It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 reasons Impossible Burger’s CEO is wrong about GMO soy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Estrogen is for women actual women.

Agree - All kinds of issues created and foisted on an ignorant public in false guise of "healthy" eating and soy.

Also agree huge leap between hybridization and gene modification.

The FDA allowed marketing of GMO without longterm study. Lack of labeling rules has made GMO hard to avoid.

Seems might be corrolation between advent of GMO in mass market and rise in autoimmune diseases, food allergies.

Poster claiming genetic modification is harmless because nobody immediately fell over dead may be seriously mistaken.

Did anybody mention the poison canola oil used?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Melen

This is all FUD. You're not going to turn into a mutant because you ate GMO food. You would've already.

On point.

This is a product of scientific illiteracy and mainlining Natural News like it's a real informational website.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
We are not getting all upset about it now. We’ve been upset about it for a long time. As for waiting a long time to see results? Add has exploded, as have autoimmune disorders. Also societally testosterone levels have plummeted. Almost every male friend or relative of mine have levels in the 300 range. What was the average testosterone for a 50 year old man in the 1980s is the average testosterone level for 30 year old males today. There’s plenty drastic changes taking effect that you just don’t notice if you grew up recently vs older folks who grew up in a time with normal testosterone levels, no add, almost no autoimmune disorders, very few people with serious allergies..... and today almost everyone is affected by at least one of these issues.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

No doubt glyphosate is a major contributor, however we have so many other pollutants affecting our environment it's hard to gauge just which is worse, still though anyone thinking slicing glyphosate genes with crops is a healthy or even safe choice is somewhat simple, or perhaps just horridly misinformed.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Melen

originally posted by: Metallicus
I will never understand why someone would eat a fake burger when they could have a real one. If I want to eat veggies I will have a salad.

Vegans think it's better for the planet (hint: it's still processed and those processes aren't always environmentally friendly). It's the same as Prius owners. So happy to rub in peoples faces that they drive a hybrid. Start discussing the damage to the environment the battery manufacturing causes, and they generally won't listen.

Give me real beef any day! Which... incidentally, cows, chickens and pigs, just some of the animals that are GE (genetically engineered).

Vegans and Vegetarians can (and do) have many reasons for abstaining from animal products. Not all of them think they are better than you or do it because they think it will save the planet. Most of the vegans I know do it because of their love and compassion for animals- they simply do not want to support factory farming and the torture and suffering that the animals must endure as part of that industry.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

There is a huge difference between hybridization and gene splicing.

GMO soy is round up ready, have you seen any news of late regarding roundup?

But what difference is there CHEMICALLY???

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Melen
a reply to: FyreByrd

I don't get your reaction to GMO at all. Almost all of the food we eat on this planet is genetically modified. Corn was not originally sweet like it is today. Cucumbers were mostly seeds. Potatoes are genetically modified. This is historical data you can look up and is only 3 examples. Most of the food people buy at a store has been genetically modified for a very long time.

Most oils used for processing of prepared foods are modified, which many people eat multiple times a day. That bag of REO's (had to stick a Ben Carson dig in somewhere) are genetically modified.

This is all FUD. You're not going to turn into a mutant because you ate GMO food. You would've already.

Guess you missed the part that it's soy.

So unless it's fermented and served it's chock full of pseudo-estrogen.

Essentially a cancer burger for men or women post-menopausal.

And we wonder why we're going to have to adjust our cancer rates in America to 50% of the population...

I think at this point it's just social Darwinism.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

seriously? its imeasurable due to a lack of standardized metrics. but if youre apoliticol its obvious friend.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Genetically modified refers these days to food where genetics from across the plant, animal, microbes is interchanged. GMO plant to plant is not considered GMO. The Potato is modified but all the changes up to the white Russet have all been plant to plant. Corn has spliced BT genetics into it, but the government says it still can be considered organic and refuses to have it classified as GMO.

The GMO I do not like is the kind where they alter the soy so it will allow extra roundup to be used, I do not think that chemical is a good chemical for humans to be eating.

I eat some foods organic, others I do not mind being commercial. Since they have gone to using roundup preharvest on grains, I have switched to all organic now in grains.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

smart, but you knew that

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I will never understand why someone would eat a fake burger when they could have a real one. If I want to eat veggies I will have a salad.

You know full well it's an ethical deal, I struggle with the idea, particularly the treatment of livestock.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

listen, either take up free range farming, start hunting, or stop eating meat.

I kept 30+ chickens, free range on a perma culture farm, for years...those chix lived vastly longer and better than any wild bird of the same genus.

opinions are worthless without real world experience.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

heres an easy answer to your question: reductionism is not fact.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Then the chemical compositional differences between gmo-soy vs non-gmo-soy ARE????????

edit on 23-5-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
We are not getting all upset about it now. We’ve been upset about it for a long time. As for waiting a long time to see results? Add has exploded, as have autoimmune disorders. Also societally testosterone levels have plummeted. Almost every male friend or relative of mine have levels in the 300 range. What was the average testosterone for a 50 year old man in the 1980s is the average testosterone level for 30 year old males today. There’s plenty drastic changes taking effect that you just don’t notice if you grew up recently vs older folks who grew up in a time with normal testosterone levels, no add, almost no autoimmune disorders, very few people with serious allergies..... and today almost everyone is affected by at least one of these issues.

That doesn't mean it's all because of vegetables that are slightly modified genetically for things like durability and resistance to pesticided or herbicides.

It always goes back to the big unknown question mark that isn't 100% answerable despite vast probabilities which is wether or not it has a measurable effect on human consumer health.

The facts you list which might but probably are or aren't because of GMO crops (pick your side for the debate; it's the next best thing to Atheism vs Christianity - no one ever wins but sounds good) could easily be a result of societal factors of many more people living much closer together in an increasingly stressful and competitive society. Survival of the fittest.

Suppose there are built in checks and balances, limits to the system of human population growth once factors are forced into play like the number of humans on the planet, the impact of the evolving complex social changes and competition that barely existed before the modern (internet) age?
edit on 5/23/2019 by r0xor because: Darwin

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: pexx421

That doesn't mean it's all because of vegetables that are slightly modified genetically for things like durability and resistance to pesticided or herbicides.

It always goes back to the big unknown question mark that isn't 100% answerable despite vast probabilities which is wether or not it has a measurable effect on human consumer health.

The facts you list which might but probably are or aren't because of GMO crops (pick your side for the debate; it's the next best thing to Atheism vs Christianity - no one ever wins but sounds good) could easily be a result of societal factors of many more people living much closer together in an increasingly stressful and competitive society. Survival of the fittest.

I believe your argument is irrelevant based on the fact the glyphosate is a poison with many half lives, it destroys the soil structure and all the microorganisms which keep the soil alive in the first place, once the soil is lifeless it can no longer support life, that life includes us.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I believe your argument is irrelevant based on the fact the glyphosate is a poison with many half lives, it destroys the soil structure and all the microorganisms which keep the soil alive in the first place, once the soil is lifeless it can no longer support life, that life includes us.

Mankind is accidently exterminating itself at the height of its intelligence by making GMO crops?
edit on 5/23/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I wouldn't go that far, however we are in a race to the bottom, embracing gmo will certainly speed up that decline.

You don't really think any of this is accidental do you.

edit on 23-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I thought that GMO food products were only to be used in livestock feed here in the U.S.

I understand that some ingredients are GMO because it's hard to track sources, but OK for direct human consumption now? Wonder when they changed the laws on that one? They must have got that through when I wasn't paying attention.

We should have mandatory GMO labeling on food products so we can have a choice and the free market dynamics can work like they are supposed to.

I've been avoiding soy products because 99% of soy in the U.S. is GMO. GMO soy certainly won't be sold in countries that ban GMO products. I should be growing non-GMO varieties, maybe there will be a market for organic non-GMO soy beans soon.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

We should have mandatory GMO labeling on food products so we can have a choice and the free market dynamics can work like they are supposed to.

US Congress said no to that one. What does that say about our leaders. (bought).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join