It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

No it isn't relevant. Just like the judges actions were found to not really be in line with the intent of the law he was using to justify his actions. But by the time that happened it didn't matter she spent the time in jail and was forced to have a c-section she didn't want.
I'm just bringing it up because I am being accused of over reacting and talking crazy when I mention pregnant women not being allowed out of the state.
If I am its because I have bothered to watch and see just how some of these laws are working in real life and reading some crazy crap.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If you're that worried about the possibility that someone can abuse the law, you need to seek professional help for anxiety. One does not need a law to abuse the law. That's more about the actions of rogue judges and officials than about what the law says.

Read the link I posted on the last page.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thank you. Still don't like the law but at least I am less paniced about women and children dying in your state.

(post by yuppa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Knowledge is power.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

But then you are worrying about NY law making infantcide legal which if that were to happen it would be not supported by anything in that law. Quite frankly it seems that the Alabama law kind of slaps about the same restrictions on the entire pregnancy as NY has in their new law for the late term abortions unless Alabama has other laws that regulates late term abortions further than this law does. If I can manage to get my computer fired up and not acting wonky later I will provide a link to the actual Bill although to be honest sometimes its a big headache to understand what you are reading. They kind of just refer you to subsections of previous Bill and strike out the part they are changing and tell you what to replace it with. I think at least you guys learned how to present your laws in a more understandable way.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We can all agree that the unborn are humans, right?

That they always will be humans.

Yet these are really the one class of individuals left on the planet that have no rights at all.

They have none.

Do we agree a sperm and egg are 1/2 human each then? Do we agree that any form of birth control is preventing a human life? I'm not sure if you can suggest an embryo is a human since it is still just a mass of cells and DNA working chemical reactions that can go easily wrong and the body just dumps it to try again at some other time.

If you want to go Draconian with this then no pregnancy should be prevented or stopped no matter what even if it is high risk to the mother, how can you take one life for another, so let God sort it all out. It is a all or none approach...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Aren't we all just a mass of cells?

(post by IlluminatiTechnician removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Do we agree a sperm and egg are 1/2 human each then?

No. Both are specialized human cells. There is no such thing as "1/2 a human."

Do we agree that any form of birth control is preventing a human life?

Yes. Preventing, not killing.

I'm not sure if you can suggest an embryo is a human since it is still just a mass of cells and DNA working chemical reactions that can go easily wrong and the body just dumps it to try again at some other time.

Not human? How do you classify it? Is it a kangaroo? A mouse? An ocelot maybe? Perhaps a duck?

"Human" describes a biological species scientifically known as "Homo sapiens sapiens" and perhaps earlier species known as "homo sapiens." It is a pretty precise term. If you want to go around redefining what a "human" is, you need to at least let us know what your new definition is. We're not going to play guessing games because you want to think up new meanings.

Are you sure you know where you are? What planet is this?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Aren't we all just a mass of cells?

Humans have created this thing called life, the universe didn't. Our norms actually dictate what is life or not, so we need to work within our norms to define it further and to define how far should we go as a society to prevent life from happening. Some societies think that even birth control is wrong and preventing life in anyway is wrong while other societies feel that losing a kid here and there is perfectly normal and expected, so they have 8 to see 2 make it to adulthood. Those 6 that die is not always due to external factors either, sometimes they are from choice in who should survive and who should not.

So here we are today in 2019 where we have a range from birth control to infancy and maybe childhood as right or wrong in keeping or killing life, so yes we are all cells, but that is not the point in all this.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

"Human" describes a biological species scientifically known as "Homo sapiens sapiens" and perhaps earlier species known as "homo sapiens." It is a pretty precise term. If you want to go around redefining what a "human" is, you need to at least let us know what your new definition is. We're not going to play guessing games because you want to think up new meanings.

Are you sure you know where you are? What planet is this?

TheRedneck

I'm not redefining anything, you are right a sperm and egg are not 1/2 human they are a sperm and egg, a zygote is not a human, its a zygote, a chicken egg is not a chicken its an egg, so on and so on. A zygote has the possibility to become a human, or not. The or not part is the woman's body will dump it if it doesn't start to grow correctly to become a human, so it is long way away from being a human just as a sperm and egg is too even though they both can end up as a human.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
that there new anti-abortion measure.... seems to incidently fit well with the Sharia Law operating in that Muslim Enclave there in the North Alabama, secluded woods area... where the FBI recently identified a Jihad Community existing... well armed? populated by ex-Caliphate soldiers ? -> most likely were mixed in with illegals who crossed from Mexico & the M.E. underground funneled them to this collection location

the MSM is keeping the above information unpublicized as far a I see

so rape & incest offspring are the newest demographic ?
wow.... I'm on the fence on this one folks

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I'm not sure what everyone is trying to solve here. How many of these children are you going to take into your own house and raise? I'm taking zero, so you better up your numbers...

We can also outlaw pregnancy and place the child in government care and the mom and dad in prison. At some point we will need population control or do you feel letting the heard die out to starvation to reduce sustainable numbers as just another act of God.
edit on Thu May 16 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I'm not redefining anything,

Oh, really?

you are right a sperm and egg are not 1/2 human they are a sperm and egg,

A human sperm and a human egg.

a zygote is not a human, its a zygote,

It is a human zygote. Species human, development stage zygote.

a chicken egg is not a chicken its an egg,

It is a chicken egg. Chicken = species, egg = cell type.

so on and so on. A zygote has the possibility to become a human, or not.

Sorry, you are so mixed up I don't see how you can manage to type.

Every cell in a human body is human. That's a scientific fact. Every cell in a chicken is chicken. Cells don't miraculously change into a species after some arbitrary point when you want them to. They are always of their species. Now, if you want to claim the zygote is not a person (as in a legal human entity recognized by society), that's fine. But it is human.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That would depend? At what point in time did our not so human ancester evolve into our current human form. Was it a gradual change or just one day babies started being born that looked rather strange. And a new species of two legged erect walking life forms were born.
We play with a lot of radiation and toxins. At some point our DNA might change enough either evolving or devolving and there not much human in some babies anymore. It had already happened. Cyclops, blobswith no bone structure, babies with no legs to stand erect on. And at least some of these are because of permanent DNA damage that will last through the generations. I only know of cases that seem to be chaos theory which is harmful at work but chaos theory works both ways. So there's a chance that we will or have seen babies not quite human who outshine the human race by leaps and bounds.
I'm not saying we should kill these amazing babies or accept them as human but sooner or later of they aren't doing it now they will start playing with the genepool to the extent and the results of their game will not be human. Till then we have the chaos theory to contendwith and im sorry but those jellyfish babies, blobs with no bone structure really don't fit my defination of human.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

A human sperm and a human egg.

I have a human thumb too, its not a complete human is it? Neither is a zygote, embryo, my heart, or my big toe.

Sorry, you are so mixed up I don't see how you can manage to type.

Every cell in a human body is human. That's a scientific fact. Every cell in a chicken is chicken. Cells don't miraculously change into a species after some arbitrary point when you want them to. They are always of their species. Now, if you want to claim the zygote is not a person (as in a legal human entity recognized by society), that's fine. But it is human.

Dude... there is a difference between saying "is a human cell" and "is A human", or are you one of those zealots that will not have surgery because you know they might just cut out a human and not a mole made up of human cells. If you can not comprehend the difference between what might be human cells and what would be an actual human I can not really fix that.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

A state that's willing to entertain the possibility of criminalizing abortions.

Yet ranks 50th in the public education system.

Don't exactly give a rats-arse about children.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The University of Alabama will probably turn into an all male school...Go Tide, lol

Hey, more dorm space for 'croots.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
that there new anti-abortion measure.... seems to incidently fit well with the Sharia Law operating in that Muslim Enclave there in the North Alabama, secluded woods area... where the FBI recently identified a Jihad Community existing... well armed? populated by ex-Caliphate soldiers ? -> most likely were mixed in with illegals who crossed from Mexico & the M.E. underground funneled them to this collection location

the MSM is keeping the above information unpublicized as far a I see

so rape & incest offspring are the newest demographic ?
wow.... I'm on the fence on this one folks

Eh? The compound was found in south Alabama, near Auburn.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join