It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish government considering banning Norse runes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If they want to "deter hate groups", maybe they should be banning Arabic.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: trollz

What the hell is wrong with everyone in the West?

Some seem to have fallen victim to the Cult Of Virtue Signaling and Self Loathing while trying to kiss the ass of anyone not of Northern European hermitage. It's damned bizarre... My Scandinavian ancestors would have slapped these morons to the ground in double time.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We need to state that virtue signaling is cultural appropriation and watch these morons heads explode.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have a set of runes somewhere they can be used kind of like tarot cards only mine are handmade so they were a lot cheaper than tarot cards.
Doesn't sweden have religious freedom? And hasn't their been a renewed interest in the old religion? Years ago red ice radio was a great source if you were interested in the Nordic religion and stories. There wasn't really any racist undertones like there is today. If anything it was more like get the Christian out of our traditions line.
This move makes me wonder if maybe the racist weren't sent in to undermine a movement that was really just exploring their own religious heritage. The runes are part of the religious history. Each one carries a spiritual message.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

They labeled red ice as a racist channel a couple of years ago... you can't escape these fools, if you try to counter their social engineering exercises, you get labeled. As I've said many times before, the only defense to being called a racist in this era is complete apathy. It's the one reaction to the accusation which they have no established response to.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That is as bad as the Catholics were doing during the crusades, destroying history and forcing new policies on the people they took over. Actually it is worse, Christianity usually does not do that anymore except a few sects. The Muslims still do that kind of stuff, are the Muslims taking over the Swedish government? Maybe the people running Sweden have converted to Islam.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
How the hell does banning Runes deter hate groups?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I'd like to see them try because heathenism is fairly connected and socially oriented. If they tried to ban runes it would be seen as an attack on religion.

The only solution would be to ban all religious language/art because anything else is highly discriminatory... Either way both actions are illegal under international law.

Seriously, let them try.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
How the hell does banning Runes deter hate groups?

It wouldn't really, neo Nazis in Germany still wear the swastika. The reasoning would be aimed at those groups. The Nazis were fond of using Norse/Germanic symbolism.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: BlueJacket

What the hell is wrong with everyone in the West?

Some seem to have fallen victim to the Cult Of Virtue Signaling and Self Loathing while trying to kiss the ass of anyone not of Northern European hermitage. It's damned bizarre... My Scandinavian ancestors would have slapped these morons to the ground in double time.

My Viking ancestors were Berserkers, so they'd go berserk?

Truly bizarre, yet a somehow natural progression or more likely a part of some CT-plan coming to fruition. Otherwise they must be really afraid of Swedish hate groups that they would want to destroy their own history and culture.

A very extreme measure but for what real reason? Terrorism and/or social programming at work here is my guess.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
The world really needs to come together and ban the letter 'Y'. It can't be trusted. Are you a vowel or a consonant? WHY ARE YOU PLAYING BOTH SIDES? WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING AT? CHOOSE AN IDENTITY, DAMN YOU!!!

This has gotta be the work of hateful ideologies.

Don't be a hater, yo. It's just transletterism. Sometimes, y identifies as a consonant, and sometimes it identifies as a vowel.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is stupid.

So let me get this one straight.

White folks can't adopt bits of POC cultures because that's wrong and demeaning to POC, but if white people have bits of their own cultures they like and use ... that must be banned because it's clearly hateful?

Did I get that right?

Does this mean that the Scottish will be banning bagpipes as hate music next and the Irish will follow with RIverdance?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is stupid.

So let me get this one straight.

White folks can't adopt bits of POC cultures because that's wrong and demeaning to POC, but if white people have bits of their own cultures they like and use ... that must be banned because it's clearly hateful?

Did I get that right?

Does this mean that the Scottish will be banning bagpipes as hate music next and the Irish will follow with RIverdance?

I think your 100% correct there.
All white-culture is hateful and MUST be banned
No white person can practice anything whatsoever from their own culture NOR from any other culture just in case somebody, somewhere, might get offended.

HONK HONK

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If they go ahead with this, then they must also ban all use of Bluetooth technology.

I mean look at those hateful runes used for it's logo lol. SMH

ETA: Didn't realize the pic was so big, oops lol.
edit on 5/22/19 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Ya, I get it, I doubt it can be effective..a person does not change or partake in an ideology based on a literal symbol/s.

This is just plain stupid.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Speechless.. So in a couple of years, runes will have the same faith as all swastika variations,

Imagine if the next tyrant uses a physical wheel as a symbol, and after the tyrant has been defeated, we ban all wheels all together.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Depends.

If Bluetooth is an Asian invention then the use of the rune symbol is ‘cultural appropriation’ and is 100% acceptable and even encouraged by the rabid left.

If Bluetooth is a ‘white’ invention then that’s hateful and racist and every single white person that’s ever used Bluetooth is a bigoted racist who needs to be doxxed and exposed.
Which is also 100% acceptable and even encouraged by the rabid left.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
lol heres the west in a nutshell

my culture baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

any other culture at all......... THE BEST EVER BOY HOWDY!

edit on 23-5-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My biggest take from this you calling out lefties, that literally is even more insane than the banning of the runes, which is pretty bloody insane.

Umm, who is calling for the ban? The Social Democrats. Who are they? The Swedish leftist party. Who is against the ban? The Moderate Party and the Sweden Democrats. Who are they? Liberal and social conservatives, respectively.

You would be mistaken, they are the conservative right wing party.
edit on 23-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Swedish democrats are right wingers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join