It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My reason to walk away

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I didnt even walk away, I just woke up one day and they told me I was now a Natzi...

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Future ATS rants have been warned

Since the member / OP is never the topic here, nor allowed to be the topic here for what should be obvious reasons to a person with intact critical thinking skills, are you not just exhibiting your own arrogance and pretentiousness. Of course you are.

Look at me, I'm better than you, you need to do things my way. Is that not what you are saying?

All I ask for is one simple added step of what one plans to do about it while ranting on ATS... nothing more/nothing less.

Is it your place here to define for others what they should post or not post? Let's let people create their own threads in their own way and not mess up peoples threads with off topic criticisms directed at them personally; how about that? You know, common civility.

Are you even aware of how rude you come across?

My initial post was a psychological test, the OP took my comments to the side of their choosing, and here we are. Had the OP stopped for a second, analyzed their view points to live in and around ATS ranting in general, then my posts would likely not align with such simple measures as is shown now.

That level of arrogance is quite telling.

It's not enough in these difficult times to treat people as we ourselves wish to be treated. These difficult times require the added efforts of treating each and every other person how we wish for OUR CHILDREN to be treated.

That kind of says it all, only it speaks to you, not the topic of the thread. We members here are not your children, nor is your style adult in nature. The term "snotty brat" comes to mind and your level of condescension is off-putting to put it mildly.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: Nothin

Thanks for the vote of confidence... it's much appreciated on this isolated island of thought that I reside on.

In me lives a strong desire to be wrong... I find it to be an easier path to learn from as it allows a bit of empathy to creep in so I can possibly look at new learning from new and different angles.

I kind of agree with you about the rant section here, so my common first step with these rants is to ask 'what is the plan of action going forward'. My input was to serve as 'dipping the toes in the water' before diving into the deep end per se.

Now once it was shown that my blanket statements about ATS ranting were taken as personal blows, it hinted to me that this debate still belongs in the kiddie pool. If base concepts about the topic of ranting are absorbed to be relevant to other readers absorption, then my concepts of proposing a forward action of concerns becomes more relevant.

Psychology studies indicate that ranting is extremely healthy and necessary when the consequences of ignoring concerns are of grave consequences. Left, right, blue, red, or identity politics and belief structures are not life and death matters in my opinion. In fact, my opinions reflect that the common rants pushing identity politics to be life and death decisions are one of the primary blockers of ANY debates going deeper... we need debate swimmie's I feel.

If I call ranting OP's out in the future for similar perceived concerns, the OP stops for a second, analyzes base concepts, and replies that they will reflect further on my opinions then my 'plan of action' will hae been successful. If OP's get upset at what I am offering as a base concept outside of the fine tuned concerns, and replies that I am personally insulting them then it indicates to me that the fine tuned debates of concern at the time are not ready for deeper thoughts and reflections. In nearly every one of these ATS rants, my base concepts are taken personally. The votes of support in and around the so called identity marker are a clear indication that one can't even make base opinions without it being absorbed as a personal blow to preconceived identities.

Welcome to my world of being a loner opinion martyr, where I question everything and answer nothing. Future ATS rants have been warned as my plan of actions towards identity crisis' have been put into full effect, and will move forward with full force. If OP rants leave a proposed course of action in their rants, then I will dive as deep as I can... and will actually thank the ranter for offering their plan of action towards their concerns.

I got my debate swimmie's on. Who's ready to learn the basics with me?

Do ya figure it's a floating island, or is it rooted to the Earth's crust?

You desire to be wrong? But... But... But...
You already have all that you desire!
We're all wrong! Quite often. Maybe some more than most, but so what?
Your provacativity has been glimpsed good Sir.

So: will you exit the kiddie-pool with the dancing shadows, and enter the adult hot-tub, where BS doesn't pass?
No need for swimmies.

Your will to 'call-out' OPers on their rants may indeed come from a place of deep respect and honor: but, as you have seen, these intentions are not usually received, as well as we intend.

Are you willing, to perhaps modify your methods, to achieve greater receptibility?
edit on 20-5-2019 by Nothin because: sp

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Refutations?

Excuse me, but you are comparing your ideas against Marx?

Sorry to say ask, but have you been published and have entire economies and empires built upon your name?

Admit it, you cannot rebut the foundations of Marx's ideas because you don't know them. And you cannot refute them to the core beyond his forced propaganda piece.
Listen, I get it, you're a capitalist to the bone, you'd work your employees into slavery from your rhetoric of unidentified wealth of blockchain and automation.

But you clearly have no idea that Marx was bringing forth the foundation of human dignity within a capitalist model.

Ignorant.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I didnt even walk away, I just woke up one day and they told me I was now a Natzi...

Quoted for truth.

You and so many others woke up to this one day. I did too.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right,
here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you

Welcome to the Moderate Club. Where Liberals think you're Conservative, and Conservatives think you're Liberal. And both are wrong.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

clear, and well known. What is your actual rebuttal beyond the fact it was an economic and political tool used by dictators. edit on 20-5-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

Well
Probably it would help if Marxism actually made economies stronger rather than just take what Capitalism and enterprising individuals create and redistribute it to others they arbitrarily deem
Worthy to receive it. The fact that dictators and despots use Marxism as a tool is telling.
edit on 20-5-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'm in the same boat as you, more or less. I was never big on Leftism, rarely voted, but yet generally saw them as the good guys (or less bad ones.) The unimaginable insanity I am seeing in the Democratic party (and the denial of it even here in Canada) makes me feel the same as what you lay out. I am left to wonder was it always this bad but I never saw it before, or is it really just getting a whole lot worse than ever before?

But really, how did the U.S. go from JFK to Bill Clinton? Or worse yet, Obama? From informing the public about a mass conspiracy and being assassinated for opposing it to looking the public in the eye and laughing at the idea of a major conspiracy in America? From trying to open the public's minds to telling them to ignore all the "conspiracy nuts?" From law and order to dissolving the national border and embracing lawlessness? WTF??
edit on 21-5-2019 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Who cares? Lol let them argue love yourself spread the love and positive vibes and stop worrying about things you shouldn’t it’s their problems not yours

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I honestly do not know what happened to the left that made them a bunch of authoritarian and puritanical religious conservatives

You actually wrote that with a straight face didn't you? So it's the American left that are forcing their puritanical religious views on women who want to have choices in their lives?

Your post will get a lot of stars on here, but that really is down to what the political threads on ATS have sunk to

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Infanticide isn't a choice.

But you do you boo boo.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Infanticide isn't a choice.

But you do you boo boo.

If you are going to deflect, please make the effort and write something that makes sense.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Why would I put in effort to address you?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I prefer to think I judged by the table of contents.

It's just my choice of action to urge ATS ranting to add more proposed action while sharing concerns, instead of them falling short by being petitions.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

People don't HAVE to have a personal action... it's simply a suggestion of how to improve ranting in general.

I endorse a proposed SELF action while ranting when not dealing with life & death scenarios... that is far from being MY needs.

Others aren't going to fix our problems... it's each of our own actions that heal our personal concerns.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That thread is from December of last year. It just took a half a year to begin practicing what I preach. Instant change is not my desire here... it's the desire that begs ranters to just do a little bit more themselves in exchange for what others can,can't, or won't do for another.

Your kind of questioning just feeds my points. You could have clicked the little icon under my name, used my past threads as a small bit of effort or action, yet the part that one does for themselves was skipped right over to create this post.

Trust me... this long winded typing is not fun for me.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I am warming up to being the ATS rant opinion martyr... with an actual desire to be wrong.

May these opinions of mine be received as they will... at least I am acting on where my beliefs stand, which is at least one step outside of the stall these common ATS rants are at. Apparently step one is sensitivity training... please show me the door to that place, since my ignorance levels are so high.

At least I am here defending my actions, answering each reply one by one... learning as I go. If I ignored, aka ignorance, such actions readers may find that I lived in lack of action OP Rantville.

Will I learn from all of these rebuttals and comments that made someone elses woe's my thread? Sure I will. Will I remember this thread when I comment in the next rant? Sure I will. Will readers ever read an OP rant by me without any proposed course of action displayed with concerns? Hell no... because it sucks to read that people don't even want change... for themselves or others.

Fighting fire with fire is the approach of mine. My style of debate is to reciprocate. If particular styles by me are absorbed in any particular way, more times than not, I am simply reciprocating what has been put at my feet.

It's my sense of perception that my actions way down the line of OP display should remain the focus. Passing the buck of action down the line to respondents is the primary premise of my initial input here anyway. Be it right or wrong, running and hiding in corners of rant without a proposed course of action will be in the same place they reside now... externally caused, rather than internally.

Maybe that's the reasoning that no plan of actions ever get taken? People are so afraid of upsetting a child prior to offering any thoughts of what a child or children may NEED to hear, is that it? At any course, the inability for people to feel any sense of vulnerabilities is becoming more and more apparent as time goes.

Please, come join me on this Lepar island of tough love I reside on! Don't worry... you won't catch my ignorance koodies if you listen to me or hug me. Lepars need loving too you know...

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

This is a full on Leper Island I am living on it seems. There's an extreme personal desire to be accepted amongst the vulnerability herd immunity that thrives vibrantly on the main land... the common citizen just has no idea how to cure my disease, nor do I.

Sincerely, being wrong in my life is one of my greatest joys. Not only has it enabled me to learn at rates of which did not occur prior to my conscious state programming dictations at such high and common levels, but it's been found that it's the practice of empathy towards others that turns that 'learning' switch on.

Learning is what one does for themselves... education is what another does for us...

It surely may be that I am an odd one without doubt, but I am human just like the rest of us here. The paths of mental and spiritual exploration will certainly find that I fail and am wrong in the not so distant future. At those times, such as learning how to approach this war vs. ATS ranting I've embarked on, I will lick my wounds, shed a few tears and reflect on the pain it caused, develop a course of action that may keep me safer upon climbing to new heights, then strap on my boots and go again. Rain, wash, and repeat... over and over again until this vessel expires.

Not only am I willing to modify my methods, but I am capable of doing so. All with a full on understanding that I can't do this on my own... we NEED each other more than ever in these difficult times. It is merely my wish that those that need a trail to follow start to learn to cut their own path, while those that cut new paths and leave trails call me out on my wrongs.

As it pertains to ATS ranting, I will certainly try to alter my methods. Rather than trap OP's into base concepts, I will indicate that I am doing so openly from now on... that's where I will start. Right or wrong, movement will occur by me and I will type to fight another day. Not only that, but if a rant indicates any level of empathy or self involvement in OP's I pledge to stop and thank the OP for positive contributions... then carry on to share what my thoughts on the concern of specifics are.

As time goes forward and my comments in rants trend towards being positively reinforced as opposed to being bombarded with my woes within another's rant starts to occur or if others call for missing action at a higher clip... well, it just may drop a few Leper laced tears on my end. Whether it be a harsh or smooth ride, the unification of ALL starts with I.

I sincerely thank you, Nothin! Please... please continue to call me out on where I could improve and be wrong. Mentor(s) that specialize in mental Leprosy are in short supply, and extinction is on the not so distant horizon.

edit on 21-5-2019 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Propriety is a sign of emotional maturity. Lack of it is a sign of the opposite.

Any debate style that leaves the topic behind is a fail. You should start there on your journey.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

So, the common ATS rant chooses to debate in the streams of consequence, while I endorse the streams of cause... it's not too difficult of a premise. Not only that, but I refrained from group identity markers while doing so. I simply asked what the proposed course of action is with all of these ATS rants is... then responses to my comments derailed the topic. If base concepts of thought and reflection are taking as personal insults, how am I to be in control of that? If one wishes to rant off with only full approval ratings being found at completion, then more times then not, the talking in circles will repeat itself. I've been saying from the beginning that the TOPIC is fine... it's only missing a key ingredient to be able to rectify concerns of both self and debate standards.

Pulling intricate details of debate down to a level of base concepts is not only a good thing, it's missing from the common ATS debate. If my style of debate breaks T&C standards, then remove my posts. This is the path I chose, and I am practicing what I preach.

Sure... there's a whole lot for me, even in this thread, for me to learn and grow from. Is it really viewed by you that my practices of action here are causing rants to falter though? Finger pointing without self analyzing proposed actions while doing so only speaks to the level of OP maturities if you ask me... of which could be improved simply by offering ANY bit of recourse based around concerns. Is it that begger's can be choosers too this whole time?

As I stated in a recent post, from now on I will indicate out and in the open when I am testing one's standards of debate, rather than use it as a test of abilities to put action to words. Maturity is a practice, and it takes action to grow or reduce it. The judgement of where I've been doesn't burn me quite like it does the common ATS rant. It's where I'm headed and the actions while doing so that I'm focused on... not how my past is judged. All ATS rants will include my passer by opinions from now on... that's one thing you can bet on.

In knowing that I won't stop, when others lose their cool about base opinions as shows to be a near certainty, will it be my maturity levels based around their incomplete rant then too?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join