It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Use Atom Bombs on Civilans Barely 3wks after 1st Test Detonation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
They had to be told twice.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Artesia

" then a couple of them hastily dropped by US on Japanese civilian populations ...."

REALLY Dude ? Have you EVER Read a PAPER History Book in your Short Existence on this Planet ? If you Ever Did , you would have
Thought Twice " Before Posting this " Dribble " .........

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Because the Japanese were dug in, and a land invasion would have cost a lot of time and lives, and slowed down our shift to Europe.

The real question is why did Japan refuse to surrender, and instead decide to kill as many people as possible.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Umm, no they hadn’t.
Nowhere in the article you listed says that, but I suspect you knew that already.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: roadgravel

Japan had already surrendered before we dropped the bombs.
LINK

That is absolutely not true.

We demanded their surrender, we spent weeks before hand dropping leaflets, and we killed tens of thousands in armed combat per day.

They refused to surrender.

We dropped the first weapon. We demanded their surrender.

They refused.

We dropped another, more powerful weapon. Finally, they surrendered. Finally, the war was over.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Estimated Casualties in a U.S. Invasion of the Japanese Home Islands in 1945 was Estimated to be Over a Million " MEN ". That Alone Justified Nuclear Response to such a Serious Threat to " National Security " . DUH > ?

WAR IS HELL ............

edit on 17-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I believe it peace and to never start a fight or war, however, if someone attacks me I believe in such retaliation that no one ever feels it is worth it to attack me again.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I believe it peace and to never start a fight or war, however, if someone attacks me I believe in such retaliation that no one ever feels it is worth it to attack me again.

Yeah , YOU Bad ,,,,,,,,,,,,

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why repeatedly bring up atomic bomb’s. When firebombing and targeting civilian populations by the US and England killed many more people .

Wait I know .

The term atomic bomb is just sexier and it leaves the English out of it .

Atomic weapons are bad.

But this kind of narrative is just playing the shame game .

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
PC world of today just can't grasp the brutality even before the war (read about Japan and Nanking China) and desperation those early years had before the US entered and the first couple of years afterward. The victory was in doubt and losing didn't mean Japan and or Germany rebuilding our infrastructure and leaving us alone afterward. It meant occupation, annexation executions imprisonments and elimination of American ideals, that had been hard fought for in 3 major wars before now all gone. Democracy would have been dead.

In some circles, its believe the Nazi's backed off trying to develop the Atom Bomb from their very early stages because they deemed it unnecessary to win the war and it would be over before it could be developed. But make no mistake if Japan or Germany had the bomb they would have had no qualms about using whenever and wherever they choose. America was desperate at the beginning and by the end conventional means would have been too costly in lives, finances and time. My grandfather fought in the Pacific and no doubt would have been part of an invasion of Japan. Even with my Dad already being born no guarantee his life doesn't turn out different if the war would have been extended for his Dad.
edit on 17-5-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It was war. Traditionally, people have fought wars with the full intention of winning them. When you have someone trying to kill you, you don't throw a snowball at them. You hit them with the hardest punch you have.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I have an incredible story in this post from the WW2 naval battles, read from where I mention BB55 - USS North Carolina and downward, for the story. If you're interested.

In the end, all parties agreed this necessary evil... Was likely for the best of everyone involved.

The US anticipated losing millions. Japan anticipated losing millions.

The thousands that died, to save the millions... Unfortunate heroes.

Although it was also just a hard fist retaliation. I am of that opinion based on the fact that the sole surviving member from a squadron dispatched for Midway, was one of the men on board for the atomic bomb drop missions.

Definitely some sour blood there.

The US has a history of retaliation above and beyond their aggressor.
The atomic bomb drops weren't even the only example of this, during World War 2.

The story of the USS North Carolina BB55, also has a scenario of the results of retaliatory blood rage for the US.

Japan put a hole in the hull of BB55, several crewmen aboard BB55 were killed in this attack.

BB55 proceeded to get repaired after that assault and loss.

Once BB55 came back out onto the battlefield from it's repairs, the crew were fueled by revenge. BB55 went down in history as the battleship that was an absolute nightmare for the Japanese air fleet.
BB55 racked up a MASSIVE kill count on Zero planes, and decimated any engagement with the Japanese air forces.

The men on board BB55 wanted revenge so badly for their fallen brothers, that they had some of the fastest reload times ever, in the history for Naval warfare for some of their manually operated guns.
Guns that had to be manually controlled and fired, one round at a time, were reloaded so fast, that Tokyo Rose radio broadcasted that the United States had a devastating new super automatic machine gun/canon.

Those crewmen reloaded and fired those single shot guns so fast, the Japanese literally thought they were automatic machine guns.
^ That is one of America's greatest stories of World War 2 dominance and is 100% true. I read that story, when I was actually aboard BB55. I've gone through that ship a couple of times. It's a museum now, but you can clearly see the repaired hull damage, and much of the bullet damage on the ship remains, to this day. They didn't even bother to repair a lot of it. You can see trails where Japanese bullets had hit the armor plating, they had massive forward force, but the armor was so thick the bullets never penetrated and literally slid across the armor platings, sideways, after failing to have enough forward force to penetrate the near 1 foot thick steel armor on the rear of the gun turrets. The rear of the gun turrets were where many Japanese pilots attempted to shoot, because they didn't want to come in near the front of the gun turrets, AT ALL. That would be full suicide. The other reason that they wanted the back of the gun turrets, is because that is where the crew operating those turrets internally were stationed. Obviously that's the reason we put a foot of metal back there.

The amazing thing about that, to me... I guess the Japanese figured out the armor was non-existent or much thinner on the BOTTOM of the gun turrets.
Some Japanese pilots literally came at BB55 from a low enough attack angle. (Just a few feet above the water) So that they could try to shoot through the gun turrets, from underneath them.
Whichever Japanese pilots attempted that, were probably some of the best damn pilots to ever fly a plane. I can't imagine trying to shoot UP at a gun turret from below the deck level of the battleship. I would guess many pilots that attempted it, died trying.
edit on 18-5-2019 by Archivalist because: meh

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Because they could.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Had to be done....

... and no ones dared do it again!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

What language do you speak?

The UK is comprised and made up of 3 other nations, not just England.

Also, Britain contributed to the Manhattan Project by helping initiate the effort to build the first atomic bombs in the United States during World War II, and helped carry it through to completion in August 1945 by supplying crucial expertise.

Put it this way it's certainly, not an action that should ever be repeated, kind of like the entirety of both world wars to be honest.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The estimate for the invasion of Japan, which would have happened if the bombs had not been used, were about 10 million ... Just on the allied side. Dropping the bombs reduced that significantly, even for the Japanese civilians.

Little known fact, in preparation for the battle for Japan, the military had a manufactured a supply of purple hearts .. The medal for being wounded. The US has not had to make a 'new' purple heart since 1945.

Korea, Vietnam, Iraq 1 and 2, Afghanistan, and we still have a large supply in hand.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I dont know, but I think we should dig up history and make a big social justice deal about it. Maybe blame whitey for an extra jab at feigned created outrage.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Well, the ancient people of India probably detonated something along similar lines around 5000-7000 years ago in anger.

Obviously, they should shoulder some of the derry for there part in the matter.

I suppose when we don't recognize the futility and sheer stupidity of detonating nukes in anger or at all for whatever purpose something is very wrong indeed to be honest.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I speak English but I’m dyslexic. I could take a mean shot at you here but I’ll pass .

During World War II were the English/British referred to as the UK or England ? Or should I include Ireland as participating in the Manhattan project ? Despite the fact that they were neutral during World War 2.

Don’t look at my grammar and think I’m dumb .

Now point to one thread on sites like these .

Where England shared the blame with the US for the bombings and Hiroshima and Nagasaki .
edit on 18-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

A display of power to the whole world

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join