It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolling Thunder Motorcycle guys being harrassed by D.C. government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Between the hassle of getting D.C. permits, not being able to hand out fliers or even stickers with the American flag printed.

Having to pay for the clean up of the state sponsored food venders when the Rolling Thunder sponsors or people can not sell anything has brought the whole Memorial Day ride to a crossroads of, "It just ain't worth it anymore" ! Even President Trump has taken notice and will try and help if he can.. Needless to say since Rolling Thunder is Pro America and has many veterans riding ....think or blame whoever you want for the hassles and basically covertly wanting to shut them down..

During the interview if you listen closely the subject of missing POWs from the War in Vietnam is mentioned.. Which I have no doubt there were servicemen and maybe women left behind.

I do not know what Trump's people can do to help the situation... Since D.C. is another Bastian of a liberal welfare state..... they will probably just double down with their efforts to make things even more difficult or increase the fees they charge even higher ....?

youtu.be...

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They look like the wrong kind of people to harass. Push them too far and there could be trouble.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am glad that Trump is offering to help. Also , is anyone else getting no sound on ATS u tube videos?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Only in America is it offensive to display your own flag.
Anyone who doesn't like our flag needs to just leave or at least go lay in a ditch and never come back.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Double post....posted to close to the 28
edit on 25060000005 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Haven't you heard, South Park redefined the word FAG to mean obnoxious, loud, attention-seeking motorcycle guys. I'd say this fits.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have a Vietnam Vet friend in his 70's now that has been riding this for years. He rides with a group from Texas to California, then they all ride across the country to D.C. This is sad news.

What the heck is happening to our proud Veterans that they cannot display respect to the Vietnam Memorial or any Memorial. Sounds like they are being treated like the Grackle birds that crap on every car no matter where you shop in TX.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I remember that on the Commodore 64, Rolling Thunder that is.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: du Pelican Blanc

they should just go and do what they do and stuff the bureaucrats lets see what the judge says

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I hope Rolling Thunder will COMPLETELY boycott DC next year. Please, please guys...DO IT.

Then let the Pentagon and whomever is really behind the shakedown of this group- let them see if they really want to not have all the cash and visitors that the event brings to DC every Memorial Day weekend.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I remember that on the Commodore 64, Rolling Thunder that is.

It's also a fantastic march, FAST with lots of palm-key playing for saxophones.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Now, if they were anti-Trump people demanding impeachment I'd bet D.C. would welcome them with open arms and wave the permits and other fees.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Never heard of them. No biggy to me.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Your mouth to gods ears.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Now, if they were anti-Trump people demanding impeachment I'd bet D.C. would welcome them with open arms and wave the permits and other fees.

Unfortunately you are probably totally correct.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So you use ATS to promote your baby going into the Navy but blow these guys off?

As Rolling Thunder is a United States advocacy group that seeks to bring full accountability for prisoners of war and missing in action service members of all U.S. wars. The group's first demonstration was in 1988. It was incorporated in 1995, and has more than 90 chapters throughout the US, as well as overseas.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I said I dont know who they are.

Kind of hard to blow off people you dont even know.

Dont try picking a fight over nothing okay.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

They look like the wrong kind of people to harass. Push them too far and there could be trouble.

You are right for the wrong reason. My oldest daughter and her husband are in DC right now too. They were with a large group who biked up from SOuth Carolina. I was concerned seeing pics of the group she was riding up with. Also, surprised at how transformed her and her husband were wearing all the biker apparel!

She explained to me the reasoning for bandanas and leather being necessary on the open road. Also, that the majority of their troupe normally were as conservative dressing as them in suits and uniforms. They rode up with judges, police men, lawyers, doctors, and a pastor!

Looks are deceiving and these bikers are true patriots who are not out to break any laws and cause a ruckus.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's a fair comment. Regardless of whom we support these guys need support from both parties. Also hope your son does well as serving in the armed services as it can be quite an excellent career. My best high school bud went into the Marines as a grunt as a judge offered him jail or enlist into marines back in the day. He ended up retiring as an Officer and completed his masters degree while under their watch and on uncle Sam's dime. He was based in Hawaii for almost 9 years along with stints in San Diego and Andrews AFB. He had a good life and is now teaching kids with disabilities as a High School teacher.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I know someone there she has post none of this

Potentially fake news

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join