It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is way too right-wing now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How many times have you seen somebody say something like this?

Hell, if you didn't know any better, you'd probably think this place was full of racist Nazis that like to hang out at Stormfront and attend KKK rallies.

But to the disappointment of many, that is obviously not the case. I doubt there's even a single member here that would fit that description. And by the slim chance there is, they're as relevant and as vocal as some of our older members who are no longer here. In other words, non-existent.

So what's really happening then?

I think first, we need to destroy this notion that anyone who doesn't follow in lockstep with the "Left" is automatically the "Right". I think a more accurate and appropriate label would be mostly-moderates that happen to be Pro-Trump, or simply not-an-unhinged-and-unstable-leftist-Trump-hater.

Both works.

Okay, so does that mean ATS is now more Pro-Trump? The truth of the matter is, there aren't any more of us now, then there were 3 years ago. In fact, I'd argue there's actually less of us. What has actually happened, is most of our fellow resident -- for a lack of a better word -- lefties, that once inhabited this very place in abundance, have all either went into hiding, changed their identities, or have left this place for good. For reasons that should be obvious to everyone by now and is to nobody's fault but their own.

So I guess by virtue of their absence, this place now seems more "right-wing". But as I have just illustrated, is highly inaccurate.

So I think instead of complaining that this place has become too right-wing, you should instead be asking where did all the left-wingers go?

edit on 10-5-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm pro trump
Pro abortion
Pro gay marriage
Anti immigration
Atheist

Does that make me left or right?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Maybe just too much politics. Try a beer, left or right hand can't go wrong
edit on 2019 5 10 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Maybe up, or even possibly down.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
Maybe just too much politics. Try a beer, left or right hand can't go wrong

I'd rather enjoy a nice single malt scotch and a fine cigar.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Good idea you commie alcoholic infiltrator a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I pro gay marriage
anti-abortion
pro legalization
Pro second amendment
Pro free speech

What does that make me?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Nice try, thanks for playing :-)

You do realize countries all over the world are tired of the liberal pansy-ass BS and are going Conservative. The pendulum swings.

I am conservativ, I am

Pro gay civil unions, but not being inundated with it
Pro legalization of pot and prostitution
Pro second amendment, conceal carry, open carry
Pro choice, but not as contraception
Pro equality, not equity
Against illegal immigration
Against special rights for LGBTQ
Against antifa and feminazis
Against the crazy gender lists (there are only 2)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/10.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A Nazi maybe. Depends who you ask, really.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I supported the right to free speech and several members on ATS called me a Nazi because I refused to censor.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm a pro promotionalist
Anti un sodomite
pro uni un uni ficationalist
anti pro archaic abolitionist
semi probiotic constitutionalist
intergalattic trump confectionerio con coffeve canivora
also likes free moneys

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The front page is what brings in new members. Check out the front page right now and see what threads are the most popular around here day in and day out. I think more "progressive" members just got tired of being shoved into a premade "box" and being ganged up on by the same dozen or so members in every thread where they express anything that goes even slightly against the narrative the front page promotes.

Look at the board statistics and see just how many profiles have little or no posts at all then take into account how stars and flags are integral to a thread gaining exposure, then take into account how those stars and flags are given completely anonymously so that there's no way to find out which members decide to promote which topics. For all we know there could be spam accounts that simply exist to promote certain topics to the front page artificially.

Take all that into account and you'll see just how easily the site-wide conversation can be manipulated by anonymous stars and flags being given out by "bots".

Not saying that's what happened but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if that's exactly what has happened over the past few years, a cycle of certain threads gaining the most exposure which draws in a certain type of member. It would explain the obvious shift from alternative topics to the now rampant mainstream talking points we see dominating the boards.
edit on 5/10/2019 by IndependentThought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You can be tired of the liberal nonsense, like I am, and not have to go full conservative.

Personally, I don't like any labels. I believe our views should be fluid and adaptable.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just basically saying, come on trump, legalize the herb and let denmark be denmark.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentThought

Nah, just put on the teflon haze and head into the pit. It's clammy and sweaty and sounds like tucker carlson.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It seems that "politics" are working well these days...Divide and conquer. I Identify right yet, never close off the left.

Hey Mr Vanderbilt...are you a Democrat or Republican??

Mr Vanderbilt: Wooohahahaha.. I own you both.

Come on America!

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'm pro trump
Pro abortion
Pro gay marriage
Anti immigration
Atheist

Does that make me left or right?

Maybe it's called "Left or right" 😎

link   
I am anti war
Anti abortion (except in extreme cases) - use birth control, or give up for adoption.
Anti illegal immigration
Pro marriage for adults of any sex
Pro God/Jesus
Pro Trump so far

Pro shots of liquor if all else fails.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You can be tired of the liberal nonsense, like I am, and not have to go full conservative.

Personally, I don't like any labels. I believe our views should be fluid and adaptable.

If you want fluid, buy a vehicle, at least then you'll have a real tyranny to service lol :-) opinions and ideologies change over time. Unfortunately we're human, we work with labels, stereotyping, generalizations and tribal protection.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I remember when it wasn't.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join