It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tlaib: When I Think About The Holocaust This Way I Get A 'Calming Feeling'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Beth Baumann Posted: May 12, 2019 6:55 PM

Just when we think that Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) couldn't get any more anti-Semitic, she proves us wrong. Her latest remark is rather cringeworthy too. During an interview with Yahoo News' podcast "Skullduggery," she explained her take on the Holocaust.

"Theres always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people's passports," Tlaib said.

"And, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And, I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways, but they did it in a way that took their human dignity away and it was forced on them."

townhall.com...

The historical revisionism that this representative is attempting it's jut unbelievable. Not only does she claim that The Palestinian people were the ones who suffered because of the holocaust, but she blames the Jewish people for it...

What's worse, left-wing/democrats/liberals on the overall have remained silent and have not called out the false claims made by this anti-semite who is a representative of the U.S. government...

Of course, she is not the only one who has done this, as representative Ilhan Omar has also made anti-semite comments, and even devalued the tragedy of 9/11.

Is this what we are looking forward to, and who we want representing all of the U.S.?

edit on 13-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

There are two sides to every conflict. Every side has a point of view if you are willing to listen:

edit on 13-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There are two sides to every conflict. Every side has a point of view if you are willing to listen:

You are correct.. there were two sides to the Holocaust.

I don't really need the other side's viewpoint.

Are you honestly sympathizing with the Nazis?

Just... wow.
edit on 13-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

link   
The biggest weapon in modern history is the narrative of the past.

It's why so many wish to control it, if they can control the past, they can control the future and wield it as the greatest weapon of all time.

+3 more 
link   
BTW, their hatred towards Jewish people is what they are brought up to believe. Even though Tlaib attended school in the U.S., and she attended Southwestern High School, in Detroit, it seems that she grew up to believe what Palestinian children are taught in the country that NEVER existed.

This is what Muslim children are taught in Palestine, and even in schools in Jerusalem.

edit on 13-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Just... wow.

I thought we were talking about what the Zionists are doing the Palestinians.

+9 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Perhaps you should first read what we are talking about, instead of going off tangent and not knowing what you are responding to.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
BTW, their hatred towards Jewish people is what they are brought up to believe.

It sounded like Tlaib gave pretty good reason why the Palestinians might be unhappy with Israeli government policies after WWII. I don't think they were mad because the people were good loving Jews. I think they were unhappy because their lands were occupied by a hostile force that refuses to give them any human rights or treat them as equals.

It just goes to show you the after WWII the Israeli's have become what they hated with their government policies.

+15 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Just... wow.

I thought we were talking about a person who thinks that the murder of millions of people that had another political or religious viewpoint is... calming.

So when you think about the Holocaust, does it have a calming effect on you?

ETA... do you also think that Nazi Germany was "Some people who did some things?"

edit on 13-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It sounded like Tlaib gave pretty good reason why the Palestinians might be unhappy with Israeli government policies after WWII. I don't think they were mad because the people were good loving Jews. I think they were unhappy because their lands were occupied by a hostile force that refuses to give them any human rights or treat them as equals.

It just goes to show you the after WWII the Israeli's have become what they hated with their government policies.

Yup, jews always were the real nazis. In fact, speaking of revisionist history, i've seen some very "valid" reasoning floating around lately that they were actually the INSTIGATORS in germany and that the nazi's were just defending themselves.

No #, some people actually try to shop that around and sell it to fools.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
One thing is for certain there will never be peace in the Middle East.

My hope is a 100 years from now the 12 billion people on the planet just leave for outer space. And the only people left on the planet will be people living in the Middle East. The mass exodus of the non-ME people will be a great day !!!

+4 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Wrong. First of all, the Jewish people PAID for Israel, even though those lands had belonged to Jewish people before the exodus of Muslims into what is known as Palestine. But Palestine has never really existed as a country, and because the Muslim authority in Palestine didn't want to recognize Israel, it was never given agency as a country. All they had to do was to accept the existence of Israel, and to allow the Jewish people to live there, and Palestine would have become a country, and would have been recognized as one.

Israel began taking lands, which should have belonged to them in the first place, when the Muslim authorities allowed radicals to attack Israel from those lands. Even when Israel agreed to give back Gaza, once again the terrorist attacks from Gaza to Israel began.

edit on 13-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Yup, jews always were the real nazis. In fact, speaking of revisionist history, i've seen some very "valid" reasoning floating around lately that they were actually the INSTIGATORS in germany and that the nazi's were just defending themselves.

No #, some people actually try to shop that around and sell it to fools.

The way the government is treating the Palestinians basically means Israeli is the New South Africa. You seem to be completely without morals if you think human rights violations against the Palestinians is not real. People like yourself supported South Africa for years during the Apartheid protests in the 80s. I don't see any justification for Apartheid like you do.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This Congresswoman Tlaib is a lawyer.

Obviously she has some kind of "reason" for all her suggestive and treacherous commenting 😀

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Didn't they have to fight to declare independence?

Something about having terrorist groups, er freedom fighter revolutionary groups? One later became the Mossad? Don't quote me obviously, I didn't follow it.

Then the war of 1948, being attacked by five arab nations, beating them somehow? Like it was divinely ordained as in the Old Testament battles.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Wrong. First of all, the Jewish people PAID for Israel, even though those lands had belonged to Jewish people before the exodus of Muslims into what is known as Palestine. But Palestine has never really existed as a country, and because the Muslim authority in Palestine didn't want to recognize Israel, it was never given agency as a country. All they had to do was to accept the existence of Israel, and to allow the Jewish people to live there, and Palestine would have become a country, and would have been recognized as one.

Israel began taking lands, which should have belonged to them in the first place, when the Muslim authorities allowed radicals to attack Israel from those lands. Even when Israel agreed to give back Gaza, once again the terrorist attacks from Gaza to Israel began.

Same arguments were made against black people in South Africa. You can justify human rights violations with any rationale that floats your boat. But in the end, human rights violations are still violations.

+8 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Palestinians sided with Hitler and killed Jews.

Tlaib is either an idiot or a liar.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe you should do some reading:

Full official record: What the mufti said to Hitler

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Just... wow.

I thought we were talking about a person who thinks that the murder of millions of people that had another political or religious viewpoint is... calming.

So when you think about the Holocaust, does it have a calming effect on you?

That's not what she was saying. She was talking about the price the Palestinians were paying. She wasn't saying how great it was for Nazis to kill Jews otherwise she would have said that. You are just being disingenuous because there's ambiguity in her statement.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Stop going off tangent again... This is not about South Africa...

Just to show you how wrong you are...

Fact or fiction: Jews stole Palestinian land before 1948

From the beginning of World War 1 Arabs were claiming Jews stole Palestinian land and displaced them. However, the majority of the land in this region was owned by the Ottoman Empire (subsequently the British) and absentee landlords who lived in Cairo, Damascus and Beirut. During this period 80 percent of the Palestinian Arabs were impoverished peasants, semi-nomads and Bedouins… not wealthy landowners.1

The region was severely underpopulated which meant the Jews were able to avoid buying land in areas where Arabs might be displaced, which they did. They sought land that was largely uncultivated, swampy, sandy, and most importantly, without tenants. In 1920, David Ben-Gurion expressed his concern about the Arab fellaheen (peasants), whom he viewed as “the most important asset of the native population” he said “under no circumstances must we touch land belonging to fellahs or worked by them”. He advocated helping liberate them from their oppressors. “Only if a fellah leaves his place of settlement,” Ben-Gurion added, “should we offer to buy his land, at an appropriate price.” 2

The Jews overpaid for land they purchase

When British MP John Hope Simpson arrived in Palestine in May 1930 to report on Arab-Jewish violence and discovered the Jews were purchasing land at exorbitant rates: “They [Jews] paid high prices for the land, and in addition they paid to certain of the occupants of those lands a considerable amount of money which they were not legally bound to pay.” 3

Is it true that Israel stole Palestinian land?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join