It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptocurrency Adoption on the Rise: Money for the Internet of Things, 5G, & the Machine Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Bitcoinist

AT&T is not the first major US-based corporation to accept cryptocurrency payments as Overstock, Expedia, Subway, Shopify, and Microsoft are just a few of the major multinational corporations accepting crypto payments.

Just recently, Whole Foods and a slew of other big-name retailers have also started accepting bitcoin via another third-party payment partnership.

Bitcoin adoption is increasing exponentially. Transaction volumes are through the roof, Mining is highly profitable, and price action is looking ahead toward the halvening-calling for support up to 10k and beyond this year. The altcoin market is also healthy with many projects launching main nets and rolling out real-world products, especially in the IoT field.

So far, the logarithmic regression projection charts are squarely in the accumulate territory. For reference:

Moonmath.win

Plenty of time to dip into this market. We're changing the economy with digital hard money and the naysayers are quickly running out of steam. I called a bull market at the $3200 range based entirely on the metric mentions above. As of today, BTC is in the $7500 to $8K range, currently at $7888. Almost at the 2019 goal of $10K range.

Reference:
Bitcoin Going to Zero? Not Likely

---------------------------
5G

When 5G networks start to go online in a large scale you're also going to see an explosion in cryptocurrency use and adoption. Especially currencies geared toward multi-entity transactions. These are transactions between institutions, between people, between machines, and the mixture of all 3. With these networks, it is conceivable that full nodes for BTC, LTC, ETH, and others can be run on mobile devices, making the networks faster, more secure, and more robust/reliable.

The Implications of Fusing 5G and Blockchain

---------------------------

The Machine Economy

This is the Machine Economy I see coming.

The Machine Economy Section 6

Decentralizing and automating digital processing, fabrication, assembly, and service transactions linked to a single ownership account on a blockchain would ensure that the owner gets paid and continues to participate in the economy. Decentralized economic networks and automation in a machine economy would make a cellphone, an electric car, or an idle computer a contributor to the economy, while the person reaps the benefits. With blockchain technology turning digital information into digital property, virtual environment simulations would be able to sell virtual property, create and sell virtual consumer goods and services, and even help create virtual societies in which people may live and work (Ordano, E., Meilich, A. Jardi, Y., Araoz, M. 2013).

I already own a blockchain based phone; the HTC Exodus 1 which I bought with Bitcoin, of course. I'm putting my money where my mouth is and so are a lot of serious players in the technology and financial fields.

All of my investment strategies are geared toward the realization of this decentralized economic model. Crypto, IoT, automation, robotics, future energy distribution and networking technologies, medical technology, FinTech, and AI. It's been a bumpy ride, but it always is when you're ahead of the curve. However, it's also been rewarding and I regularly feel like I am onto something.

I am not a financial advisor or an Oracle. I'm just a guy on the internet and you don't have to listen to me.
edit on 23 5 19 by projectvxn because: Grammar and punctuation edits

edit on 23 5 19 by projectvxn because: Edited Title.

edit on 23 5 19 by projectvxn because: Chart edit

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You speak truth and share wisdom here. Tell me you also made off like a bandit this past weekend on Matic.

People could flip their entire life savings 2 fold in an hour with crypto alts. But I suppose that is the gamble.

I really thought it would bottom out lower before the next climb..but I've clearly been proven wrong the past 6 months.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I'm looking into blockchain oracle services and tokens/coins based on those.

I'm making out like a bandit on Chainlink and ZAP.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That sounds like a sound avenue for investment. It really is about picking the right options for long term growth and adoption. And not day trading.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Edited out joke as this is a serious topic.

My next comment delves more into related topic.
edit on 24-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I wonder what , other than the dozen or so popular currencies, the other 1600 available varieties expect to happen. Will they all have a function or will many fall to the wayside? Will there only be a few utilized over time? I am considering getting XRP, BAT and maybe a few other cheap ones(Neo Cardano EOS) just because imo, it is a worthy risk to buy a couple hundred dollars worth.

What other 10.00 or less currencies do you like? Top 5 perhaps?

I recall earlier this year reading about new line of secured cryptocurrencies coming to market but now I can't find anything on them.
edit on 5pmf31530231 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Have you looked into EOS.IO?

It's an interesting model, and if I remember correctly, they're trying to get rid of transaction fees opening the door for micro transaction being more accessible with a crypto.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I have and included that in my selection thanks. It's just crazy how many there are and the features/goals are often similar. I like the premise of BAT as well.
As mentioned by the OP the IOE coming soon will usher in the full utilization of crypto and BAT seems to be targeting that.

For what it's worth, I found this guy The Crypto Dad to be helpful for beginners(like me), on how to obtain wallet(s),purchase cryptocurrencies and other crypto stuff.
edit on 5pmf31221231 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes! I highly recommend cryptodad!

He is far more qualified to explain things to beginners and he really understands how things work.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I'm a huge fan of Digibyte and ZAP.

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how good these projects are. DGB is number 45 on CMC right now and ZAP is number 702.

DGB has been around a long time and they boast the longest Blockchain ledger in existence. They have a multi-tier development protocol for each layer of its services. They are also a mineable coin and uses a multi protocol mining scheme.

Currently priced at 1.5cents US/DGB

Zap is an oracle service utility token similar to Chainlink. Both companies are trying to create decentralized oracle services across multiple sectors.

ZAP is currently priced at 1.6cents US/ZAP

I own significant amounts of all tokens mentioned because they are excellent use cases. I highly recommend checking them out.
edit on 24 5 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thanks for the tips, I will add them to my wallet. I still wonder...of the 1600 different currencies how many will come to fruition and stay, beyond the top 4 or 5. Why are there so many and do they all think they have a chance? How many currencies in, say 10 years will be circulating? This part of it all just doesn't make sense to me and maybe it doesn't need to, just get on the train now and ride it out, ha. Also, what do you think of XRP Ripple.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I expect to see a multi-ledger future. Not all of them will survive. In fact, of the ones around today, a small percentage will actually survive into the future.

I still hold significant amounts of XRP. But I don't hold it for investment purposes. I'm waiting for a card and electronic bank services to start using and accepting XRP as a payment vehicle. I want to USE this stuff, not just hodl it.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I hope we're paying attention today.

BTC @8700 right now.

top topics

join