It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Haven't Religious People Transcended?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Transend? into what,many religions with many beliefs,I think maybe the story of jewish messiah landing on Mt Hermon and taking 144,000,that is on Sept 21st I believe,guess we will see if that happens soon supposed to be in 2020

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

How can religious people transcend when they would never be spiritually connected enough to do so.
They worship graven images, they kill in the name of their chosen gods, they decieve, etc and that's not even a pinprick in their overall issues.
They cannot transcend from being exactly who they choose to be.
Religion is as big as it is because people are stupid enough to just believe what their told instead of taking the time to actually think about it and look at the types of monuments these religious types worship.
But after 2000 plus years still very few seem to be able to see past their noses in this area, so begs the question - what hope do they have ? After all their suppressing themselves let alone others.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
EXACTLY.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

And yet we know they were all saved, so certainly, they got enough of it. They were chosen. So there are layers to grasp in the parables and in Christ's teachings, and if all you understand is the literal or letter of it, then you aren't there yet. Christ came to convict the pharisees who lived in the letter of the law, missing the spirit. Part of being saved is understanding the spirit too.

Funny how so many only go to the literal, isn't it?
edit on 27-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: solve

Siddhartha Gautama was able to remain intact after death.

I don't think I've ever heard of that before. Maybe I went to the wrong schools or something.

Every school speaks truth,

(In a very warped and twisted way)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Every school speaks truth,

(In a very warped and twisted way)

When I tried to find a reference for Siddhartha Gautama I ended up on a Japanese web page that kept comparing everything to China. Like: The Chinese adopted Buddhism because it reminded them more of their ancient Daoism then it did the Confucianism. But the Chinese adopted such and such from the Hindus rather than this other thing from the Hindus because it was more in line with Daoism.

I couldn't figure out why the Japanese site was so interested in Chinese.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Funny how so many only go to the literal, isn't it?

Some people just grow up that way. There's this verse in Matthew 24. "13But he who endures to the end, the same will be saved." A bit later there is mention of when you see such and such run away.

So in my wanderings I came across many people who had lived in survivalist camps at one time or another. The idea being that when all the bad stuff is going on, they'd be hiding out so as not to get killed, and if they're still alive after all that then they would be saved.

Most of those people have died one way or another, old age, car accidents, illnesses, fires.

I was at this camp meeting sort of gathering in the Summer of 1976. There was a big pool with this really high water slide. The owners of the property would not allow the pool to be used unless there was a lifeguard on duty.

And I happened to have a bona fide Red Cross certification. I took and passed the course three times. The first two times - the instructors license to certify had expired. "Like hey! It would have been useful to know that before taking the course." The third time, I, along with the Union of Wannabe Lifesavers (I just made that up for the story) demanded to see the instructor's license before handing over any money.

Any way, I was the only one at the camp that was certified, so I got to man the pool keeping the kids safe while the grownups were doing their meetings talking about grownup spiritual stuff.

I was yelling a lot too: "No diving into shallow end!!!" "No going down the slide head first!!!" "I've got this rigid board with straps in case of broken necks, don't make me have to use it!!!"

So saving people seems to be an ongoing temporary thing to me. Too literal.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

What does it mean to 'transend'?

Could it mean that the person you believe yourself to be has been lifted away?

Are you a person? What is a 'person'?

What are you right now? With no stories about 'you in time'..... what are you?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Transcendence!? You mean doing all the crazy things that the gods do for fun? Like dog fighting and bringing about calamity, or having sex with anything because no one dares say otherwise...unless someone telling the story.

And yet I see Satan in video games...wait, Akuma shows up and I change my mind about M.Bison.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

How can religious people transcend when they would never be spiritually connected enough to do so.
They worship graven images, they kill in the name of their chosen gods, they decieve, etc and that's not even a pinprick in their overall issues.
They cannot transcend from being exactly who they choose to be.
Religion is as big as it is because people are stupid enough to just believe what their told instead of taking the time to actually think about it and look at the types of monuments these religious types worship.
But after 2000 plus years still very few seem to be able to see past their noses in this area, so begs the question - what hope do they have ? After all their suppressing themselves let alone others.

Religion doesn't help people achieve spirituality. Its merely a vehicle to promote prayer and meditation. Its from prayer and meditation that people can achieve spirituality ...

Silence is the language of God,
All else is poor translation.

― Rumi

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hello, some spiritual people are cis-dimensional.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Well that explains a lot. Like why I'm not spiritual.

You've probably read stories about OBEs (out of body experiences) "So I was floating next to the ceiling looking down at my body..."

My OBE was way different.
When my spirit left my body and was floating near the ceiling, I looked up and said "What the … !" Then it took off and disappeared. Then I yelled out "At least come back someday and tell me what all you find out!!!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join