It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.92% of US population commits 75+% of mass shootings - Media remains silent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

You seem weak on reading comprehension skills. Although I get how that weakness helps you reinforce your own stereotypes. After all, if a known conservative is talking at all in way you don't like, then ergo, that conservative must be racist. Nevermind that I've spent pages of posts here talking about how these problems affect all equally, but the problem is that *right now* these problems are concentrated in the American black community although they are spreading.

Who better than me to know that these are universal issues when I have one family member mired in the white version of these issues? I see it at work in my own flesh and blood.

And yes, stereotypes do exist for a reason. They are based on grains of truth. In this case, I admit they aren't fair, but at the same time, if you live in a major metro anywhere in this country, you also know certain neighborhoods no one goes to for a reason, and no one includes all law abiding people of any race. You also likely know, no matter how much you want to ignore it, that those neighborhoods are likely to be gang controlled, and those gangs are likely to be made up of one or possibly two ethnicities comprised of individuals of a certain gender and age range.

And like it or not, that's where the stereotypes come from, but don't worry. Give us a few more decades at the rate we are going, and other ethnic groups will likely catch up on the gang rates. Be proud! Progressives are pushing out of wedlock births as AWESOME! because no woman needs a man to help raise her kids, so I'm pretty sure white kids will either devolve into crazy shooters or form their own gangs to replace daddy soon enough.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hours of math and research we have no way of validating (because no one is going back to check his math) ..

Why aren't you? If you think his math is bad, get on it.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: face23785

Hmmmm...

Then why spend hours specificlly only researching the stats on one group of people you do not belong too..

Hours of math and research we have no way of validating (because no one is going back to check his math) ..

Plus he is only using the stats most people agree are erroneously called mass shootings I the first place..

Black Americans probably perpetrate the least terrorist attacks of any group..

Now for more conventional crime that isn’t the case, but concerning terrorist attack mass shootings... it isn’t even close

You realize that by determining the statistics of one group, it inherently tells you something about the other groups, don't you?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Hmmmm...

Then why spend hours specificlly only researching the stats on one group of people you do not belong too..

Plus he is only using the stats most people agree are erroneously called mass shootings I the first place..

Black Americans probably perpetrate the least terrorist attacks of any group..

Now for more conventional crime that isn’t the case, but concerning terrorist attack mass shootings... it isn’t even close

You realize that by determining the statistics of one group, it inherently tells you something about the other groups, don't you?

*NAH, NAH, NAH* I don't like what it tells me about this or that group, so I'm not looking ...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

You're not allowed to say that prison stats are disproportionate because crime committed is disproportionate. It's societies fault!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

JustJohnny, assuming you’re not black, would you feel comfortable taking an hour-long walk after dark through any of the 100 largest black neighborhoods in the country? How about doing it every day for a month in a different black neighborhood with you choosing the neighborhood?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I think blaming it all on single parent households is an absurd over simplification of the whole issue.

There's so many factors at play here that blaming it entirely on one family households is exceedingly dishonest.

Let's see factors at play,

- being sold the victim mentality since childhood by the media.

- being born into poverty.

- being sold a scapegoat to blame for thier problems in the form of the white devil and past slavery of ancestors.

- the promotion and glorification of thug culture in thier entertainment media.

- the demonization of any member of their community that doesn't buy into what the media is trying to sell them. Slurs like Uncle Tom come to mind.

- the promotion of race and thier "black" identity as well as self segregation and need to create a separate "black" culture.

- snitches get stitches and the promotion of non cooperation with the law.

- dumbing down in the form of looking down on education in their community.

- infidelity and being a player being treated as the gold standard for how to behave.

- being treated as a sex object and bitchiness and acceptance of the player culture encouraged.

- embedded gang culture that's further protected by the snitches get stitches and promotion of distrust of legal authority.

- the fact that there actually is some serious corruption in our legal system and many police forces that help encourage the flagrant disregard and distrust of authority.

- many policies that work to maintain the status quo by encouraging and promoting much of the above. Including divisive infected bandaid race based policies.

- the encouragement and creation of divisive protest groups such as black lives matter, which is made even worse by groups like antifa inserting themselves into any left wing protests to make them violent rather than peaceful.

- broken families due to many aforementioned issues. Yes it is one of the things on the list.

- that racism is not one hundred percent dead, though in many cases that racism is a self defense mechanism due to fear from much of the above. Not excusing it, just explaining it.

- refusal of media to allow open and honest discussions on the topic.

- malnourishment due to poverty and rampant drug use due to dealers on every corner, combined with rampant poverty, depression and anxiety and promotion from thug media.

- crap medical care due to poverty causing many issues to go undiagnosed.

- War on drugs turning everyone into a criminal rather than getting addicts help, compacted and made worse by making getting a job much more difficult after a conviction resulting in creating hardened criminals out of victims.

- etc, this could go on forever. I'm getting tired though and think I've covered most of the major points. Some with exra emphasis.
And what is the cause of all the things that you, the root cause?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I think blaming it all on single parent households is an absurd over simplification of the whole issue.

There's so many factors at play here that blaming it entirely on one family households is exceedingly dishonest.

Let's see factors at play,

- being sold the victim mentality since childhood by the media.

- being born into poverty.

- being sold a scapegoat to blame for thier problems in the form of the white devil and past slavery of ancestors.

- the promotion and glorification of thug culture in thier entertainment media.

- the demonization of any member of their community that doesn't buy into what the media is trying to sell them. Slurs like Uncle Tom come to mind.

- the promotion of race and thier "black" identity as well as self segregation and need to create a separate "black" culture.

- snitches get stitches and the promotion of non cooperation with the law.

- dumbing down in the form of looking down on education in their community.

- infidelity and being a player being treated as the gold standard for how to behave.

- being treated as a sex object and bitchiness and acceptance of the player culture encouraged.

- embedded gang culture that's further protected by the snitches get stitches and promotion of distrust of legal authority.

- the fact that there actually is some serious corruption in our legal system and many police forces that help encourage the flagrant disregard and distrust of authority.

- many policies that work to maintain the status quo by encouraging and promoting much of the above. Including divisive infected bandaid race based policies.

- the encouragement and creation of divisive protest groups such as black lives matter, which is made even worse by groups like antifa inserting themselves into any left wing protests to make them violent rather than peaceful.

- broken families due to many aforementioned issues. Yes it is one of the things on the list.

- that racism is not one hundred percent dead, though in many cases that racism is a self defense mechanism due to fear from much of the above. Not excusing it, just explaining it.

- refusal of media to allow open and honest discussions on the topic.

- malnourishment due to poverty and rampant drug use due to dealers on every corner, combined with rampant poverty, depression and anxiety and promotion from thug media.

- crap medical care due to poverty causing many issues to go undiagnosed.

- War on drugs turning everyone into a criminal rather than getting addicts help, compacted and made worse by making getting a job much more difficult after a conviction resulting in creating hardened criminals out of victims.

- etc, this could go on forever. I'm getting tired though and think I've covered most of the major points. Some with exra emphasis.
And what is the cause of all the things that you, the root cause?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What stereotype fairly applies to all white people??

None...

What stereotype fairly applies to all of any group of people??

None..

It sure is funny that more than a few white American Christians believe Islam is an evil religion, but intimately understand that they are not responsible for the actions of other Christians..

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Not when your not doing the stats on the other groups...

It was a targeted attempt to get a very specific result... and what do you know.. he got the result he wanted...

Surprise surprise..

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

If I was familiar with the neighborhood, sure..

I grew up in rough neighborhoods.. there is no one one protected in a bad neighborhood than the lone white kid everyone knows..

Can a lone any race safely walk through one of the roughest trailerparks in whatever state??

Not unless they know someone..

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think neo already did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

1.92 % of 327 million is 6 million and some change.

6 million mass shootings!

There were not 6 million mass shootings in the US in 2015, so OP must have messed up the math.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: COLLECTOR1

What do you think it is?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That’s funny because I can only think of 2 terrorist attack mass shootings perpetrated by black males.. The Washington sniper, and that was really a very convoluted attempt to kill his wife, not your normal school/postal/exc mass shooting we all think of.. Chris Dorner, the Texas cop killer which was the stereotypical mass shooter.. for political or similar reasons...

There have actually been quite a few black male mass shooters. Media down plays it and the "woke" set in the black community loves to push the lie that there aren't any black mass shooters or serial killers.

In terms of mass shootings, Colin Ferguson shot up the Long Island Railway commuter train. Shot six and wounded 19.

Recall that nut job that shot the news reporter while streaming it a few years ago?

There have been countless work place mass shootings involving black males. We just had one a few months ago here in Illinois.

Yeah, you don't see too many black males randomly shooting up a school, but those incidents are rare anyway. Virginia Tech shooting was an Asian kid.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Not when your not doing the stats on the other groups...

It was a targeted attempt to get a very specific result... and what do you know.. he got the result he wanted...

Surprise surprise..

I see math isn't your strong suit. If one group is responsible for 75% of the incidents, that means that at most any other group can only be responsible for 25% of them.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here are the actually 2016 numbers for anyone interested in facts.
FBI statistics on crime in America.
Whites 4,182 murders
Blacks 4,935 murders
Account for population and it's clear there is a disparity between reality and what we are told by those in charge. A biggest threat to a black man is another black man.
NOT the police...
edit on 19-5-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Here are the actually 2016 numbers for anyone interested in facts.
FBI statistics on crime in America.
Whites 4,182 murders
Blacks 4,935 murders
Account for population and it's clear there is a disparity between reality and what we are told by those in charge. A biggest threat to a black man is another black man.
NOT the police...

Even the black on black murders are whitey's fault though, right?

It's such a shame that our society can't address these issues because we're so distracted dealing with the left's false narratives.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Where is the supporting data that 1.92% of 336M people commit a mass shooting crime? This is saying 6 million people commit mass shootings and uh...that is wholly inaccurate. It's more around the 5,000 mark. Not 6 million.

On average gun deaths in America ranks 15th in causes of deaths each year. If the left would stop being brainless sheep and media lap dogs they would realize the more dangerous weapon a person holds in their hands is the fat laden food they put in their mouth each day which is what contributes to the #1 cause of death in the US year over year.

Heart disease.
edit on 19-5-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Be careful. Facts are racist!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly.

I looked up "mass shooting" and the first thing I found, wikipedia, was that "There is no widely accepted definition of the term mass shooting."

That it was once the murder of 4 people and in 2013 it shifted to 3 (not including the perp).

Seems like OP took the widest covering definition to make their argument. It works, but there is that caveat.

Also, I'm a little suspicious of their extrapolation-fu. The site linked throws all kind of stats without being very specific and the link was busted so who knows what OP was looking at.

Thanks for stating that the link wasn't working, I was able to go back through my history and all the census.gov links come back with the same page for some reason while they were working 2 days ago. I did find a way to get back to the info that I used. It can be gotten to from the following link - just click the first link: "Detailed Demographic Profile" here:

www.census.gov...

This should be the direct link. For some reason linking directly to the page once it is loaded won't work, it gives an error to load page result.

factfinder.census.gov...#

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join