may be something too it. That would explain some of the funny crystals that are present on some buried rocks around here, like some big heat event or energy blast caused the crystalation on the rocks. The crystals are shiny. It appears like stars on the rocks when you use light to take pictures of them. All the crystals seem to be on the north facing part here where I live, I thought maybe a meteor exploded or something. I do not think a fire would be able to create the strange patterns I have seen.

Lake Superior is north of here. Lots of sand north of here too in Big Bay. What crystalized that sand? Nice sand for putting in cement and mortar.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Yea I love this stuff... it is almost sad that it is so linked to Gram Hancock’s craziness...

I think he has really sullied the whole thing.. when people (including scientists) think about the younger dryas comet. They think of hancock’s Crazy Atlantis theories.. when it is VERY cool by itself..

The Clovis culture that was here was the most advanced at the time, but were wiped out by the comet..

All the mega fauna wiped out by the comet..

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Flag for the thread and while interesting more evidence is needed. There's a lot of proof of the comet including new information from South America and the location of a burn layer. It's now linked to the disappearance of the mega fauna and an earth scorching fire. They could sound the lake and drill for debris if they wanted more evidence. My best,

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Yea I love this stuff... it is almost sad that it is so linked to Gram Hancock’s craziness...

Graham is one of the smartest people on this planet. You would never have heard any of this if it was not for his diligent research and his eloquent speaking skills. A bit of respect is in order.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Graham is one of the smartest people on this planet. You would never have heard any of this if it was not for his diligent research and his eloquent speaking skills. A bit of respect is in order.

Agreed.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This is interesting. Flag and star for you.

I read that the Carolina Bay depressions and others of the same structure in NE and SE US were caused by a comet impact circa about 13,000 BP. The structures were caused by ejected ice from a comet impact of a glacier covering the area occupied by the Great Lakes. It is purported that the Great Lakes were formed by this impact.

Must have been a devastating event with rapid cooling of the planet in a very short time. 1500 or so years later there was a rapid warming maybe caused by another large impactor.
edit on 27-5-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The fact I might never have heard of it if not for him is true..

I couldn’t and wouldn’t deny that...

That doesn’t change the fact he is about 95% woo with the other 5 being his work on the Sphinx and younger dryas..

He doesn’t even claim to be a scientist or historian.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Gram has made it a point to tie himself to extremely smart people..

The scientists he paired with on the shpinx and younger dryas

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You really aren't making an argument here.

If anything you're promoting him by telling the truth that he does not claim to be what he's not. That's why you won't acknowledge him by his name.

Are you afraid that if you tell people his actual name then people will do their own research?

Graham Hancock is his name and whether you put any stock into his research or not, calling him Gram is just childish.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I wrote his full name in my first reply and since have been abbreviating since this is a conspiracy forum not a college term paper..

If he isn’t a scientist or historian then he doesn’t really have research.. he has reporting and story telling and way more story telling than reporting..

Maybe donations from people interested in the woo side have funded legit research, but if not then it has just sullied the careers.

You can tell from interviews that Robert (the Sphinx guy) that he isn’t happy with Hancocks association with his work.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I wrote his full name in my first reply

No you didn't, you called him Gram Hancock.

If he isn’t a scientist or historian then he doesn’t really have research.. he has reporting and story telling and way more story telling than reporting.. 

So because he doesn't have a doctorate then he's not allowed to do his own research?

You can tell from interviews that Robert (the Sphinx guy) that he isn’t happy with Hancocks association with his work. 

Probably because Graham Hancock upsets the apple cart. Archaeologists and historians don't like being told that much of what they believed to be true was false.
edit on 2752019 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

A) are you really getting pissy about not spelling out Graham ... instead using gram..

It was an honest mistake.. haven’t seen the name gram written nearly as much as gram.. mm

He upsets the apple cart... he drunkenly barrels it over and be comes the laughing stock... then the legit scientist he roped in gets snickered at too, even though they just did legit science..

He spouts ridiculous nonsense about consciousness and ancient advanced civilizations

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

but that 5% is some really interesting stuff.

he's a good dude. He's curious, and sees things that make him curious. The fact that he sells books on it speaks more to his ability to write a decent book with his theories (that, while crazy, are fun to allow your mind to wander on).

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If JustJohnny can explain Gobekli Tepi to me then I might put some stock into his opinion.

top topics

join