It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 people reported killed in gun attack at Brazil bar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

State officials confirm 'a massacre occurred' as media reports say gunmen kill six women and five men in Belem bar.

News agencies reported that state communications officials stopped answering phone calls. Military and civil police in Para state also did not answer phone calls or respond to emails.

Here we go again, however there is no news yet on who perpetuated this act. I do not know about the region, so I am hoping for the best in an otherwise terrible situation.

masked men, arriving in cars and on motorcycles. If history says anything, this isn't the modus operandi of something else, so..

Waiting on further news.

www.aljazeera.com...

edit on 20-5-2019 by gallop because: edited typo.

ETA: I did a search, did not find this posted, nor saw it in breaking news or the new post feed. If it's a duplicate, please delete.

edit on 20-5-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

State officials confirm 'a massacre occurred' as media reports say gunmen kill six women and five men in Belem bar.

News agencies reported that state communications officials stopped answering phone calls. Military and civil police in Para state also did not answer phone calls or respond to emails.

Here we go again, however there is no news yet on who perpetuated this act. I do not know about the region, so I am hoping for the best in an otherwise terrible situation.

masked men, arriving in cars and on motorcycles. If history says anything, this isn't the modus operandi of something else, so..

Waiting on further news.

www.aljazeera.com...

ETA: I did a search, did not find this posted, nor saw it in breaking news or the new post feed. If it's a duplicate, please delete.

Brazil is not a good country, this has nothing to do with anything but how things work down there

About two years ago i went into a trip with my little cousin, she was 14 at the time and i was dumb to assume things would be great going the both of us alone in that trip

So we ended up in Brazil, and we spent a few days there, then one day at the hotel we got a visit from some police guys, they told us we had been targeted for kidnapping and to be rented as sex slaves and that we had to leave the city right away, no excuses.

Apparently they did not want to deal with the issue. Not that they cared about us no, but they did not want to deal with foreigners turning up raped and dead somewhere, that was all they cared about

In Brazil, tons and tons of people die everyday, police care about foreigners but not about their own citizens, that's reality. Gangs control everything except tourism

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

That is what I had suspected. On searching I found a thread from earlier this month regarding a school shooting there.

It's strange that they care more for foreigners. You hear a lot about some places where the authorities are remiss when it comes to foreigners going missing. Again, not interested..

Whoever is responsible though, it is a reprehensible and cowardly act.

No matter the climate of the region.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

That is what I had suspected. On searching I found a thread from earlier this month regarding a school shooting there.

It's strange that they care more for foreigners. You hear a lot about some places where the authorities are remiss when it comes to foreigners going missing. Again, not interested..

Whoever is responsible though, it is a reprehensible and cowardly act.

No matter the climate of the region.

That's true, i don't know why they cared about us really, maybe there were local elections or something and they wanted to avoid looking bad, who knows. They were not nice at all in any way, in fact they even called my cousin "american peach" lol

Regardless of this they have a very big issue right now, and i don't think it has nothing to do with foreigners but to how their country is managed. Government reached the lower corruption point available. And people down there are barely alive from what i know, surviving like zombies at times.

It is not a good place to go, or to live
edit on 20-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A quick look at Brazilian sources shows that almost all people were killed with shots to the head, and that a party was going on on that bar. There are several wounded, some under police protection.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A correction: there's only one person wounded.

According to the police that bar is just a front for a place where people go to use drugs.
edit on 20/5/2019 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
A quick look at Brazilian sources shows that almost all people were killed with shots to the head, and that a party was going on on that bar. There are several wounded, some under police protection.
that's sad. my condolences to those affected

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of this. Tragic.

Glad that things worked out that way for you. I have heard of such things happening to male and female tourists in countries like Brazil. Scary stuff. Some people are truly soulless.

top topics

join