It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Ask WHAT TEMPERATURE IS PERFECT for the average on Earth?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Is the solar wind a constant at all times? I think not. The solar wind difference I would guess is steady most of the time and have some kind of sputter or flare on occasion. I can agree I am out of my area on Solar output right now or what it means exactly if we ever will collectively. A worthy theory you propose and extra worthy assuming the wind is not steady.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

That link Phage gave me proves that the solar wind is not steady... look back where I posted two of the generated graphs, and you can easily see it fluctuates over time. They give data in, if memory serves, 16 second intervals, and all of that data is available for analysis. I can get CSV text files as swell as graphs.

The first big question is, how was the data obtained? That will tell me if it would include any extra-solar components that might exist. The answer should be on that site.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

UA Huntsville has a professor you might know that could answer that data collection methods. Maybe Dr Ball who won 3 lawsuits against him by the IPCC's Dr Mann. He was talking in an interview about how magnetic properties of water will be the next big thing. A week or two before, I contacted Dr Christie with my theory about the water distribution moving to the beat of the new Magnetic Pole location. The idea that the changing, and fairly dynamic magnetic field is affecting many things, is coming of age.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Gonna need a link on that one. I don't know any Dr. Ball in the ECE Department (I thought I had at least heard of everyone there), and that would likely place him in the Material Sciences. I never got around the Material Sciences section much. I even went to their site and looked for him... nothing.

It's possible there's a Dr. Ball who is just a new adjunct. I've seen that happen.

ETA: I did find a page on Dr. Tim Ball pushing his book on Global Warming. Is this the guy?

TheRedneck

edit on 5/13/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

principia-scientific.org...

A big thing for sure IMO.

The one who wrote that Book. His story basically is he IS a Climate Scientist, well published apparently.
Mann tried to sue for defamation of character and lost in the end. Priceless to draw Mann out and then Mann lost.

Ultimate point being Ball challenged the legitimacy of the data and called out PSU for failing to act properly again.

edit on 13-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
A comparison of Mann's work verses Balls was on trial too look at the headline! Huge talking points lost by Mann.

notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com...

Mann refused to prove anything and worse he looked horrible.

And here is why
www.quora.com... even more
www.freedomsphoenix.com...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

OK, you threw me when you said he was at UAH. That's my Alma Mater, and I still know most of the faculty. I still hope to finish my Masters, but it was put on hold thanks to the damn ticker not ticking right. I still have pretty much free reign access to the ECE Department.

Did he work at UAH? I'd be very curious to know if he did. I might could get access to some of his actual work instead of his conclusions.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Dr Christy is what I meant. Sorry, i WAS being vague on purpose.

ETA

And Dr Ball is retired now from the University of Toronto.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

LOL

Yeah, I know of Dr. John Christy... I think everyone in the Engineering Colleges does. Never met the guy though.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I did email him about the Pole situation. He didn't know about Physics. I replied we need to find some one who will study this. I think the ball (no pun intended) was or is now rolling on that matter.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

A large part of that is informational overload. For example, Dr. Christy teaches atmospheric science in the Meteorology Department. Magnetism is taught in the ECE (Electrical/Computer Engineering) Department, and to a lesser extent in a few lower-level Physics classes. This is one of those situations where overlap is needed, but overlap, alas, is a rare thing. Heck, I still don't know where all the roads on the other side of campus go, often need directions for special events, and I almost have my Masters! Now, ask me about the Engineering or Research buildings, and I know those pretty darn well.

In the end, science is science is science. There is no difference, from a scientific standpoint, between atmospheric science and structural steel design. The only difference is that each is specialized, because no one can absorb everything. I could likely run circles around Dr. Christy (or Dr. Ball) when it comes to analyzing electronics, but they could probably make me a look like an imbecile if we were discussing advanced fluid dynamics. I know the basics of fluid dynamics, and I am sure they both understand the basic theories behind electricity/magnetism, but we all have our areas of expertise.

To truly run a study, one would need knowledge of atmospheric science (climatology), high-energy particles, magnetic effects, and chemistry. That's a team, not a person, and a few years of research, not a semester project.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Absolutely correct.

I started out as a Biology major and morphed into Chemistry. While in Physical Chemistry, after having taking Physics, I wished I had went to a school that you could get a degree in Physics. By that time I was being offered a job Teaching Chemistry labs while working on my next degree. End of the Physics dream, but not my desire to learn more. I had a usable skill at that point and wife that wanted to get our life started. She has been a total joy and I get to work in what I went to school to learn. Plus an old Cousteau guy like me would love to help with the proper removal of poison from our daily lives.

But I don't hug trees or demand people not eat meat or such other silliness. I believe in us being stewards of the land and resources.
edit on 14-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join