It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - You are the biggest threat to world peace

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Raggedyman

And like clockwork you wade in over your head with name calling as a rebuttal.

The playground is outside your basement - you're sorely missed.

Tic Toc, how about you justify your opinion piece, then it wouldn’t just be a pointless rant from some upset Labor supporter who lost an election

Or do you sincerely think that if the US hadn’t stepped in so many time over the last 100 odd years we would have achieved world peace now

Ike clockwork I will ask for evidence, ask you list your issues

Are the US a pawn in the NWO, of course, who isn’t, even you play your part

At the very least, there'd be a few less banana republics had we left well enough alone down south, and the ME would be substantially more stable if we'd left the Iron Fists that kept it stable alone. Can't say we saved many lives, when all we did was let IS rise out of aftermath of Dubya's little war on Iraq.
Dollars to donuts that if anyone can find hard numbers from both regimes AND our intervention death tolls in hard numbers, that if extrapolated, the regimes' would still have offed less people than we did if they were still there today. Just because we didn't like how they kept house doesn't mean they weren't doing something right. And we f# it all up.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: putnam6

a reply to: putnam6

The check?

Last I looked the CIA playbook has been to use cash and weapons for their crony politicians to rise to power and bring in friendly co-operation for US industry.

Are you really trying to spin that the US stands in the corner square of other countries giving cash aid to its ordinary citizens?

Give me a break.

LOL give me a break got any idea how foreign aid works, the damn CIA doesn't have its nose in every country either LOL paranoid much. Besides if the CIA is there likely other foreign entities are already there too. Sorta like you guys are going to be so worried about America that China is going to buy your ass out from under you, and then what happens, your peace-loving leaders will come crying to Washington DC.

They do spend billions that go to the duly and legally recognized governments of those countries. Once it gets on the ground what are they supposed to do? they count on all those peace-loving leaders to distribute it as needed. Like in Somalia, that was one of the basic points. Aid wasn't getting to the people that needed it, yet when the US tries to get it where it needs to go they get attacked locally. How do propose they get those funds directly to the people, bypassing their governments? LOL mail them individual supplies and monies. That's the point the rest of the world is mostly crooked in its own right, especially when it can tap into billions in supplies and monies. So again how do the insure monies get to those in need?

We don't live in a perfect world....

OK, take Somalia for instance, you give the country some token foreign aid (hey, you can afford it) then you charge that the aid isn't getting to the poor people who need it.

Lets break it down:
- Environmental aid (they just had a drought) $4.13 million.
- Education & social services $8 million.
- Democracy, human rights and governance (euphemism for police) $18.94 million.
- Economic development $20.57 million.
- Peace and security (euphemism for military aid) $110.28 million.

Now ask yourself, which heading is the food aid for helping the people who are drought and famine stricken? Yup, you guessed it, the $4.13 million one. Where is the actual clear and present need for aid? The one that gets the least and the one that they will claim (probably rightly) isn't getting to the people in need.

So the US gets to send in the troops and control a sovereign country by proxy. A country with a GDP of $7.369 billion. All for the sweet price of just under $52 million (with the military aid bit removed).

See, I know how aid works!

Foreign Assistance in Somalia by Category - foreignassistance.gov

Why The U.S. Ranks At The Bottom In A Foreign Aid Index - NPR

Oh noes!! US sends dozens of troops to Somalia they are gonna take over LOL But guess what you dont hear about as much any more Somalia pirates wonder why that is.

Classic hand wringing over reactionary BS in this instance

Washington (CNN)The US is sending "dozens" of additional troops to Somalia to train and equip the Somali National Army and the forces participating in the African Union Mission in Somalia there.

A US military official told CNN that the new contingent would consist of about 40 soldiers.
In an email to CNN, Charles Chuck Prichard, a spokesperson for US Africa Command, confirmed the deployment Friday, saying that the deployment of "a few dozen troops from the 101st Airborne Division" came "at the request and in close coordination with" the government of Somalia.
"The objective of this particular train and equip mission is to improve the logistical capacity of the Somali National Army and the focus will be on teaching basic logistics operations, which will allow Somalia forces to better fight al Shabaab," the spokesman added.
The US troops will join the small number of US special operations forces already there providing counterterrorism support to local forces battling the local al Qaeda affiliate, al Shabaab. That advisory mission has been underway for several years.
The US military official added that there are approximately 50 counterterrorism advisers already in Somalia as part of the ongoing mission.
The deployment was first reported by Voice of America.
President Donald Trump last month granted additional authority to US Africa Command to conduct counterterrorism airstrikes against the terror group..
But Africa Command made it clear that there was no link between the two.
"It should be noted that this training was planned long before President Trump issued updated authorities related to Somalia," the spokesperson added.
The president of Somalia, Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmaajo (center), receives a guard of honor during a ceremony to mark the 57th Anniversary of the Somali National Army held at the Ministry of Defense in Mogadishu on Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
The president of Somalia, Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmaajo (center), receives a guard of honor during a ceremony to mark the 57th Anniversary of the Somali National Army held at the Ministry of Defense in Mogadishu on Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
The new training effort comes as US military leaders see new opportunities to work with Somalia's newly elected president, Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo, a dual US-Somali citizen who has embarked on a series of aggressive military reforms amid an ongoing al Shabaab bombing campaign that has repeatedly struck the capital, Mogadishu.
"With the new government there, President Farmajo, we have an opportunity here to move forward," Gen. Thomas Waldhauser, the commander of Africa Command told reporters at the Pentagon last month.
"We have a great opportunity to work with him, and we look forward to continuing our counterterrorism part," Waldhauser added.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The check?

Last I looked the CIA playbook has been to use cash and weapons for their crony politicians to rise to power and bring in friendly co-operation for US industry.

Are you really trying to spin that the US stands in the corner square of other countries giving cash aid to its ordinary citizens?

Give me a break.

LOL give me a break got any idea how foreign aid works, the damn CIA doesn't have its nose in every country either LOL paranoid much. Besides if the CIA is there likely other foreign entities are already there too. Sorta like you guys are going to be so worried about America that China is going to buy your ass out from under you, and then what happens, your peace-loving leaders will come crying to Washington DC.

They do spend billions that go to the duly and legally recognized governments of those countries. Once it gets on the ground what are they supposed to do? they count on all those peace-loving leaders to distribute it as needed. Like in Somalia, that was one of the basic points. Aid wasn't getting to the people that needed it, yet when the US tries to get it where it needs to go they get attacked locally. How do propose they get those funds directly to the people, bypassing their governments? LOL mail them individual supplies and monies. That's the point the rest of the world is mostly crooked in its own right, especially when it can tap into billions in supplies and monies. So again how do the insure monies get to those in need?

OK, take Somalia for instance, you give the country some token foreign aid (hey, you can afford it) then you charge that the aid isn't getting to the poor people who need it.

Lets break it down:

Now ask yourself, which heading is the food aid for helping the people who are drought and famine stricken? Yup, you guessed it, the $4.13 million one. Where is the actual clear and present need for aid? The one that gets the least and the one that they will claim (probably rightly) isn't getting to the people in need.

So the US gets to send in the troops and control a sovereign country by proxy. A country with a GDP of $7.369 billion. All for the sweet price of just under $52 million (with the military aid bit removed).

Oh noes!! US sends dozens of troops to Somalia they are gonna take over LOL But guess what you dont hear about as much any more Somalia pirates wonder why that is.

I did hear about it, actually, but I'm not an American and my media isn't as 'filtered' as yours.

Piracy made a strong comeback in Somalia in 2017

Washington (CNN)The US is sending "dozens" of additional troops to Somalia to train and equip the Somali National Army and the forces participating in the African Union Mission in Somalia there.

A US military official told CNN that the new contingent would consist of about 40 soldiers.
In an email to CNN, Charles Chuck Prichard, a spokesperson for US Africa Command, confirmed the deployment Friday, saying that the deployment of "a few dozen troops from the 101st Airborne Division" came "at the request and in close coordination with" the government of Somalia.
"The objective of this particular train and equip mission is to improve the logistical capacity of the Somali National Army and the focus will be on teaching basic logistics operations, which will allow Somalia forces to better fight al Shabaab," the spokesman added.
The US troops will join the small number of US special operations forces already there providing counterterrorism support to local forces battling the local al Qaeda affiliate, al Shabaab. That advisory mission has been underway for several years.
The US military official added that there are approximately 50 counterterrorism advisers already in Somalia as part of the ongoing mission.
President Donald Trump last month granted additional authority to US Africa Command to conduct counterterrorism airstrikes against the terror group..
"It should be noted that this training was planned long before President Trump issued updated authorities related to Somalia," the spokesperson added.
The new training effort comes as US military leaders see new opportunities to work with Somalia's newly elected president, Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo, a dual US-Somali citizen who has embarked on a series of aggressive military reforms amid an ongoing al Shabaab bombing campaign that has repeatedly struck the capital, Mogadishu.
"With the new government there, President Farmajo, we have an opportunity here to move forward," Gen. Thomas Waldhauser, the commander of Africa Command told reporters at the Pentagon last month.
"We have a great opportunity to work with him, and we look forward to continuing our counterterrorism part," Waldhauser added.

So, the US spends $110.28 million on 40 soldiers?

Or is it just a big arms deal that's actually going on?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Will you ever be dragged kicking and screaming before any world courts to be held accountable for the wanton destruction and countless deaths?

I think we all know the answer to that one , The Hague is for minnows not sharks.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Sadly I beleive you are mistaken . Now I am not dumb enough to listen to Saudis saying Iran sabotaged 2 of their oil tankers with out spilling a drop and that Yemen and Iran hit Saudi oil pipelines no . If Iran wanted to mess with Saudi tankers I am pretty sure they would either be burnt wrecks sitting on bottom of sea or docked in an Iranian port being reflected as Iranian tankers. Saudis are constantly trying to get others to wage war on their behalf . They both are well armed I say let them fight.
Their are a lot more threats out their to world peace than USA here is some of top of me head.

Saudi Arabia one of the most corrupt regimes on planet major sponsor of state sponsored terrorism. Another thing they do while pumping billions of funds to terrorists they also you propaganda organisations they own such as cair to spread their strife around world.

Pakistan and India have both been skirmishing for years over Kashmir region sadly both countries have nuclear weapons and all it will take is one screw up before things go nuclear which could be very damaging since 2 billion people live in the 2countries
Also Pakistan allowed our enemies in region to hide in their country and if Saudis struck the right bargain Pakistan might give them some nukes to give to their friends in Isis or alameda.

North Korea as a threat has diminished grewatly after the nuclear program suffered a catastrophe a few years ago .

China has some sort of plans in South China sea its why they constructing islands in international water but as long as we buy most of their crappy products we will be on friendly terms plus a lot of their hog production is in America and they love pork

Eu as a group not much of a threat its to hard to get them to agree on anything.

Mexico country is rife with corruption with large parts of country controlled exclusively by drug cartels.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

hehe minnows

reminds me of..

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Mistaken - what part?

America doesn't create fake narratives to justify invasions?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The check?

Give me a break.

Lets break it down:

I did hear about it, actually, but I'm not an American and my media isn't as 'filtered' as yours.

Piracy made a strong comeback in Somalia in 2017

So, the US spends $110.28 million on 40 soldiers?

Or is it just a big arms deal that's actually going on?

Its 2019 in my world lol, and if you dont think American media would be all over an increase to blame on Trump I don't know what to tell you. LOL not a fan of him but he gets blamed for everything LOL.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: Raggedyman

And like clockwork you wade in over your head with name calling as a rebuttal.

The playground is outside your basement - you're sorely missed.

Tic Toc, how about you justify your opinion piece, then it wouldn’t just be a pointless rant from some upset Labor supporter who lost an election

Or do you sincerely think that if the US hadn’t stepped in so many time over the last 100 odd years we would have achieved world peace now

Ike clockwork I will ask for evidence, ask you list your issues

Are the US a pawn in the NWO, of course, who isn’t, even you play your part

At the very least, there'd be a few less banana republics had we left well enough alone down south, and the ME would be substantially more stable if we'd left the Iron Fists that kept it stable alone. Can't say we saved many lives, when all we did was let IS rise out of aftermath of Dubya's little war on Iraq.
Dollars to donuts that if anyone can find hard numbers from both regimes AND our intervention death tolls in hard numbers, that if extrapolated, the regimes' would still have offed less people than we did if they were still there today. Just because we didn't like how they kept house doesn't mean they weren't doing something right. And we f# it all up.

ISIS was just a gleam in a madman's eye with Bush but it was fed and nurtured when Obama dumped weapons in Syria trying to force regime change, it was those weapons that ultimately gave ISIS its muscle and start to rampage throughout Syria and Iraq. So much so that Russia was forced to intervene. Remember the timing the Obama administration was fresh from the Arab Spring and regime change was in the air. But in their ignorance and short-sightedness failed to see that sometimes there are dictators because of the populace isn't ready or there are too many factions to give democracy a chance.

LOL increasingly maybe that should be our motto America bring us your tired and huddled masses but read the fine print we aren't exactly for everybody anymore.

edit on 19-5-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah Yeah Yeah,

Let's see how "peaceful" the world would be if we picked up our toys and went home.

OK, I'm ready.

Do it, do it, do it, DO IT!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: chr0naut

Like weapons are the cause of violence.
Thousands of years of human violence has taught us a thing or two.
Be it a rock or a laser guided missile, mankind is a brutal beast.

Like weapons have ANY other purpose.

Will you answer this to yourself or just pretend it isn't so?

How many of those guns pull it's own trigger? Will your 12 Gauge Shotgun hop up and shoot someone for you?

Do those planes with bombs take off without any help and fly themselves?

So those suicide bombers just spontaneously combust or do they build something to kill others with our without aid from the Mullah?

Or do people wanting to kill , kill with anything they can?

10 out of 10 psychopathic mass murderers prefer real weapons to killing with fresh fruit.

Yet 10 out of 10 will kill anyway.

That is the facts.

A bad guy with a gun is stopped by a good guy without one, how many times in the news so far?

Might can say one when the Synagogue in Cali was assaulted and a man without a gun made the guy run and chased him back to his car.

How about those gay people in FL Night club, no one had a weapon but him.

Knives are used in China and they want to ban knives. Cars kill more and we don't ban cars.
edit on 19-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

a reply to: proteus33

Mistaken - what part?

America doesn't create fake narratives to justify invasions?

Name one

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Aa reply to: Nyiah

The US would be a banana republic if they didn’t extort a bit of wealth from here and there. Afghanistan was a mineral grab not a war

We won’t pretend that the US are altruists, they make money not give it away

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

WMDs - Nigerian yellowcake - Colin Powell at the UN?

I can name more

www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

WMDs - Nigerian yellowcake - Colin Powell at the UN?

I can name more

www.theguardian.com...

Receipts meant nothing?

We had some things we know were there so, pffft on that false narrative there.

Ask a Kurd what they think.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nobody has to pose a threat, they simply need to serve our interests. As a spoiled American, I enjoy the luxury that my government's protection racket foreign policy grants us access too. I mean they go after the strategic resources like petrol, water, minerals, transit points etc.. , but we still real the benefits of having access to new markets and all the luxury goods, or useless junk they have to offer. We all have both that is at least partially sourced in some former quagmire become productive free society. Plus, the bombs blow up somewhere else and not on our land. That's a big plus in my book. 👈👍

Not to mention, we are mostly well fed, well drugged, and hypnotized by weaponized signals. While we really appreciate the appeal to our sense of obligation or whatever, we all just going to continue paying our taxes and piling the debt for generations to come. Kids can adapt to whatever era they are born into, that's how survival works.

But hey, once Iran comes to it's senses and joins our system, the middle East will be kept in order not by us,. UT Turkey, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. See, that's someone else managing things, not us. Got to give us a few points for that.

-a really $hitti 'murican

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Please...
Humanity is the reason their is no peace. How long has America existed? 200 years? Before then the whole world was perfect right?
Go home and keep your finger pointing to yourself.

Humanity is cruel and we all are capable of perform evils. You believe you are different, yet you don't make a difference.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I think we should pack up all our toys and go home and Isolate ourselves completely protected by two oceans and watch the world burn and become dominated by Russia Iran and China. Make an agreement that no matter how much they beg us to return we won't be the police of the world while our allies get all the benefits of our protection.

No more proxy wars, world wars, toppling of governments where our allies are in the shadows but blame us for being the bad guys and but still get all the rewards.

I agree completely NO more propping up our allies, no more naval protection, no more bases for protection.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

That the us is the biggest threat to world peace as yours story claims. This crap between us and Iran is currently being is being manurefactured by Saudis . They no longer wanna compete with them so they are trying to get us to swat Iran for them. As I stated if the Iranians were responsible for attack on the 2 oil tankers they would either be on the bottom of ocean or in port of Iran getting new name and new registry.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

All these comments make the US sound like an abusive husband and the rest of the world is the abused wife.

"you're nothing without me!"

Funny, in any abusive relationship it didnt just happen over night, it was built up and planned by the abuser to control the abused.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join