It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have been the consequences of the now know to be false Trump/Russian collusion narrative?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Now that the Mueller investigation has all but ended and the Special Counsel has reported that they did not find evidence to support Trump/Russian collusion in the 2016 election; I was wondering what impact has this false narrative had on US foreign policy and foreign relations?

Has the Trump administration and/or Congress made missteps when dealing with the Russians as a direct result of the political infighting over nothing?

Have we missed an opportunity to shore up our election process because our government was to buisy playing political games?

Has foreign relations with other governments been strained or made more difficult by this incorrect assumption that the US President had allegiance to a foreign power and would be removed from power once the Special Counsel found the evidence of such?

All actions have consequences; what are the consequences of the US Government allowing itself to be lead by the nose regarding the narrative of Trump/Russian collusion?

Yes I know some people believe the President is guilty of obstruction regarding the investigation into Russian interference of the 2016 elections. I think that point is irrelevant to my line of questioning; opertinties for obstruction could have been presented to the President utilizing any false accusation, it did not need to be related Russia.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The consequences are : President Trump is now FAR more supported than he has ever been. He is going to win a second term. Democrats are relegated to third party status, at best. Media is now less trusted than ever before.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

With respect there are a lot of threads dedicated to the popularity of the President on this forum. I was wondering what the large consequences might be.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In Asia President Trump is well liked and received due to his openness toward the American people. That is hard to beat here in Asia.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
In Asia President Trump is well liked and received due to his openness toward the American people. That is hard to beat here in Asia.

Is that in general or a result of the Trump/Russian narrative?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

The larger consequences are that the dems wil mever be trusted again.
They sold their soul for a manufacturered investigation intended to unseat a duly eected president.
They have no integrity, they will do anything for power; including throwing away 2 years of the peoples time.

They are nixon.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The larger consequences are that the dems wil mever be trusted again.
They sold their soul for a manufacturered investigation intended to unseat a duly eected president.
They have no integrity, they will do anything for power; including throwing away 2 years of the peoples time.

They are nixon.

Is the loss of 'the people's time' the biggest loss in these events?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The larger consequences are that the Democrats have succeeded at something that foreign entities have only dreamed of...

Undermining the American citizen's trust in our election process.

Which honestly is what they want... because they would like us to become a Democracy.

Which is why they are not representing the best interests of America.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Healthcare, infrastructure, immigration
All ignored in order to unseat the duly elected president.
The people's time is valuable.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: musicismagic

Is that in general or a result of the Trump/Russian narrative?

I don't think so because it currently isn't news. He's been well received due to his well known name and his actions of taking a tough stance on American interest in Asia.
As long as President Trump remains in office, there will be no fighting among nations here in Asia. After that, if America elects a wimp and fires all patriot military generals, war will likely and WILL break out. One reason why many companies now are choosing America for their manufacturing plants. It's a silent move, but I feel those in the know are selling out what interest they may have in China.
I hope Gibson and Fender Music corporation gets out. It was so stupid of them to bring in their high tech stuff.
edit on 0500000053582019-05-07T22:58:53-05:00585305pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Do Asian Governments feel the same way?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The most immediate consequence is the increased likelihood of Trump's re-election. The illegal Trump - Russia collusion delusion has taken away from Trump's self inflicted political wounds. In short, the high turnover in Trump's cabinet picks, and other political blunders have gone relativity unnoticed.

The Democratic controlled House has little interest in constructive legislative agendas. A 2 trillion dollar infrastructure package is one notable exception to my previous point. However, the Democratic members of the house are devoting their energies to insane Mueller Report related conspiracies and slandering Attorney General Barr. They are not focused on ensuring the proposed infrastructure package is not a tax payer funded dud.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

First of all... the investigation has not all but ended.... its ended.

Second... they may not have been able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt because witnesses refused to answer or outright lied.

Third... The report showed hundreds and hundreds of contacts between trumps people and Russians and it CLEARLY showed that Russia waged an outright attack on one campaign and aided another.

No opinion is going to change those unchangeable facts.

And part two clearly stated that if he was innocent we would say so but unfortunately we cannot. Sorry...

I hear taps being played for this presidency...

and the saddest part is he is playing the bugle himself...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
well the best part of all this, we know the crazies on ATS now, it's self evident who they are.

it also exposes the shills, and how much the MSM is invested in creating thoughts.

It shows how partisan hacks on TV are no middle ground at all.

it also shows how much the "insiders" in DC hate outsiders.

it also shows how little actually gets done "for the people". A guy with no expirence comes into office and does more in 2 years than others have in 8. that is VERY Telling.

It also shows how mole hills become mountains, the Russians interfered in our elections, ( so did every other country in the world) I want a definition on "interference" 200 ads on facebook (that I personally never saw, becuase I don't use Fakebook) influenced my vote, I'd like to see proof of that.

Oh and the Dem leaderships sucks.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Now that the Mueller investigation has all but ended and the Special Counsel has reported that they did not find evidence to support Trump/Russian collusion in the 2016 election; I was wondering what impact has this false narrative had on US foreign policy and foreign relations?

you should change the title of this thread now that info has been released that the entire investigation from the beginning has been nothing but a sham.
The former administration illegally spied on its political rivals.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Remember back in grade school when there would be the occasional cupcake party to celebrate a birthday? As kids, we were more concerned with getting a cupcake than the actual birthday. Sure there was some “alright Billy’s mom brought cupcakes” but by next month the birthday part was all but forgotten. Next year there might be some questioning of Billy as to when his birthday was and if there would be cupcakes.

That is what the Russian Collusion was, the query as to if there will be cupcakes soon. When the answer is no, then life goes on. Some may grumble because they really wanted cupcakes and there will be hope someone else will get them. But for now, no cupcakes and Billy is treated no differently by those that like him or don't overly care. Those that don’t like Billy are not going to become friends either way.

In the end, no Russian Collusion means indifference that will soon be forgotten trivia. Unlike the Watergate break in and Nixon Tapes, because those are real.

top topics

join