It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America media stays away from ufo sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Im Canadian. And as much as any Canadian would deny it our country is almost 90% influenced by our neighbours downstairs. The south american continent loves talking about ufo's, they have accepted that ufo's are amongst us. Its not even a question. They right now are discussing what ufo could be and what they want, its accepted by mainstream media, unlike America. Is it possible media won't accept it because 86% of Americans believe in God. Also maybe you're education system is bogus, or somewhat a little arogant. I beleive in God and ufo's because theyare both apparently real. Most any christian you talk too would call you a blasphemer for talking of such things,or they would turn their heads and dissengage, or make a joke like the classic about being anally probed. People like this really need to understand and clue in to this phenomenom. The bible states that the whole world will be decieved. Could this possibly be the deception.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How is God "apparently real"? Do you have proof?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I suppose i got ahead of myself, knowing there are those who don't share my faith. The thing I should have said is my faith is real to me, God is real to me, and millions others. I once was an agnostic bordering on atheism but I chose to believe in God instead of coming back and forth. I believe God helped me in my desicion. God is apparently real to those who become born again christians.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I believe in god AND UFO's also in a sense. Not the typical sense of the big guy in charge, but that UFO's and aliens are somehow related to the spiritual world and god.

Athiesm is a fad perpetuated by our schools with their teaching of evolution as fact.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A good article to read on this subject is on The Disclosure Project's website. It includes a few intriguing tidbits on why the media stays away from the UFO/ET subject. In particular, I found the quote below a hilarious and sad testament to the media's coverage.

A senior editor for the Boston Globe once told me that they would never run a story on UFOs "…even if you put a dead ET on my desk…" since such topics were the stuff of the low-end tabloids.

This text is coming from Steven Greer. A man whom some outright ridicule for some of the text he has published in the past (regarding his own ET encounters), but I do not doubt that an editor of a newspaper would say the above given the absolute dearth of such stories from any allegedly credible media outlets.

The link to the article is below.

www.disclosureproject.org...

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Since the subject is Why America media stays away from ufo sightings and not Prove God exists I will toss this on the thread.

Originally posted by cjm273
Is it possible media won't accept it because 86% of Americans believe in God. ... Most any christian you talk too would call you a blasphemer for talking of such things,or they would turn their heads and dissengage, or make a joke like the classic about being anally probed. People like this really need to understand and clue in to this phenomenom. The bible states that the whole world will be decieved. Could this possibly be the deception.

I agree that there are people like that but I don't think thats why the American media is not taking UFOs seriously. Like you said South America 'loves' UFOs. I bet South Americans are more religious than North Americans. A couple examples come to mind.

Rio de Janeiro Brazil

El Salvador means The Lord Our Savior.

I don't blame religion for medias disregard for serious Alien discussion I blame the Media, its sponsors and its government.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Now hold on Umbrax , there is plenty of blame to dish out, lol

Umbrax
I don't blame religion for medias disregard for serious Alien discussion I blame the Media, its sponsors and its government.

I DONT blame the Media, its sponsors or its government anymore!
please note this is to all humans not just you.....im going to RANT.

I BLAME ALL OF YOU IN THE GENERAL PUBLIC !!!!!

YOU are partly responsible for the the covering up of info you say you seek!
YOU ask things like what do the aliens look like and when you get an answer you werent EXPECTING it seems ALIEN to you and you reject it, go figure aliens being alien to you?

YOU CRY OUT disclosure yet CHEW UP anyone who comes foward with such stories or info, (whats happened to disclosure project)
even a president of the united states isnt safe from your ridicule america !

YOU expect your military to tell you ,
yet if they do you tell them they should seek phyciatric counsiling,
no one will belive them anyway you see, but the people will talk about them behind their back and ridicule them for their gift to you.

quote: A senior editor for the Boston Globe once told me that they would never run a story on UFOs "…even if you put a dead ET on my desk…" since such topics were the stuff of the low-end tabloids.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

IMHO, what this editor is saying is:

No matter if they had solid proof to show the world ,
THEY WOULDNT becuase the PEOPLE not the gov would RUIN THEM,
SHUN THEM, they would lose CREDIBILTY with public, THE PUBLIC WOULDNT,COULDNT, ACCEPT THE TRUTH when faced with it!
they would think to themselves this newspaer is crazy or reality challenged but they dont know
YET , it is they who are reality challenged !

low-end tabloids are where you find these sometimes REAL stories no one else will publish.....no matter how much evidence they have..... always a crituqe out there to come at end and say dont worry be happy its not real ......buy more oil.......

I say people,

shouldnt we be off this rock EARTH by now?
Dont you want to all travel the stars and seed other planets?
shouldnt you be screaming in outrage for lack of progress?
no you just want you sitcoms,gossip and 9- 5 .......

should we really stay in the dark ages cause of your overall personal religous fears of the unknown and social persacusion from your own kind for the sake of ignorant, blissful, blind innocence ?

it starts with the general public not calling people abductees and others crazy.......
The more the people listen and not blatently critisize, the more info they will be given....
FREEDOM OF SPEECH can work against us if only FOOLS are speaking , then leading the rest of the world with thier ignorance !

NOTE:
mexico sees no difference between the UFOs and their GODS,
now pay attention --> their gods are lizard gods.

FACT IMHO:

the only way you the public can FORCE DISCLOSURE is back private space agencies and get normal people up there FREQUENTLY when every person who goes up there says they saw something it will become OBVIOUS and UNCONTAINABLE.....
ASK for a --> PRIVATE

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think the biggest reason the media doesn't report UFOs is that they are controlled by a group of people who are making too much money from people not knowing.

If you want a legitimate source of information concerning this topic, visit www.disclosureproject.org and read the work they have done. What it comes down to in the end is that with full alien disclosure comes a disclosure of alien technology. The two go together and can you imagine the government one day saying that they have a relationship with aliens yet no new technology exists.

If all the energy alternatives are made public, the people will rise up and demand them. If that happens, the controlling group I mentioned earlier will loose their energy monopoly along with trillions of dollars. If you don't know already, combustion engines were obsolete since the 50s.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
All those arguments have valid points. I think the public and the media both are to blame for the ignorance of the taboo. But the media in my mind is controlled by people. And their are guidlines the media has to follow, maybe their is a powerful group behind what we are allowed to see. I mean look at what they allow on tv these days...filth. I took a advertising class once and the majority of people are influenced by what they watch and hear. If you watched news and everyday there was a report on a ufo, there would be a lot of tension in the air don't you think. People are so busy these days they just don't care to talk or think about things that they don't know about. But if the media reported ufo's with seriousness. Dam whats the point. The people can change it if they want to. But we just don't care to. Maybe we slowly are.

new topics

top topics

join