It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all members! Your help is needed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The Conspiratorinarre.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
the Deny Ignorance Impersonator

dc

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
he leaps on tall buildings of words and protects the people from getting brain washed.ats man strikes again.ats man stops at nothing to report the words of his people lol.......

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Skepterman

or

Overlord.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Skepacimia.

Sorry, reading to many biology books.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Truth finder or
guiding light.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
A name that has nothing to do with the topics discussed here, but contains meaning...

Virgil

or

liberty

[edit on 3-3-2005 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
How about Occam Razor?
(this is not a one line response)

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What about The Denyhilator?

or Igor?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
What about "Truth"

plain and simple

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What is wrong with just calling the action figure Skeptic Overlord? It suits the figure and its meaning to this site

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I agree with Kidfinger. Skeptic Overlord would be perfect! Just don't understand why ya wanna rename him?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
What is wrong with just calling the action figure Skeptic Overlord? It suits the figure and its meaning to this site

That'd be cool with me, but SO might not appreciate his personal "branding" being diluted that way.

It's really cool of him to offer up his creation at all for the community.

Our opportunity of taking ownership of a rally point shouldn't be taken lightly. I was thinking last night this is really the "personification" of ATS or more directly our motto: Deny Ignorance.

So while the name wouldn't have to necessarily mean that or anything at all, it could take it's inspiration accordingly.

Playing with the initials D.I. there's some good opportunities, and all I'm hoping to do here is inspire as all my ideas sucks.

But we could go whimiscal and friendly, or serious and authoritative, or even somewhat mysterious (which I like). Or a combination of all.

I think he's a friendly guy (this D.I. which I'm calling him for now), but one of those idealist superhero characters, full of bravado, but excusably flawed. A little grandiose. But in a likable self depricating way. And with a depth of mystery to him, not readily identifiable. Appreciation should grow over time, if not readily obvious, but there is an initial attraction. This is our personified face after all to the outside world.

My thoughts anyway. And remember we can put this guy on a pedestal now. He's ours. SO gave him to us.

Accordingly, I've been playing with latin phrases that sound like names with hidden meaning. Not to lead anyone but expand your brainstorming.

I'll throw out some of my bad ideas later.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I think he's a friendly guy (this D.I. which I'm calling him for now), but one of those idealist superhero characters, full of bravado, but excusably flawed. A little grandiose. But in a likable self depricating way. And with a depth of mystery to him, not readily identifiable. Appreciation should grow over time, if not readily obvious, but there is an initial attraction. This is our personified face after all to the outside world.

They already have that super hero. He is called The Tick!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I like your idea... DI

If you use the DI we could call him 'D' for short.

It is simple and to the point. It sounds good. It advertises the community. And it gives 'D' a manly nickname.

And a special thank you goes out to Skeptic Overlord for his generous contribution to this site.

[edit on 3/3/2005 by No1nptkulr]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think "The Dark Detective" has that combination of investigatory skills and noir which epitomizes what ATS could be.

Of course, if you wanted to take into account some of the more ... exotic ... people here, you could expand him to something like "Different Dave the Dark Detective", or "Atypical Andrew, the Analytical Alien", or something.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by RANT

They already have that super hero. He is called The Tick!

Good point.
Yeah, they're all kind of like that. That's the archetype I suppose, but let's assume this one is much smarter.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
I think "The Dark Detective" has that combination of investigatory skills and noir which epitomizes what ATS could be.

Yes, but then we'd have to cover up that nifty spandex suit with the required trenchcoat and fedora.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't know for the name, but what i'm sure of is that i am way more muscular than him

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hmmm.....Okay - Since he IS an avatar...and since the meaning of the word avatar can truly be applied to our mission here at ATS, especially given the fact that he's an overbearing figure...

How about "The Avatar of Acumen".....eh....sounds like he'd need a towel on his head or something....

"The Tolerator" perhaps? Got the whole Terminator vibe going there....

"The Prototype" - Join us or die....

"Magnum Opus of ATS" - He's the unstoppable paradigm of ignorance denial!! Dum dum duuuuum!!!

[edit on 3/3/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join