It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acrylic Pouring!! I am hooked and the muse in me is overwhelming!

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am loving this flow acrylic medium and pouring style. I may have to begin selling some pieces just to make room for the new canvases I just bought.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How do you do that?

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
How do you do that?

It's called "acrylic pouring". Using thinned out acrylic paint, using various styles, pour the paint on the canvas in a sort of puddle. Then, manipulate the "puddle" by tilting it in various directions as it stretches and thins out across the surface. In some cases, you can drag a piece of thin plastic sheeting across the surface (how the first "rainbow" one was done) which distributes the paint atop itself, creating the "cells" and natural patterns.

There are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube on this process. Search for "acrylic pouring" and you'll see all kinds of ways to create this style of art.

And, if you try it, please return and post a thread with your resulting art.

edit on 5/11/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Really like the last 3, especially the ones where you use blue!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Wow, you have talent with this stuff. I've seen some work and it looks like paint drizzled and poured. Yours have stories, depth, and I can see all sorts of things in them. Looks brilliant.

I would put that red one on my living room wall in a heart beat. I love it!!

Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

Wow, you have talent with this stuff. I've seen some work and it looks like paint drizzled and poured. Yours have stories, depth, and I can see all sorts of things in them. Looks brilliant.

I would put that red one on my living room wall in a heart beat. I love it!!

Thanks for sharing

Thanks. I made the red one as a wedding anniversary present for the wife. I don't think she'd be happy if I sold that one... LOL

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: theatreboy
How do you do that?

It's called "acrylic pouring". Using thinned out acrylic paint, using various styles, pour the paint on the canvas in a sort of puddle. Then, manipulate the "puddle" by tilting it in various directions as it stretches and thins out across the surface. In some cases, you can drag a piece of thin plastic sheeting across the surface (how the first "rainbow" one was done) which distributes the paint atop itself, creating the "cells" and natural patterns.

There are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube on this process. Search for "acrylic pouring" and you'll see all kinds of ways to create this style of art.

And, if you try it, please return and post a thread with your resulting art.

Thank you. I will check those vids out.

Thanks for speaking my interest!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I have noticed that this is getting very popular,

might give it a go..

I like the blue ones, and am fond of the idea of using it as a background for a form, like those cool trees.

Some people add stuff to make bubbles to the paint mix, then pop em and create things, do you use anything like that?
edit on 11-5-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I have noticed that this is getting very popular,

might give it a go..

I like the blue ones, and am fond of the idea of using it as a background for a form, like those cool trees.

Some people add stuff to make bubbles to the paint mix, then pop em and create things, do you use anything like that?

Yes, the blue "bubble" one used a certain type of hair oil treatment. A few drops in the paint and gently stirred in just before the pour helps make what are called "cells". You don't have to "pop" them as they create the cells on their own, unless you use a torch or heat gun on the surface. Mostly, that is used to pop air bubbles in the paint just to avoid pitting in the dried piece.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Ahhh, see - that's why it's so good. It was made with love!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ummm...absolutely beautiful man...totally amazing effects...

My 86 year old mom paints with acrylic...I told her about your technique...now she’s going to try it...too cool...thanks man...

Now that’s what I’m talking about...be the change you want to see...

Freaking awesome...

YouSir

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Oh wow my gf just got into this 2 weeks ago. She uses a strainer/collender or one of those metal sink drain stops with the holes in it, so that the paint comes out each hole as you pour. The neat thing so far is you never know what it will look like until it is done.
After it dries she is gonna clear coat it with a type of resin to seal it all in and make it shine.
Awesome work btw!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

1st n 2nd one's...awesome. The word "acrilic" caught me...

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

Oh wow my gf just got into this 2 weeks ago. She uses a strainer/collender or one of those metal sink drain stops with the holes in it, so that the paint comes out each hole as you pour. The neat thing so far is you never know what it will look like until it is done.
After it dries she is gonna clear coat it with a type of resin to seal it all in and make it shine.
Awesome work btw!

That is how this one was done. Pouring into a sink strainer, centered on the canvas. Then sloooooooowly and gently stretching it by tilting the canvas, while trying to preserve the "petals" in the center from deforming too much.

Colors: Metallic Black, Copper, and Turquoise.
Link to full size image to see the details better.

edit on 5/11/2019 by Krakatoa because: Added link to full size image

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I love the colorful one on top and the one at the bottom with the trees!

top topics

join