It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS too political for me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Maybe I'm going on here too often nowadays but it just seems like 90% of threads are political. Which makes threads like AOC not knowing what a kitchen disposal is become a popular thread. This is what ATS is about?

I can't complain too much because i often contribute in these threads. I realized very recently that all these political threads do is create a negative experience for me. Im a contrarian when it comes to politics and have a tendency to respond to threads that aren't neutral. I find this is just me responding to political vomit with my opposing political vomit.

Im sure many enjoy these political discussions but i don't find them productive. I forgot why i came to ATS. It wasn't for the politics. It was for the discussion of mystery. Something that has been very much lacking lately.

Therefore I'm going back to being a lurker. I realize now that im giving myself a negative experience by giving into the urge to argue political drivel. Sorry if i was rude to anyone in political discussions. Thanks ATS.
edit on 11-5-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Name 1 thing that hasn't become political for some insane reason or another! Every aspect of our lives has become politicized and that's no accident. Food, sex, recreation, health, ZEDucation, language, anyone else feel free to add to the list. Yet we wonder why everything is about politics?

Give me Freedom and Liberty for $1000 Alex!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sometimes it is better just to take some time off from
here and do other things.I am getting my house ready
to sell later this year.I won't be posting much this summer.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The flavor of the month, or rather, last TWO years has been focused on Trump and collusion. And in all honesty it is a conspiracy, but it's become the dominant focus, and it's oozed out an anti opposition fandom type of situation which has driven away a lot of members because they don't like to talk politics or like to post something and then it turns into politics.

And when an actual out of the box post is made, it's drowned out, or dismissed completely. There is still a lot of mystery in the world, and I am a very science driven person, I still actually believe that bigfoot exists, there's sea monsters, and possibly humans came from outer space. But I've always been the type to lurk on those subjects because they are something that is community driven.

I dabble in political stuff, but I've slowly taken a back seat because it's become a rather toxic environment to discuss politics with such a biased community towards the political spectrum.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

when you realize that what is happening is a giant conspiracy unfolding in front of our eyes, and the events are EXACTLY what this site is about (save for the historical aspect of most conspiracies). Sure it's fun to see of you fall on the correct side of things during the discussions, but in the end, the events will unfold however they do, and we will see some significant changes in our world as a result.

I can see how the long game is lost on some, but if you think back to Older political conspiracies, Bay of Pigs, Gulf of Tonkin, USS Liberty, JFK Murder, those were all political in their day, and the only reason our parents and grand parents weren't arguing about them on a site like this, is there was no internet back then.

ETA: what is amusing is to look back and see that when it looked like the left was holding the moral high ground, those who fell on that side were all too happy to engage in political discussions, but now that things seem to have shifted, that group seems to have dwindled to a silly little group.
edit on 11-5-2019 by network dude because: tea is the secret to life.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Politics seems impossible to avoid, and it is a RL phenomena, not only on ATS.
Most of us are more concerned with putting food on the table and paying bills, seeing our kids are raised properly, and other real issues.
But our government---federal, state, local---seems to be lack focus to do what needs to be done for its citizens.

As a suggestion.....Be the change you wish to see
Post recipes, talk about your pets, look for stories not about politics.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I love Trump threads, hold AOC threads close to my heart, dislike both of them for opposite reasons
Play in the sand pit, love the religion threads, the origins threads as well, love the crypto stuff as well, heading off to their now
You choose where you go, no one else

Stay go, it’s your choice but, if you can’t help yourself it’s on you

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

iz all over the place, man,,

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Right now there is a real lot of deception in politics that needs to be discussed. If you want conspiracy theories, just go look at MSM articles, they twist everything, including weather incidents into a frenzy. We are supposed to find the truth, but it is impossible in today's society to easily find the truth because deception has programmed people to strongly believe in lies, using misapplied or illegitimately translated science as a tool to do it.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I agree. Ats has gotten way too political.

"May I take your order?" Yes, I'll have some conspiracy with a double order of politics please..
edit on 11-5-2019 by lostbook because: Word add

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You know, there is not that much new daily material on UFOs, Bigfoot sightings, or flat earth theories to yap about.

Most of the daily crazy is considered "political" now.

I for one like to "highlight the insanity and dangers" of what those who have been given authority are saying and doing. These people, movements, and ideologies have a direct impact on our lives.

Plus, sometimes it is just fun.

edit on 11-5-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well...if you go to here...NEW...you'll see up to the minute variety threads.

Certainly not 90%...look thru them under your own thread here...

In NEW, count the political topics....sounds like you got the app(not necessary)...or found the site or went mobile(also not necessary)...and maybe view the LIVE, RECENT etc....mostly...

In that case, you're correct, and they are heavy politically....if that's as far as you look
edit on 11-5-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ummm...as DTOM stated...Be the change you want to see...

Start some threads that focus on mystery...whatever you enjoy...talk about your passion...

Don't leave just because a narrative or two fell apart and was exposed as a hoax...It's not the end of the world...Just the false world narrative the Media built inside a lot of gullible peoples heads...

I promise I wont hold your belief systems against you...which is not to say I might or might not poke a little good natured fun...but that's all it boils down to...

I look at it like this...a group of friends ribbing one another over the current flavor du jour...nothing more...
I come to ATS because of the laughter it provides...and there's loads of that generated everyday my friend...

So buck up buttercup...and look for the humor...

YouSir

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

This feeling happens often on this site. And I myself have forced myself to take a break. Which was nice but those damn red ants are back........
Just remember those that are here to stay will always be here.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

You know, there is not that much new daily material on UFOs, Bigfoot sightings, or flat earth theories to yap about.

Most of the daily crazy is considered "political" now.

I for one like to "highlight the insanity and dangers" of what those who have been given authority are saying and doing. These people, movements, and ideologies have a direct impact on our lives.

Plus, sometimes it is just fun.

I noticed that UFO sightings are down, I think the aliens are sick of politics so are staying away. I also think maybe Bigfoots have been packing their bags and moving to far northern Canada. They are sick of all the pesticides and herbicides killing their young and they get all buzzed up drinking the water because of all the antidepressants and medications being peed out and flowing right through the wastewater plants these days.

I think our modern industrialized society might be negatively effecting the best of conspiracies.

On top of that, MSM has the patent on conspiracy theories now, We are not even allowed to link conspiracies from their media unless we have authorization to do so these days. Seems there should be hording laws passed to stop MSM from robbing our conspiracies.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

And, another thing or two I thought about.....Writing forums, Writing contests, Member Art...

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I don't mind the political volume so much as there isn't much true discussion. People choose to become defensive rather than seeking the answers.

I feel that people try to make the facts conform to their ideology rather than just find the truth whether it suits them or not.

Edit, that's a cultural trend and not isolated to here.
edit on 11-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: YouSir

And, another thing or two I thought about.....Writing forums, Writing contests, Member Art...

Yes, it is easy to do....see...

Acrylic Pouring!! I am hooked and the muse in me is overwhelming!

I may join in on the political threads quite a bit, but, the key is to balance that off with something you truly enjoy, then share it here.

Whining is for losers.....creating change is for winners!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I didn't read all of the replies because how do you explain it to make it seem appealing or like anything to someone who isn't into the back and forth "debate" mud slinging where members go tooth and nail spending lots of free time to present arguments, points and ideas? It's a hobby that requires passionate interest in it, enjoying it.

You can read your news everyday and have strong political opinions on any number of issues and the country as a whole and still not enjoy participating in that. Perhaps you even used to years ago and did it for years, maybe you grew out of it and knew it for what it was, meant to you from experience.

To those people including me I say it's no big deal. People like what they like, just don't click it and read it then. That's what I do. Find threads you're interested in and reply to those with another tab on the browser to look things up, make quotes, upload a pic. If there's not much or nothing appealing when you check the threads, move on to any number of other things you like to do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join