It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - You are the biggest threat to world peace

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out when we ever had world peace.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
War is good for business. It's capitalism...you got a problem with that?
edit on 19-5-2019 by olaru12 because: brenda cio...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: infolurker

I think if we just went total isolationist for about 20 years or so there would be some prime real estate open for grabs after.

I vote for a nice Disney-themed memorial park where England once was.

That should include not responding with aid and food during natural disasters around the world as well then, right? After all, if, as the OP claims, the U.S. is such a danger to the world, then why would the world want the U.S. help during tsunami's, earthquakes, storms, famine, drought, etc....

How many worldwide would die if the U.S. withheld all that it does and gives during those times?

The fact the you think more than a fraction, if that, really goes for "aid and food" shows your ignorance. Aid and charities are a back door opening to conquer.You want aid? It will come at a cost. Once it is all over watch how many contractors and corporations then remain in the wake.
edit on 19-5-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
World peace is a fantasy that only exists in fiction novels.

Not only is it unrealistic, it's unattainable and unsustainable. The naturals laws of the universe will simply not allow it.

That's not to say we should be bombing each other and going to war, but this perfect utopian future where there is no pain and suffering is an incredibly naive notion.

edit on 19-5-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm still trying to figure out when we ever had world peace.

Before man lol.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Hitler wouldn't had went after Russia if the Americans did not join in to pressure his timeline.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah Yeah Yeah,

Let's see how "peaceful" the world would be if we picked up our toys and went home.

+1

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
War is good for business. It's capitalism...you got a problem with that?

Actually it's s plutocracy.
Please try and keep up.

If we were a true capitalist nation the citizens would have a say in regards to Americas corporate and military interests. But as it stands lobbiest's, corrupt politicians, and unelected overlords call the shots now.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
World peace is a fantasy that only exists in fiction novels.

Not only is it unrealistic, it's unattainable and unsustainable. The naturals laws of the universe will simply not allow it.

That's not to say we should be bombing each other and going to war, but this perfect utopian future where there is no pain and suffering is an incredibly naive notion.

It is because we are not living by natures laws and "natural law" as to why things are the way they are. The Universe isn't "just like this". Come on man.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
America the biggest threat to world peace? In the last 3,400 years, the world and human civilization has seen only 8% of that time in peace, approximately 265 years of peace out of 3,400.

The worlds been on fire since the dawn of man. And America is the biggest threat to world peace? No...America just makes war look easy. If America became isolationist again and left all their military bases...Do you think the world would say, "finally, we can all live in peace and have no more wars."

Here's what WOULD happen if we did such a thing. Nuclear war.

N.Korea would bomb S.Korea/Japan considering no one is there to protect them anymore.
Russia can have free reign to take control over the entirety of Europe, unleashing ANOTHER nuclear war between France/Britain-Russia.
Pakistan, India or China would probably feel compelled at some point to use nuclear weapons over the conflict in Kashmir because who would stop them?
Genocide and famine would continue 10 fold in Africa.
The middle east would also erupt in a war of attrition with the Sauds and Iranians battling it out since the Americans pulled out.

So tell me, you really think America is the biggest threat to world peace? Because it seems the ONLY reason we have any world peace or a current status quo, is BECAUSE of America.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Georgia guide stone believer huh?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

LOL the lack of thorough understanding of world affairs is pretty hilarious.

It is not the US who stands in the way of peace. Just like it's not israel who stands in the way of peace. I'm reminded of this quote:

If palestinians threw down their weapons tomorrow, there would be peace. If Israel threw down their weapons tomorrow there would be genocide.

The same can be said for the world. Now, the funny thing is, because of the US economy as well as the 2nd amendment, there likely wouldn't be genocide against the US should we lay down our weapons. However there would be genocide against a number of nations. The baltic states come to mind, as well as a few asian states. The only country not directly intertwined with the US economy with the possible means to perform any real warfare *might be* north korea. But I doubt them very much. Especially considering the chinese pull kim's strings.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The laws of nature are the strong eat the weak. So I guess you're for imperialism? Since the US is strong, we should make a world wide empire, right?
edit on 19-5-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The universe will always rule whether we want it to or not.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: putnam6

The check?

Last I looked the CIA playbook has been to use cash and weapons for their crony politicians to rise to power and bring in friendly co-operation for US industry.

Are you really trying to spin that the US stands in the corner square of other countries giving cash aid to its ordinary citizens?

Give me a break.

LOL give me a break got any idea how foreign aid works, the damn CIA doesn't have its nose in every country either LOL paranoid much. Besides if the CIA is there likely other foreign entities are already there too. Sorta like you guys are going to be so worried about America that China is going to buy your ass out from under you, and then what happens, your peace-loving leaders will come crying to Washington DC.

They do spend billions that go to the duly and legally recognized governments of those countries. Once it gets on the ground what are they supposed to do? they count on all those peace-loving leaders to distribute it as needed. Like in Somalia, that was one of the basic points. Aid wasn't getting to the people that needed it, yet when the US tries to get it where it needs to go they get attacked locally. How do propose they get those funds directly to the people, bypassing their governments? LOL mail them individual supplies and monies. That's the point the rest of the world is mostly crooked in its own right, especially when it can tap into billions in supplies and monies. So again how do the insure monies get to those in need?

We don't live in a perfect world....

I did hear about it, actually, but I'm not an American and my media isn't as 'filtered' as yours.

Piracy made a strong comeback in Somalia in 2017

Classic hand wringing over reactionary BS in this instance

Washington (CNN)The US is sending "dozens" of additional troops to Somalia to train and equip the Somali National Army and the forces participating in the African Union Mission in Somalia there.

A US military official told CNN that the new contingent would consist of about 40 soldiers.
In an email to CNN, Charles Chuck Prichard, a spokesperson for US Africa Command, confirmed the deployment Friday, saying that the deployment of "a few dozen troops from the 101st Airborne Division" came "at the request and in close coordination with" the government of Somalia.
"The objective of this particular train and equip mission is to improve the logistical capacity of the Somali National Army and the focus will be on teaching basic logistics operations, which will allow Somalia forces to better fight al Shabaab," the spokesman added.
The US troops will join the small number of US special operations forces already there providing counterterrorism support to local forces battling the local al Qaeda affiliate, al Shabaab. That advisory mission has been underway for several years.
The US military official added that there are approximately 50 counterterrorism advisers already in Somalia as part of the ongoing mission.
The deployment was first reported by Voice of America.
President Donald Trump last month granted additional authority to US Africa Command to conduct counterterrorism airstrikes against the terror group..
But Africa Command made it clear that there was no link between the two.
"It should be noted that this training was planned long before President Trump issued updated authorities related to Somalia," the spokesperson added.
The president of Somalia, Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmaajo (center), receives a guard of honor during a ceremony to mark the 57th Anniversary of the Somali National Army held at the Ministry of Defense in Mogadishu on Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
The president of Somalia, Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmaajo (center), receives a guard of honor during a ceremony to mark the 57th Anniversary of the Somali National Army held at the Ministry of Defense in Mogadishu on Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
The new training effort comes as US military leaders see new opportunities to work with Somalia's newly elected president, Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo, a dual US-Somali citizen who has embarked on a series of aggressive military reforms amid an ongoing al Shabaab bombing campaign that has repeatedly struck the capital, Mogadishu.
"With the new government there, President Farmajo, we have an opportunity here to move forward," Gen. Thomas Waldhauser, the commander of Africa Command told reporters at the Pentagon last month.
"We have a great opportunity to work with him, and we look forward to continuing our counterterrorism part," Waldhauser added.

So, the US spends $110.28 million on 40 soldiers?

Or is it just a big arms deal that's actually going on?

Its 2019 in my world lol, and if you dont think American media would be all over an increase to blame on Trump I don't know what to tell you. LOL not a fan of him but he gets blamed for everything LOL.

IMB: Gulf of Guinea Led the World for Piracy in 2018

Live IMB Piracy & Armed Robbery Map 2019 - International Maritime Bureau

So, 2017 (my previous post on this), 2018 & 2019. Did I leave anything out?

And you forget that the biggest reduction in number of attacks happened between 2011 and 2015. That was under Obama, wasn't it? The resurgence of piracy was what was under Trump.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Hitler wouldn't had went after Russia if the Americans did not join in to pressure his timeline.

Correction.

Hitler invaded The Soviet Union 5 months before The U.S. entered WW II.

Two days before Pearl Harbour, Nazi Germany began it's retreat from The Soviet Union. It was all over for The Nazi's.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The period of American hegemony is correlated with the drop in extreme poverty and war.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

America - You are the biggest threat to world peace

AIPAC = YES
ZIONIST = YES
ISRAEL = YES
Saudi Arabia = YES (lowkey)

USA? NOPE!

US is just a muscle. USA is their b*tch.
edit on 19-5-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Like weapons are the cause of violence.
Thousands of years of human violence has taught us a thing or two.
Be it a rock or a laser guided missile, mankind is a brutal beast.

Like weapons have ANY other purpose.

Will you answer this to yourself or just pretend it isn't so?

How many of those guns pull it's own trigger? Will your 12 Gauge Shotgun hop up and shoot someone for you?

Do those planes with bombs take off without any help and fly themselves?

So those suicide bombers just spontaneously combust or do they build something to kill others with our without aid from the Mullah?

Or do people wanting to kill , kill with anything they can?

10 out of 10 psychopathic mass murderers prefer real weapons to killing with fresh fruit.

Yet 10 out of 10 will kill anyway.

That is the facts.

A bad guy with a gun is stopped by a good guy without one, how many times in the news so far?

Might can say one when the Synagogue in Cali was assaulted and a man without a gun made the guy run and chased him back to his car.

How about those gay people in FL Night club, no one had a weapon but him.

Knives are used in China and they want to ban knives. Cars kill more and we don't ban cars.

America arms both sides. The good and the bad guys.

This pretty much ensures that someone will get shot. Zero harm reduction in that policy.

Since the bad guy usually has his gun up, armed and aimed before the good guy is yet aware of it, the advantage always goes to the bad guy.

For every story where a good guy stops a bad guy with a gun, there are thousands where someone unarmed is shot by an offender.

Then there are the tens of thousands more that shoot themselves.

The situation of defending personal liberty against oppressive governments, through the use of personal arms is total fantasy. The reasoning behind the 2nd amendment is a lie. If you opposed government with a gun, you'd be dead in a blink. Waco & Ruby Ridge are prime examples. And afterwards Faux News would speak of "Brave officer takes down crazed gunman" or similar. You know this is true.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

America….you are the biggest threat to world peace

While I don't have the patriotic hard on so many rock here for the USA, saying America is the biggest threat to peace is hyperbolic at best. Personally I give that award to the Abrahamic religions, with Islam at the peak.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join