It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop fakes positive drug field test on camera during traffic stop - one bad apple

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: MisterSpock

America.

I mean American Flag.

MAGA g-sting?

Would probably go over well here, since it seems this is an "alt right" forum now. According to all the whiny dems that can't recognize nuance and gobble up MSM talking points. You should throw that up and really get the REEE flowing.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Should be hung in public.

That's pretty extreme, but I have to admit if forced to choose a direction. I'm in favor of more public hangings for anyone in the public service arena's.

Got to send a message after all.

Not extreme at all. Considering general public's trust in law enforcement. A general denial of any claim that a civilian shall make against an LEO... the claim isn't extreme at all.

If an individual can ruin a man based on less than facts but on ignorant public opinion... then said man should be held to the utmost responsibility for their actions...

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Context matters;

Well....you got that going for you.....

I bet your pool is pretty clean too.........

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Might as well be hitler stache g-string.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It's an ool really, we keep it clean. Never any P in it.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Apart from the OP, this entire thread went off topic, and how!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Although he was wrong, he should be given a house in Bel Air for dishonesty .

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: madmac5150

As for the punishment in these situations. I think if you accept the role of being in a position of higher legal power, you should be subjected to a slightly higher level of punishment.

Double the legal minimums when it comes to sentencing? Revocation of their professional licensing?

I know the military has it's own tribunals for many crimes, many that could result in death compared to a similar crime committed by a citizen(vs an officer).

It's the burden you(should) bear when you choose to uphold the law to a higher standard.

My entire Air Force career, we were constantly reminded that we were held to a higher standard... a code of conduct above, and beyond civilians.

Law Enforcement should be held to a much higher standard... fines/sentencing for corruption should be doubled.

Prosecutors and judges convicted of corruption? Triple fines/sentencing, then lifetime banishment to Chicago public housing.

Agreed.

These days the police are just as powerful as the military and should be held to a higher standard. It really should be something that anyone willing to step up to that level of authority should be willing to shoulder.

In a way, "it comes with the territory". Not just the respect(which most of us have for military/law enforcement) but the burden of being in the position of authority.

"...the burden of being in the position of authority."

Understated brilliance...

...probably the most lucid statement ever submitted on ATS.

Is it?

Is it a burden for them.. really?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
What an abhorrent & evil excuse for a human being. Knowing what he knew about the guy then knowing what lies he was concocting, to then stand there to watch the guy & his life fall out of his a*shole & not be moved to rethink his disgusting criminal offending is non human. The dude was crying ffs as he explained his straight & narrow account of himself. Honestly that makes this filthy grub a toxic noxious pest & should be eradicated accordingly. Draw & quarter the scum & play the video to every one of the newbie cadets coming through the academy & *bam* one less thing for the top brass to have to worry about for a long time. C'mon not charged with anything ? What say that guy was struggling with mental health issues to such a point that he thought " No f-ing way am I going back inside" & it triggered something in him to enact suicide by cop or ran out in front of the next 18 wheeler hiking past ?
That 1 despicable act had/has the potential to effect so many innocent lives & must be viewed with such disdain as that of kiddy fiddlers but we have spineless grubs up the chain that conceal/hide/ignore this. Man this crap p*sses me off !!!!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

He should serve jail time equal to double all the illegal arrests' jail times.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

When they are doing it right.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I've been saying this exact thing for years. If they don't like it, don't become a cop....simple.

Problem is the disease runs deeper and in some cases they are ill trained.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Whether it be police at local level or the highest level of politician or just a faceless bureaucrat ALL should take an oath to constitution AND there should be serious and severe penalties for knowingly violating that oath.

That simple requirement would end 90% or better of the abuse of authority the public, authority the public GRANTS government.

No more 4th amendment abuse by police, no more patently unconstitutional regulations from bureaucracy, no more obviously unconstitutional legislation proposed or passed by congress.

Monetary fines equal to public harm and automatic 10 year sentences in Federal prison might be good start.

Until something along these lines is insisted upon by the public expect more of the same as there is no real sanctions to out of control government acting in its own self interest instead of the public good.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This POS should be fired........out of a cannon, face first into a wall. Make sure his compatriots are forced to watch!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Police should be held to a much higher standard than a civilian. Instead they get qualified immunity, and union protection.... Even when sued, they are not paying the fine, the people under the jackboots are. It's pathetic.

Then they have the nerve to cray about some fictitious war on the police? If there was a war on police, they would all be hanging from streetpoles in less than a week, we outnumber them, outgun them and outthink them. It would be a short and onesided bloody war.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I love body camera's. Win win for everyone.

Keeps the honest people honest and weeds out the corrupt.

As much as I hate public camera systems(street corners, etc). Anyone engaged in the position of public service/enforcement or being paid on the taxpayer dime should have them on them for oversight purposes.

Bodycam's are useless if it takes 10 complaints in order to view the thing.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Also there is the whole off switch on it. Oops, it malfunctioned, don't know what happened there. Sorry.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Make them but their own liability insurance. They screw up the victim sues the officer not the city.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join