It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I go have a colonoscopy again after 11 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: putnam6

A person never expects something like this at my age. Yesterday, spending the afternoon with my mother, who is now 92, and sisters family, I told my brother in law and he looked at me and said 12 polyps, with a cringe on his expression and I acknowledged him with just a smile and subdued chuckling grin.

Not sure how old but to me its that they keep reoccurring. Had my Gall bladder removed I'm 52 its no big deal, but its messed with my digestion. Do eat right there are ways to lesson polyps, I was surprised didn't have any

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: CharlesT

Best of luck, and remember, the next world surely can not be as bad as this one.

That deserves repeating.

edit on 21-5-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I haven had an appetite since. But I need to loose 20 or 30 lbs. 226 5"11'. Exciting times ahead.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Nickn3

The prep gave me diarrhea.

I have enjoyed many hours of your post through the years. Many entertaining posts.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I know. ATS can't be rid of me that easy.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What an awful procedure to have, I had a colonoscopy right after an endoscopy, they just turned the operating table around. I would advise anyone who is due to have a colonoscopy to insist on being sedated! I wasn't, but did have gas and air when ever it got too bad. They removed several polyps.

The prep is awful too, be prepared to spend hours on the loo.

They pump you full of air which is released when they are removing the camera, that's probably the best part of it all

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Coming up on 69. I have smoked 50+ years now, my companion died from asthma and COPD and I still smoke. Ain't that a kicker. I have always eaten well. Looking back, an annual 3 day fasting would be good for the gut.

Great you didn't have any. I'm proud for you.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Cropper

3 times for me now, the first without sedation.

LOL! I was laying on the table for the dr. and 2 good looking nurses were standing at the foot of the bed taking. One with her back to me and the other looking in my direction. She pointed at the one with her back to me and then to me. The nurse reached over and pulled the sheet back over my private parts.

Taking, talking? Maybe both.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
when it's your time, it just is. Good news is, nobody in the history of Earth, has ever complained about the afterlife. So smile, it has to be good. And we will all get to find out the real answer when we take the dirt nap.
no ragrets

edit on 21-5-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It was unwise to wait for 11 years if you already had an issue.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I didn't think I did. I waited the 11th year because I didn't recognize any issues. Only postponed it 1 year.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I had a partial one and a full one in my teens, the full one at 17 because they were trying to figure out why I had upset bowels and diarhhea all the time. All they found was inflammation of the "crypts", a spastic colon, and acute colitis, non ulcerative.

18 years later, I've relentlessly bombarded my guts over the years with whatever the hell I wanted; prescription pills on empty stomach for years, alcohol on an empty stomach to this day, spicy food, greasy food, don't care. I'm going to get the sh#ts from what I'm going to eat? Oh well, so used to it now that its normal.

I have to take 2 immodium a day to even have a chance at a normal poo. Granted I hardly eat any fiber or even bread for that matter. Lots of meat, cheese, sauces, soups, veggies. I honestly dont care if its going to blow my ass out afterward. I also have overactive stomach acid and if I don't eat for a day, I'm spitting it up in foamy spits, stomach "empty burns", and I poo mountain dew. I'll also occasionally throw it up after drinking a lot of water to even make that possible.

If a juice fast cleans you out and isn't just a fad, I'm clean as a whistle.

The flora and fauna in my guts are probably dead ass too. The good bacteria.
edit on 5/21/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

WOW!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: hombero

I didn't think I did. I waited the 11th year because I didn't recognize any issues. Only postponed it 1 year.

Would you say you've leaned toward the constipated side, loose bowels side, or relatively normal that can occasionally go either way most of your life?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Anyone want to look up Hillary's bunghole?

You can probably find it on YouTube.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I was curious if the polyps are encouraged to form from drier, constipated, alkaline conditions in your colon/intestine or in the opposite conditions: wet, acidic, loose. Or if there's no correlation to either.

Some people's bowels are slow and calm, others are fast and spasmatic. For example, I commonly pass a meal in 12 hours or most of it. How do I know? When I eat corn.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thanks for that video!

Added to my anti-cancer file.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I have access to city water but would not cut my well loose. It is an excellent well. I don't consume chlorinated water but I do grill the majority of my meat just outside the back door. Does grill smoke have something to do with it. I have never had digestive problems until the last few years.
But you know what, it doesn't mater what caused it. It's history now. The worry is not in me.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Just wondering if I should be the one worrying!

For some strange reason, perhaps wishful thinking or a mind trick to not worry about it.. I feel like it's healthy.

Grilled meat and well water? Sounds awesome. As for grilled meat causing any problems, all I know is that black char on anything, even toast is supposed to be carcinogenic. Maybe smoke them on the grill covered more, let your charcoal burn down some first, no direct flame. Then again, you may very well have one of those fancy grills that use gas.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I feel more sorry for the doctor in situations like this. I don't care what they get paid. I'd rather dig ditches in the snow than have to look in people's ass all day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join