It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY do lighters SUCK so BAD today?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lighter? A real man yells at wood and it bursts into flames.

Yeah, and a real woman just needs to stare!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I swear by Clipper lighters;

They're refillable, the flint it replaceable, and they come with a handy pokey built-in, and they last for months.

I have a stainless steel one too that's my 'dress lighter', it's nice and shiny so that one doesn't get handed around at the pub, lol

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: underwerks

Lighter? A real man yells at wood and it bursts into flames.

Yeah, and a real woman just needs to stare!

Truth.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Carefully breakdown your dead Bic for flint. I used to have a tobacco can full of dead lighters for just that reason.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonBay
Got to be a zippo lighter! Haven't used a disposable in years, like you say they are utter garbage

I agree, been using a zippo for years now and the spent bic lighters have a big fat flint that will fit the zippo and it lasts a lot longer than the store bought flints. I have some store bought flints I haven't used in a long time because I find dead bics in the street constantly. Plus you can use other fluids in a zippo if you have too. Also, like it was posted here, zippo will repair or replace your lighter for the cost of sending it to them.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I've tried all kinds of DISPOSABLE lighters and only purchase 2 brands that work consistently and last a long time for my minimal use. My favorite are made by Djeep, but I also will get BIC Minis. The Djeeps are usually more expensive, but you can tell that they are of higher quality construction and materials than any other disposable on the market that I've found. I too have had issues with "regular" Bic lighters, inconsistent and hard to ignite sometimes. But, the Bic Minis always seem to work for me. Djeep Lighters on Amazon
edit on 5212019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nice rant! Thank you for the upgrade of rant standards!

I'm with bobs_uruncle... those plasma lighters are awesome.

Is there really a need for fossil fueled fire starting anymore?

There's this Good, Cheap, Fast premise I stumbled upon a while back that greatly affected the way I shop. I have yet to find any products that include all three...

www.pyragraph.com...

edit on 21-5-2019 by ttobban because: bad link

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
What I find that sucks is you can't find one with a high low in it anymore, used to be a lever to adjust the flame, they don't seem to be around anymore, sucks. Lol

Those were easy to subvert so that you could make the flame huge. Probably they were concerned that people would get hurt/do bad things with it so they phased it out.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I have been using the same Bic for about 4 months now, with a 3/4 pack a day disgusting habit.
Never have a problem with Bic’s.

Smoking is only a disgusting habit after it causes cancer or if you don't smoke. When I used to smoke I could not figure out why it was "disgusting". You can't smell the smoke that lingers on you when you smoke. There was an old man at Home Depot the other day who was trying to help me find a tub part I was looking for. The old guy reeked of cigarette smoke and I was taken aback. I wonder if I used to smell like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join