It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissecting the Global Warming and Energy Issues in Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Some of these energy problems will have to be solved in order to colonize off world. There are no fossil fuels on other planets in this solar system, so any energy sources we have there will have to be something else. Either we'll figure out much more efficient and reliable nuclear or we'll figure out better solar or something else entirely, but that is one of the many problems that will have to be solved in order to stay off world long-term.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

But this idea of zero CO2 emissions really doesn't make any sense on any level, it's not even good for plants and trees.

You can bury it and promote the resources of tomorrow by utilizing compression and appease both sides.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm sure part of our mix tomorrow will utilize things that are unfathomable whole most rely on things that are feasible.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Sorry to bump this thread but had to post this video from ABC News Australia. I'm always a bit surprised when ABC releases more balanced report like this. Apparently it takes something like 10 years before a solar panel will produce enough clean energy to offset the emissions created during its manufacturing, but we're seeing many low quality panels die as soon as 2 years after they were installed. And since we have no recycling system in Australia right now they just get dumped straight into land fills. It seems extremely likely that the solar panel boom in Australia has actually caused more pollution than it has offset due to low quality panels. Our government has also subsidized this process, essentially giving an advantage to the solar industry on the assumption it's good for the environment.

Good quality panels however probably can last long enough to reduce overall emissions, but without a proper recycling system I still don't see it as being very beneficial, and I would also ask if the average person is able to afford a high end solar system in the hopes it will last decade and eventually start saving them money once it pays for its self. That is a major reason many people opt for the cheaper systems and pay less qualified people to install it. As far as I can see right now, solar tech still needs to become better at producing energy at a lower price before it will become a truly cost effective solution, until them this idea that green tech costs less really is a form of propaganda.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join