It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s up with all the gay/bi Military super soldiers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What percentage of the US population is gay/bi/exc???

www.google.com...

According the first site I came across, it is 4.5%..which is kinda surprisingly low imho.. not that I would have put it much higher, but I digress.

What percentage of histories best military commanders were gay/bi???

Way more than 4.5%....

I would put it at at least 20%....

Maybe 30-35%..

Ceaser, Alexander, every spartan lol, Fredrick the great, achillies, the revolutionary war guy..

I’m a big military history buff and it just seems like I am constantly hearing at least rumors of homosexuality from just a who’s, who of the best military minds in history..

Maybe it is an issue of “thinking outside the box”....maybe it is random chance...maybe it is propaganda meant to tarnish the reputation of a general someone thought was a little too popular...

But I think it is kinda interesting.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think it changes over time. Of the people in the barracks I was in, maybe 200 soldiers, one was a homo (no one bothered him) and the other was a freak (a better name, but I respect the wishes of TOS).
edit on 0500000039022019-05-07T23:02:39-05:00023905pm11 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

which is kinda surprisingly low
Based on what?
Seems quite in line with population.
Gallup

What percentage of histories best military commanders were gay/bi???
Based on what?

edit on 5/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

lol
"thinking outside the "box"

10/10

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Many of the "X person was gay" is made up bs. Certainly there were gay people throughout all of history but there is a certain reason people are being redefined as "gay" long after they could say otherwise. It is to push acceptance.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
And where exactly did you get this stuff about Julius Caesar, Alexander, "every Spartan" and Fredrick the Great and Achilles being gay?

Achilles wasn't a great commander either, he was just some guy who had a fancy suit of armour.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

No.

His mom dipped him in the river Styx. He needed no armor. Except for one place. Which is where he needed armor, but didn't have any.

I hadn't heard he was a great general, or gay for that matter. But he did go as a transvestite. Once.

edit on 5/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No.

His mom dipped him in the river Styx. He needed no armor. Except for one place. Which is where he needed armor, but didn't have any.

I hadn't heard he was a great general, or gay for that matter. But he did go as a transvestite. Once.

Very true, he wasn't a great thinker was he. If it was me, I would have been wearing knee high bronze boots, but no not Achilles. He just seems to have had a myth he capitalized on, and money to support troops.

To the OP:
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Let's think about this. You could work in a balanced society surrounded by men and women. Or you could spend your time in a predominately male environment.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

And, at the same time, you could not give a damn about anyone's sexual orientation.

Nah. That's silly.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I am sure gays can be and have been great leaders but, historically you offered less than a handful and some are questionable.

Not sure you are on the numbers

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Im not sure that the ancients considered themselves gay even if they had male lovers.

Not sure how true it is but they had a saying in ancient Greece that went "men are for pleasure, women for babies"

In places like Sparta having male lovers was encouraged as the men fought harder when they were more attached to those they fought beside.

I get the impression sexuality was a bit more fluid back in the day

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Kester

And, at the same time, you could not give a damn about anyone's sexual orientation.

Nah. That's silly.

So we are not supposed to not think about their sexuality because it's private and yet everywhere I look it is being literally shoved down our throats. From LBGT aware Converse's new trainers to gay pride marches and gay couples everywhere in the media.
Nobody gave a toss what people were up to sex-wise before we were told that we need to know they exist and make changes in our lives for some.
No wonder now that it is everywhere, people will think more about them and hence OP's post is a logical conclusion.

So Phage, what is it?
Include them in our thoughts or just watch them everywhere but ignore them out of politeness?
Can't have it both.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Did you not read the OP....

1) my own BS guess... which is why I used the word SEEMED.. because it has a definition..

2) and again as it states in the OP.. “because as I look into cool military figures accusations of homosexuality are fairly commonplace..

SEEMINGLY more than4.5% commonplace.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Totally unintentional but I just caught it too LMAO

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Phage

Did you not read the OP....

1) my own BS guess... which is why I used the word SEEMED.. because it has a definition..

2) and again as it states in the OP.. “because as I look into cool military figures accusations of homosexuality are fairly commonplace..

SEEMINGLY more than4.5% commonplace.

Accusations of homosexuality are more likely to be attempts to slander them by their rivals. Having a high position simply means there are others out there who want your job, think they can do it better and will do and say anything under the sun to get their chance to shine.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

These accounts are from their own times ..

You could very well be right about it being propaganda, but if so it is contemporary propaganda..

I doubt the clintons influence reached all the way back to Cato lol

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Achillies was ABSOLUTELY gay/bi..I’m not sure full gay was a thing back then.

Periclies was only his cousin in the movie Troy.

The spatans all had homosexual/pedophilia relationships at the agogi. Hell the Spartans lack of breeding is accredited with their fall in a lot of country roles..

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

People are weird.

The only time you need to know somebody's sexuality is when you're going to get intimate with them, historically I'd have to say who really cares?

Different cultures, religions and societal norms... Same sex relations have been going on forever, openly or concealed. I mean it's not like Spartacus is taking me for Nando's tomorrow so meh, who cares.

It's weird, like running around asking everyone what colour underpants they're wearing... Maybe that's why so many people need to pull their trousers up these days?

Who knows. Who cares. Weirdos that's who.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I think its a perfectly valid thing to look into - whether there are outliers in terms of great military minds or leaders with a disproportionate (to the general population) percentage who are (were) gay/bi. It would be interesting, if true, to try to deduce the reasoning.

Unfortunately, the statistics are mostly unknown and largely unreliable, so we can't really perform any kind of meaningful study.

I'd be just as interested in whether great military leaders are disproportionately tall, short, have a mutation in a gene that affects liver enzymes, smoked cannabis, didn't eat vegetables etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join