It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US and the war against China. (Mobile / computer tech).

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

But it was still not created by China, which was your contention.

The beamforming tech, which is the heart of 5G, was invented by Bell Labs.

MIMO was also an American invention and standardized for use in cellular systems in the late 90s. None of the original inventors of MIMO or beamforming ever made a product themselves. Those products were produced by Cisco Systems, Intel, and Bell Labs.

I'm a huge investor in some startups. Doesn't make me an inventor of their products.
edit on 26 5 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

China's leverage on an embargo is basically not buying our food and not selling us discretionary consumer goods. We are a very large portion of their GDP. It doesn't take Nostradamus to predict who wins when Walmart runs out of toys and tupperware and iphomes and cheap t-shirts and a surplus of food and farmers facing bankruptcy, while the other has long lines for food and massive unemployment because they have no buyers for the goods they are already over-producing. Now factor in the giant trade imbalance and the portion of GDP represented for each country in bilateral trade.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

If the only knew

We're crushing China.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's all a matter of will. Assuming strong will on both sides, there is no question of who the winner will be.

They won't be crushed until the tariffs last long enough for other suppliers and manufacturers to take advantage. Hopefully they come back to the table before them because a protracted trade war isn't great for anyone, but when the balance has tipped so far in one direction, a trade war is still better than the status quo.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

You completely ignored what I said then went off on a tangent.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Tangents are what matters when it comes to tariffs.

You really think its all about 'protecting the consumer'.

LOL

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: englishdissident

You really think its all about 'protecting the consumer'. LOL

LOL back at ya. Where did I say anything like you're implying. Do you have difficultly with comprehension as well?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You completely ignored what I said then went off on a tangent.

Sorry, I thought the topic was tariffs and your post WAS the tangent... and I did address it. If OPEC wants to stop trading in dollars, they can decide to do that. China is already leveraging gold to influence their futures market, and they are the world's largest importer of oil. They are already pressuring the Saudis, for example, to take Yuan. More power to them. No one is forced to trade in dollars. You can trade any product in any currency acceptable to both trading parties. Products are frequently traded internationally in dollars because the dollar is "hard" compared to alternatives. If I'm selling my product internationally, I don't want to accept Venezuelan Bolivars in return because it is highly dynamic in the wrong direction. I want a hard currency. Dollars are not the only hard currency and nations trade in other currencies frequently.

To build a stronger yuan means China will have to de-peg from the dollar which will stop currency manipulation. It also means Chinese imports in the US are more expensive and less desirable, and US exports are more attractive internationally. All things that would address US concerns long-term.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join