It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Catholic Masonic Ritual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
For what its worth.

My friend's grandfather was a freemason in Georgia for part of his life. He left the brotherhood after he converted to catholicism because one the rituals they performed was crushing the papal crown under the initiates feet. This act was a clear conflict to his newfound beliefs, so he asked to be demitted.

This anti-catholic sentiment makes sense due to the mason's historical ties with the Templar Knights, who were beheaded by the Catholic Church for practicing so called "Dark Rituals."

Now it should be mentioned that my friends grandfather was a member well over 30 years ago and things could have changed. I just thought this might be interesting to some members.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
In Scotland the Masons are understood to be associated with Protestanism and the Orange Order, who hate Catholics.
The stories of the initiation ceremonies of the Masons here, include them wearing bowler hats, pinnies and rolling up the leg of one trouser. They have to show their trust whilst blinfolded and step towards two sharpened pencils held at eye level. They also have funny handshakes.
Its also Orange march season just now so we suffer morbid bands making depressing and too loud a noise early on Saturdays.
The Catholics are at it as well with the Hibs walk which is just as crap.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wonder if this hatred of catholics is wide spread through out Free=Masonry in the States, or if this was exclusive to Georgia and the Southern United States.

Georgia has a history of prejudice to Catholics (and other minorities). When the colony of Georgia was started by the British as a Buffer Colony between the rich colonies of Florida and the Carolinas; It had immigration laws. Catholics and Semites were not allowed to enter the colony.

The state of Georgia also is number 1 in number of lynchings between 1870 and 1935. Many ppl think only African Americans were lynched. This is not true, nearly 40 Italians were lynched during this period in Georgia alone.

Another secret society that is not mentioned on this message board is the Ku Klux Klan. The KKK is very similar to masonry in some aspects and the two are thought by some to actually be associated with eachother. They both have strange rituals, meet in secrecy, wear ornamental robes, and have a similar hierarchy.

Masons= master of lodge and Grandmasters
KKK=grand dragons and Grand Wizards

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well uhh Baal, considering that no where in the Masonic rituals is there any evident "Anti-Catholicism" (Masonry = the 3 degrees mind you, the most important degrees all appendant bodies are just extras), if you Grandfather was only a Master Mason, then I think it's his hatred of the Freemasons, not the Freemasons's hatred of the Catholics, that caused him to leave.

By any curiosity, is your Friend's Grand Father originally Irish?

And Baal there's a lot you should learn about the Templars
But don't worry, we can help you with that

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 10-7-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Actually yeah.
I dont think he is originally Irish. I think he is a first generation. But I do recall that my friend did have relatives in Ireland that he used to go visit every few years.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Well if I am not mistaken. (Or mistaked if you are Freemason
) The man that they call Albert Pike was a highly respected Mason and the creator of the KKK. Then again I could be wrong. Pike is so respected within the Masons that after a certain degree (Not sure which one) one must read and meticulously study his famous or (infamous if you please) book called "Morals and Dogmas". So If all that info is correct then I would have to say that there is an obvious connection there. Then again I might be wrong.

Abraham Virtue

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wolfganag Amadeus Mozart was also a Freemason, but Freemasonry can't take any credit for any of his symphonies.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Where do you gentlemen come up with such ridiculous claims? Not flaming at all, more like giggling.

I suppose we communicate with Aliens and practice mind control as well huh?

LOL, the answer is so simple that it's hard to obtain

And yes, I do wear orange on St. Patrick's Day.............. it makes my eyes look better.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
MaskedAvatar what are you talking about man?

Mozart wrote several of his symphonies FOR Masonry.

His most noted was the Masonic Dirge.

As for Albert Pike creating KKK?

No.

KKK was founded by 3 men (forget their names), shortly after Civil War, it was founded by college educated men.

The name was chosen because Kluklos or something close to it meant circle in greek, and "Klan" just went along with that.

So it was a "Circle of friends" and it was for educated men and they did play pranks.

Shortly though they started dressing up as ghosts of confederate cavalry and scaring black people (hence the white sheets).

Forrest Disbanded the KKK because of its growing violence, and it wasn't until shortly before "Birth of a Nation" that it revived itself.

And after that movie it literally blew up with membership.

Then the Government investigated them in the 20s or 30s and they were disbanded as a national unit, hence why there are different chapters of KKK all over.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've heard of the ritual of crushing a symbolic papal crown. Its in one of the 4th-32nd degrees (forget which one). While I agree that this is properly considered anti-Catholic, I think the action has a deeper meaning - the rejection of religious tyranny, or state-sponsored religion.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zhenyghi
I've heard of the ritual of crushing a symbolic papal crown. Its in one of the 4th-32nd degrees (forget which one). While I agree that this is properly considered anti-Catholic, I think the action has a deeper meaning - the rejection of religious tyranny, or state-sponsored religion.

Could you post the degree and perhaps a bit of information on it please.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zhenyghi

Knight Kadosh, 30th degree.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneWanderer1307
Here is a description of the Knight Kadosh:

This is the last of the philosophical degrees. To spread the sciences, to apply the virtues, to learn the sublime doctrines which enable humanity to live as one great family - this is the school of which Masonry is engaged. It is not within the realm of Masonry to punish oppressors and tyrants who enact barriers to brotherly love and affection. They are always punished in the course of history. It is our goal to defeat the passions and fanaticism which led to oppression by spreading love and toleration. The Knight Kadosh is aware of his obligations. He is just, equitable, and respectful of all ideas. He battles for freedom of conscience. He opposes those who would attack these liberties, but material revenge is not in his thoughts and philosophy.

It's not anti-Catholic so much as it is anti-tyrannical.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: LoneWanderer1307
Here is a description of the Knight Kadosh:

This is the last of the philosophical degrees. To spread the sciences, to apply the virtues, to learn the sublime doctrines which enable humanity to live as one great family - this is the school of which Masonry is engaged. It is not within the realm of Masonry to punish oppressors and tyrants who enact barriers to brotherly love and affection. They are always punished in the course of history. It is our goal to defeat the passions and fanaticism which led to oppression by spreading love and toleration. The Knight Kadosh is aware of his obligations. He is just, equitable, and respectful of all ideas. He battles for freedom of conscience. He opposes those who would attack these liberties, but material revenge is not in his thoughts and philosophy.

It's not anti-Catholic so much as it is anti-tyrannical.

Technically that is correct but particulars of the degree ritual presentation could be construed as anti-Catholic, particularly given that the Roman Catholic Church promotes tyranny in the sense that it wants to be the sole source of spiritual leadership in the world.

new topics

top topics

join