It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans as a species slowly going insane and heading for collapse?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: luthier
American Christian's forgot revelation was written about the author (john) experience being sacked by 60k Roman soldiers.

Nope, It's a totally literal explanation of what's going to happen when the tribulation blasts all the apostate heathens like you straight into the 9th circle of hell.

I get that a lot.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson hated cities, he envisioned the USA as a great agrarian society. The main problem with cities is its so far away from a natural lifestyle, I think this is why the crime rates are higher in cities, and most other social issues are magnified.

I think the growing homestead/ grow locally movement is a yearning in many people wishing to live more in tuned with the natural world.

All civilizations that have ever existed have fallen, maybe this universe #25 experiment is why.

The disconnect between rural vs city dwellers is they can't relate to each other. The rural dweller lives a challenging, independent, rewarding lifestyle closer to nature. The city dweller lives a more dependent, fearful, unrewarding lifestyle that is separated from the natural world.

I agree with Thomas Jefferson I think we would have a much more productive, rewarding, happy civilization, if more of us lived on a family farm. I think family farms produce better, healthier, more productive people living closer to nature.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't think mankind is going insane, but we are stressed to the gills because the world economic model puts nearly all wealth in the hands of a few. The result is people do bad things, make poor decisions, and become increasingly divided at a time when greater unity is demanded to solve the problem. Ironically, though we have a strong will to survive, we are literally allowing a handful of people to destroy us as a species.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I understand , a synthesis of two theories , I assumed that he meant synthetic evolution by genetic engineering

edit on 24-5-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Well then synthetic doesnt exist since we cannot create something from nothing.

But even in the sense of synthetic evolution what will call the hybridization of humans and chips? Birthing without humans? Changing genetic codes to produce desired traits outside of environmental pressure?

What is interesting to me is how nature and darwinian evolution effect those synthetic forms of evolution.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

we are something from nothing, the universe is something from nothing, thoughts come from nothing!

all is from the void of nothing !

Well yeh the semantics of the words will obviously have different meanings

essentially nothing is truly synthetic as everything in the universe is natural !

What if human evolution has everything to do with technology , what we would call synthetic parts , being used to advance the human species beyond homo sapiens +

how can we be out of environmental pressure when we exist within the universe , if we do it in a lab , its still in an environment , there is still some pressure from somewhere , problem solving pressure

like we would modify our genes so humans could breath in inhospitable environments , so we can live on other planets and because we have #ed the earths atmosphere !

there will always be the survival of the species pressure !

It is a really interesting subject

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Aha. Yes but we need terms so we can differentiate the pace nature on our point in space and time has vs our own species altering with forced evolution.

In the grand scheme of everything I think "we are sex organs of the universe"

Something from nothing may be completely anthropic as a principle..

My guess is the correct statement is something from when and where.

Forgot the most import part of the equation.

When are we a new species? Biological evolution we are aware of has never occurred in such a short time to create a new species.

If we create a hybrid human cyborg (not crazy our iPhones are the beginning chips in utero is already here for animals) and it does not require a human host to carry or give birth is that a new species? What if it can speak with AI and we can not?

Ehat are you if you are altered that way but are born from a human?

Are they the same?

I suspect we will be too far along for the public to have a voice before we get there. People don't seem to get how fast this is happening and what the issue is when IQ can be paid for before birth or who has access to that.
edit on 24-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The overly political humans are definitely going insane, and at a rapid pace.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Thoughts do not come from nothing.....

Thoughts come from the brain, brain cells and electrical impulses..

There is zero evidence of thoughts being independent of a brain lol..

Your confusing intangible semantics arguments with reality..

We do not come from nothing.. and the universe comes from nothing..

The universe comes from nothing and we come from the universe..

We would have to come from nothing independently of the universe for your comparison to be relevant.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Great thread discussion, a rare thing as of late..

Social behaviors and human interactions are on full display for big brother to see, document, review, summarize and conclude with whatever it is they do with our information and spying on the realm.

Especially the internet. This is a big one folks. Every day online users, being monitored and surveillance wherever they go online.

All interactions, emails, private time (whatever people do in that span..), history, bookmarks, likes, comments, views and anything you have searched of course. Oh and dont forget cookies! Yum.....

With all this society monitoring and online monitoring, ignorant folks are unwittingly giving all this data to big brother and the state.

Think about this for a second; big brother has gathered every kind of human interaction, evaluated them and concluded our basic AND complex behaviors and interactions.

Meaning, simply put, they know more about us than we know of ourselves. What they do with that information, and how they utilize that data.. we will never know.

But the important thing is this, they know everything we are, and are becoming by these super deep surveillances and monitoring of public and private matters in society and online.

So really, someone already has the answers to this thread we seek.

☆&F
edit on 24-5-2019 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
One more thing to add, for awareness sake.

This "hyper-social society" didn't happen on it's own. Just like Universe 25, it was by design, an unnatural design.

Keep that in mind.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

What if... what if WE are rats

What IF, we live in RAT city and AI is UFOs trying to figure out who their creators were like we’re trying to find GOD, who is an AI

💥

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

We are going insane? What a load of bubbling warthog refrigerator- I know this people my friend professor purple donkey said so.

I would hold technology to blame, the other day the internet and the media lost its s**t because some cranky lookin Kitty died. WHO CARES? Sure as I cat I owner I can sympathise with the owner, but his followers will most certainly be onboard with the next fad such as the smiling Tarantula.

The internet encourages lunacy and stupidity, take the flat earthers for example, some ingenius quarterwit posts a centuries old debunked theory online, and idiots fall for it! That's lunacy.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

American Christian's forgot revelation was written about the author (john) experience being sacked by 60k Roman soldiers.

That's one branch of thought on it, yes, but also fails to explain why Christ never returned and why we aren't now living in literal Heaven on Earth as promised at the end of it all. Those are always two problems with that line of thought.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's one branch of thought on it, yes, but also fails to explain why Christ never returned and why we aren't now living in literal Heaven on Earth as promised at the end of it all. Those are always two problems with that line of thought.

Ultimate branch of thought dictates no one knows the time and any who guesses shall be proven a fool.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

Or at least that is the more revised edition on insanity, I think Einstein was quoted on saying it, but it was obvious before him, though not the popular definition of the time. Before that it was, anybody who did not follow the guy next to him dress the same way, worship the same way, and talked the same way, was considered insane, and before that, those who questioned the state or whatever political party were the insane ones. And before that? Well you can go as far back as you want and the definition would change.

Etc, etc, As you can see that word insanity. Can mean a many great things to a many great people. For instance every few years people take this study done on some mice and like to point out how it applies to people as well. Again and again, year after year some would purpose there claim and believes.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

The way I look at it. The guy tried to create a mice utopia using his limited knowledge and unfounded believe in what would constitute as "utopia" for mice. Well not even that, he substituted what his version of a mice utopia would be on a mice population he kept around. And then when his mice Utopia did not go according to what he thought would happen.

Well quite obviously he concluded that it was a universal law that everybody and everything mush adhere to after all the mice did. Though personally I just think he was just a very #ty mice keeper. When it was obvious that his little utopia does not mean jack squat to mice, he should have switched it up and changed a few things here and there.

And the results would have been different. But when you substitute and impress your believe on what you think somethings should be like, for something that quite obviously is not that at all.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So yes, the human species from its beginning till now, has and was and will be insane. And what and who are those who time and time again repeat the same exact thing while constantly expecting different results?

That's right. Its stupid. Insanity and stupidity are part and parcel of eachother.

Though personally I dont think the insane though they are great in number are that much of a threat. The unsane however? That may be a different kettle of fish. Likely a different thread, even though not much a difference between the two.

As for the mice utopia? Ya, the only thing that whole experiment proved is that there definition of a mice utopia was incorrect and completely flawed, because the mice they were keeping died. I would say that right there is what we would call a failure.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Very wise, good input sir.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nope, It's a totally literal explanation of what's going to happen when the tribulation blasts all the apostate heathens like you straight into the 9th circle of hell.

It's funny really, we have nutters these days channeling aliens, angels, smurfs and who knows what, it's generally treated as the joke that it is. But because some bloke did it a couple thousand years ago and made it all cryptic people are like ," oooh, can't wait for those trumpets and pestilent horses to bring Jesus back to judge all those heathens and build me a mansion on new earth 2..."

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Yes. I'm 100000% sure that Mankind has gone round the bend, several times. And here we are going around it again.

Hold tight people, it's about to get rocky, cold and full of ice.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackIbanez

If it happens, can i smoke a j and laugh at you? (or with if you change your mind before Jesus arrives on his white horse to piss on his enemies).

edit on 25-5-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join