It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Look here sonny boy I can double down on your 20 years and have a few years to spare. Sex has always been a big thing with the boys. Some of them took the girls like the were collecting trophies or notches on their dick that they proudly displayed in the boys locker room!
Think maybe they should have not been such big "people persons"? I mean who do you think all these girls are rolling around in the hay with the biblical angels?? Men have been the sex fiends since time immoral with their multiple wives, concubines, prostitutes, and extramarital affairs, which were pretty much accepted in society while frightened parents married their daughters off as early as possible or sent them to a convent to keep them out of the fiends' reach!! Heck boys were trained to conquer while girls were expected to remain pure, had their freedoms restricted to make sure they did, and became social outcastes if they failed!!
Well guess what we are equal now and we learn quickly from men how to be sexually deviant fiends so well yous think you have the God given right to lead and be Lord? START LEADING BY EXAMPLE!!!
You are doing what you've been doing since the time of Adam and Eve, blaming women for your own danged screwups!

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post.
edit on 17-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The only biddies I have are the chickens in my front yard. Throw at your own peril.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It is interesting that none of these Christian legislators are putting forth programs to help women avoid pregnancy altogether, namely free birth control. The studies past and present all agree this works very well. But, of course, women's health is never at the top of the list.

A new study by investigators at Washington University reports that providing birth control to women at no cost substantially reduces unplanned pregnancies and cuts abortion rates by a range of 62 to 78 percent compared to the national rate.

medicine.wustl.edu...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Seems you found a compromise. Why don't you start pushing that narrative? I have no issue with it.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Seems you found a compromise. Why don't you start pushing that narrative? I have no issue with it.

TheRedneck

Why do I have to push anything - where are the true leaders doing what is right for all the people?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Sorry, got off topic...
edit on 17-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: InTheLight

Sorry, got off topic...

Easy to do when debating controversial topics.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Why do I have to push anything - where are the true leaders doing what is right for all the people?

They're on the Internet asking why they need to do anything.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Seems to me we have been.
But we feel there needs to be access to safe abortions also.
Obamacare included no cost birth control to every insured women. The conservatves gutted it with the excuse of religious rights and whines of "why should men have to have the coverage in there policies" .
Planned parenthood was out
there providing at low cost or free of charge and they have been fighting off attack after attack because all the conservatives seenm to see is that they provide abortions and chose to hold them up as the symbol of the evil abortion industry. When in fact they have played a large part in the drop in the abortion rate.
What have the conservatives done but try to shut the door on sex education and any program that works to opens up avenues for uninsured low income women to not only get birth control but a number of other services that they would otherwise be our of luck with?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I don't believe for one moment that Alabama legislators care about fetuses. Otherwise, they would have passed a companion law that ensures healthcare for pregnant women before and after they give birth. The bill would also generously fund contraception so a fertilized egg can not be implanted. This didn't happen. It won't happen, of course. Because Jesus.

Anyway...

If this law is allowed to go forward, there will be myriad unintended consequences.

Just because a procedure is banned doesn't mean that people will stop having unwanted pregnancies.

An [I]intended consequence is winnowing out the chaff of society that have abortions and the doctors who perform them by sentencing them to prison. Sometimes this will be for the rest of their lives.

I think another intended consequence is death of women who seek out abortions in back alleys or try to induce a miscarriage using a folk remedy or self-injury. I believe this is intended because the law is driven by a theory of the beginning of life that is rooted in mysticism. A just consequence will be death of the person who tries to go against cosmic law, or some such nonsense tied to religion (but in prettier words).

An unintended consequence will be more homelessness. It's expensive to care for children, and, without massive expansion of the welfare state, many families will not have the resources to provide a home, clothe and feed their children.

Another unintended consequence will be more child abuse. An unwanted child will not suddenly become wanted. Some might, but I would posit many would not. If a parent perceives an unwanted child is ruining their life, this will be transferred to her child by way of physical and emotional abuse. Child and family services will need to be oriented to intervene in more abusive situations.

Third, people will get tied up in court because they had a miscarriage. If doctors and women are not to be trusted, then it will take a panel of judges or men to decide if a spontaneous miscarriage was induced or happened as part of the natural order of things.

There are more, of course. I suppose a wanted consequence is earning the favor of our sweet lord so we will all of our wars and stop dirty immigrants from crossing the border. Perhaps cars will be more reliable because they will be guided by the hand of god. Chick-fil-a will be unstoppable as it opens outlets across the U.S. And so much more goodness like that.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Obamacare included no cost birth control to every insured women. The conservatves gutted it with the excuse of religious rights and whines of "why should men have to have the coverage in there policies"

Why should they? Do women need coverage for prostate cancer?

Why do we need to keep targeting men because of women? Are women not equal in your estimation?

Obamacare did just that, but they targeted everyone in one way or another, and raised costs so high that the average person, even though they had insurance, could not use it because the deductible was so high. Some, like me, were out in the cold; I didn't make enough to qualify for assistance, and I made too much to qualify for Medicaid (and don't give me that line about Alabama should have covered it; if a Federal law requires states to support it to work, it is not a good law). The only people who were helped by Obamacare were those who were poor and living in 'blue' states. The wealthy, you know, those people who Democrats love to hate on, were not affected much. They could afford the higher cost. Everyone else was devastated.

Planned parenthood was out
there providing at low cost or free of charge and they have been fighting off attack after attack because all the conservatives seenm to see is that they provide abortions and chose to hold them up as the symbol of the evil abortion industry.

Planned parenthood is subsidized by the US government. It is just a way to make sure that everyone pays for someone's abortion whether they want to or not. In addition, there have been some very serious allegations against Planned Parenthood literally promoting abortion so they could harvest stem cells from aborted children to sell to research labs. That's death for sale. No. Just no, and certainly not with my forced support.

If anything, Planned Parenthood and their aura of untouchability has led to this movement to stop the killing. If they had been investigated properly, this could have all been avoided.

What have the conservatives done but try to shut the door on sex education and any program that works to opens up avenues for uninsured low income women to not only get birth control but a number of other services that they would otherwise be our of luck with?

When those sex education classes teach children that it's not really alive, not really human until it pops out during delivery, you're damn right I will oppose it! Now, if you can handle reasonable, common-sense sex education classes that teach abstinence as the only sure method of birth control (it is), the whole story about what happens during pregnancy, the ugly side of abortion as well as the benefits, we can talk. But that doesn't happen. All of the proposals have been nothing more than back-door advertising for Planned Parenthood to get them more stem cells to sell.

That's why you have met with such limited success and are now looking at a backlash. There was no compromise possible with the left. "Go sit in the corner while we talk, conservative!" That is not our fault; it's yours.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Third, people will get tied up in court because they had a miscarriage. If doctors and women are not to be trusted, then it will take a panel of judges or men to decide if a spontaneous miscarriage was induced or happened as part of the natural order of things.

You need to read the bill before you say untrue things.

TheRedneck.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

When have you ever heard of anyone complaining about insurance for prostate cancer that wasn't in response to some man whining about insurance for childbirth it birth control? Was there ever a time when it was excluded from your basic health insurance plan because half of us wouldn't need it? I can remember having an insurance plan that didn't cover maternity care. Can you remember one that didn't cover prostate cancer. My bet is you can't.

As far as the flaws in the Obamacare I was pretty outspoken against it also. All I can say is that at least Obama tried.
They played the same scam as they played a decade or two ago with those planned parenthood videos and you all fell for it a second time. Which reminds me I should check to see how those masterminds of deception are making out in their legal woes.
And abstinance only education does not work, I'm pretty sure that the kids are taught more about what happens in pregnancy than some adults do if they belwoe that a six week fetus has anything that resembles a fully function heart beating, the real facts about abortion is probably taught which is no it does not cause cancer and it isn't more dangerous than giving birth.
And again. You bought the same danged scam that was pulled off decades ago, investigated a ton and nothing much illegal was found.
Oh and I found a video that showed part of the debate that causes me to say some of you male senators were stupid and shouldn't have anything to do when it comes to writing these laws. It went something like this.
When the topic of rape and incest victims came up.
There is still a window for them to get an abortion. They can get one anytime before they know they are pregnant.
Okay, just how does that one work?
Oh doc. Our daughter just told us that our priest did some nasty stuff to her last Sunday after mass. We are afraid she might be pregnant. Can you just give her a just in case abortion before it becomes obvious that she is and that window is closed because we know she is pregnant?? Please???

Or this one.
When asked why the destruction of fertile eggs in fertility clinics is allowed.

Because they aren't in women.

What does that have to do with it? A fertilized egg is a fertilized egg weather it's journeying thru the fallopian tube, embedded into a women's uterus, or sitting in a freezer waiting for a uterus to become available. Don't all these little fertilized eggs deserve the same chance at life?
But hey don't feel bad I criticized the lady who they had trying to defend the Virginia Bill that didn't seem to know much either.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You need to read the bill before you say untrue things.

TheRedneck.

Likewise, don’t take one thing from a lengthy post and use it to avoid the gist of said post.

Nonetheless, your comment helps me to strengthen my argument for next time.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

They're on the Internet asking why they need to do anything.

TheRedneck

They should be outside their buildings speaking with the protesters, then maybe they will get a clue.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

When have you ever heard of anyone complaining about insurance for prostate cancer that wasn't in response to some man whining about insurance for childbirth it birth control?

I'm just pointing out that there is no need to be insured for something that is physically impossible to happen.

And abstinance only education does not work,

There you go again, inserting words that weren't there. Where did I say abstinence only? I said include abstinence because it is the only 100% effective birth control method. Present courses act like abstinence isn't even worthy of mention.

You see, there is the problem. I make a suggestion, you add a bunch of other stuff I never mentioned and then show how unrealistic all the stuff you added is. Exactly how are we going to debate anything like that? The simple answer is, we can't. And I'm not going to try on this issue any more. I want Roe vs. Wade rescinded. Completely.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Likewise, don’t take one thing from a lengthy post and use it to avoid the gist of said post.

Then try knowing what you're talking about and it might be worthy of a complete reply.

Nonetheless, your comment helps me to strengthen my argument for next time.

I quit listening to the pro-abortion arguments a while back. They make no sense and waste my time. Enjoy strengthening something that is a moot point.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

They should be outside their buildings speaking with the protesters, then maybe they will get a clue.

Yeah, maybe but I doubt it. You apparently still think protesting (aka shutting others up) is how you accomplish change.

Upsetting other people while showing how clueless one is is not a good way to garner support.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

umm ya, maybe I just thought it was more unrealistic to think that you don't think that they point out the many benefits of abstinence as well as telling the little girls not to allow the little boys to pressure them into till they feel it is ready, or how it reduces the risk of stds down to near 0, ect.
but in the end, even if the little girl waits till she marries, she is gonna want to know just how to prevent pregnancy while being sexually active and high school is supposed to prepare kids for the adult world.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join