It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Klansman and Democratic Senator Robert Byrd decries attempts to approve judicial nominees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

This is for boogie man

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Robert "KKK" Byrd is just as looney, as Ted "Swimmer" Kennedy. They represent the mainstream Democrats, which is just fine with me. Throw in "Botox" Pelosi, and John F'n Kerry, and Republicans will be in control for a long time!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I never said that democrats cant be racist

All I'm saying is that the "states rights" issue has usually been a front for rascist behavior. If you take that to mean that I midlessly support the democratic party thats on you not me.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
are you wasting space? This is the umpteenth time that I have seen topics that have less than a paragraph of content.

Is this just to have Democrat and Klansman in the topic line? If so, then this is just petty. You present no argument. You make no point. YOU HAVE NO IDEAS INSERTED HERE. Why is your post only in the topic line?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I agree with OXmanK, there is no argument here. Just a link. Pointless topic.

Byrd has been relegated as insignificant for many years now anyway. Sure he was the Senate Majority Leader for four years , but no longer. His raving against the useless war that our conservative administration has gotten us into fell on deaf ears as well. The only thing that continues to be made issue with the man is his racist past. Many people give Byrd a pass on this due to the era he was born in being one filled with racism. However when the need arisies to attack, denegrate, and demote him, the KKK flag is raised and the minds of the public get shut off no matter if what he is saying now is right.

Byrd's biggest failures are his work as a senator for the state of WV, not his racist past. The state, like many others, is in shambles economically. A massive exodus out of the state has been ongoing for years now leaving only a large geriatric population behind. Social programs are a wreck from abuse and there are few good jobs to be had. I'm not particularly sure how much power a senator has to rectify state problems, but as an alleged representative of the people, he has been failing the people for a long time.

I should know since I live in this RED state in which Robert Byrd is a senator.

Byrd at least attempts where many other democratic politicians have utterly kept their mouths shut in criticizing the policies of the current administration and their miserable and criminal foreign policy decisions. Thats about as much as I can say positively about the man. The shoot down of him through the vastly overused KKK stuff is old hat. Very old.

How is it that many forgive Bush for his past alcoholism, DUI, pot smoking, and WMD lying, and yet a man who decades ago was a racist and no longer one (at least publicly) is never forgiven? For shame.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I agree with OXmanK, there is no argument here. Just a link. Pointless topic.

How is it that many forgive Bush for his past alcoholism, DUI, pot smoking, and WMD lying, and yet a man who decades ago was a racist and no longer one (at least publicly) is never forgiven? For shame.

WMD lying?

GERMANY - BND/BUNDESNACHRICHTENDIENST (11/16/01) "Iraq has failed to demonstrate the willingness to dispose of their chemical and biological weapons. Their nuclear weapons program is ongoing and current status is of great concern."

FRANCE - DAM (1/15/02) "Iraq continues to develop nuclear and biological weapons along with supporting infrastructure in violation of UN sanction."

GREAT BRITAIN - MI.6 (5/8/02) "nuclear capability in the hands of Saddam Hussein is a current threat that cannot go unchallenged."

FRANCE - DSGE (2/3/02) "Iraq's hidden chemical weapons stockpiles form a considerable threat in the region."

AUSTRALIA - ASIO (12/3/01) "current capacity and activity exists in Iraq to further their established chemical and biological threats along with the development of nuclear weapons systems."

RUSSIA - GRU/MBRF (12/15/02) "Iraq currently holds stockpiles of nerve gas and other chemicals that pose a grave threat to any invading force."

ISRAEL- GSS/SHIN BETH (11/4/01) "Iraq has a significant capacity for aggression using biological and chemical agents. The Iraq nuclear program is attempting to create fissionable devices using outside agents, including those from former Soviet Union states" (4/8/02) "Iraq has modified their missile program in violation of U.N. sanctions, to facilitate deployment of weapons of mass destruction into our airspace....they are prototyping unmanned aerial systems for delivery of biological agents."

CHINA - ZHONGYANG LIANLUOBU (7/16/02) "Iraq is in continuing violation of U.N. sanctions with stockpiles of chemical and biological munitions. They are developing delivery systems for their more efficient deployment."

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998. (And this criminal is still running around loose.)

I was a COMSEC, CRYPTO and Key List Alt. custodian for a period of time in my military career and if I had lost a piece of classified material - I could kiss the next higher rank goodbye - along with my rear end. This joker, Burger, stole classified material and the guy is still running around loose. Ahhh...the criminal element in Washington! But Washington takes care of it's own. That's why I call Washington ... America's Elite Criminal Class.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

I wonder if Bush took all the Democratic - Saddam Has WMD's - into consideration when he turned the dogs of hell loose on Saddam? The whole world said Saddam had WMD's. Remember?

I love how people - who dont have any hand in politics, intelligence or the military, or any expirience in intelligence gathering for that matter go on boards and start bashing Bush about Iraq's WMD's -are there WMD's - or aren't there WMD's - should we invade - or not invade - I suppose this omniscient-like logic is only exclusive to a few. But the logic was after the fact. I'm an excellent Monday morning quarterback.

Do you care that Saddam murdered about a million people since 1975?

Do you care that Saddam supported and habored terrorists and international terror groups?

Do you care that Saddam commited genocide in regards to the Kurds?

Do you care that Saddam was purposely eroding UN sanctions in such a manner that would allow them to recreate a major weapons program?

Do you care that Saddam payed the families of suicide bombers large sums of money to encourage the practice of killing innocents?

While all the blame has been dumped on Bush and his decision to invade Iraq and depose Saddam, Clinton had much the same idea and made no bones about it.

.....Clinton was arguing that Saddam not only had WMD, but that one day he might want to make more WMD, and this wasn’t acceptable. Interesting to read between the lines - the Clinton administration seemed to be arguing that the potential for future production was itself a valid reason to strike. Military force is never "the first answer,' Clinton said, “but sometimes it’s the only answer.” “If Saddam isn’t stopped now,” the AP story said, quoting Clinton,“ 'he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction. And someday, someway, I guarantee you, he’ll use that arsenal.' ” Thus spake Clinton in 1998.

Sounds familiar doesn't it? But you didn't hear the Democrats screaming about it back then, did you?

So does the fact that WMDs haven't been found (at least not yet) really mean anything? Not really.

Chief

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
w555hc

Excellent post!

"You have voted w555hc for the Way Above Top Secret award! You have two more votes for the month!

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Then why do liberal democrats dig so deftly into Bush's judicial appointments? You just got Borked!

I concede that it was just a reason to add that a Democrat was a racist.

I dare to go further and say that most all Democrats are racists just as they were during the Civil War years.

Affirmative action is racist. I defer to Martin Luther King

"I Have a Dream" speech Dr. King said: "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Now check a box on your ethnicity!

You know what? I know many white people that refrain from using the "N" word. I am one of those. I would just appreciate not being labeled a racist.

Joke:

How can you tell which people in a large group are racists? they are the ones that can not jump, have no rhythm, and have small penises.

I think my children would say " You just got served!"

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
w555hc

Excellent post!

"You have voted w555hc for the Way Above Top Secret award! You have two more votes for the month!

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Carseller4]

Wow I concur 100%, served indeed!

[edit on 3-3-2005 by edsinger]

hp2

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Spectacular post! I've been looking for a succinct list of those that thought there were WMD's in Iraq. Now, where do I vote the Way Above Top Secret Award to w555hc?

Re: Klansman Byrd.

Can anyone give me a reference to writings regarding Senator Byrd's past Klan activity? I'm curious to find out how many lynchings he attended and/or participated in? Was he, in fact, a "Kleagle" (recruiter for the Klan)?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp2
Spectacular post! I've been looking for a succinct list of those that thought there were WMD's in Iraq. Now, where do I vote the Way Above Top Secret Award to w555hc?

Well it sure does seem to have at least one more name than Bush or Blair on it doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The irony is that what ever one party accuses the other of, they are usually more guilty of.

Now this would make a great thread!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

Not trying to pile on but doesn't dropping the "N" Bomb on national TV, twice, count as being a current, public and card carrying racist?

And what party is it that breaks Senate traditions in attempts to block minority picks for the judicial system? If it were republicans blocking the votes on Hispanic judges imagine the out cry!

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Moon Puppy]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The point we try to argue about is this, how can we trust our government to lead us if they lie to us about the most important thing that happened in the last 2 years, the reason for the war in iraq.

UNSCOM and the IAEA have succeeded in destroying or controlling the vast
majority of Saddam ’s 1991 weapons of mass destruction (WMD)capability.
[JIC,4 February 1998]

Ah ha....
Also

We cannot rule out the possibility that Saddam retains a handful of missiles ...
these could be available for use within a matter of weeks or perhaps even days.
Provided it still has key components -and that is unclear -Iraq could within a few
months build,with little risk of detection,missiles capable of hitting Israel and key
targets in Saudi Arabia.If it needs to make or acquire the components,production
of such missiles could begin within a year ...
[JIC,4 September 1998 ]

A far cry from 45 minutes.
We do care he killed a million people, yet millions die in africa and asia.

We do care he harboured terror groups, but many countries do continue to do so.
Why should we single out this one?
Yes we care he commited genocide, but there is genocide all over africa yet we do not invade and set up governments there.
He was trying to start one but he was years away from actually gettting it off the ground.
Many countries have paid terrorists, yet we dont invade them.
The fact that no WMD have been found leads us to believe that our leaders and intel agencies lied to us.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What does sadams WMDs have to do with the klan recruiter from WV?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I guess David Duke was a saint?

As for the lies about WMD, wel, ltes just take a look, shall we? This is from a post of mine awhile back.

Here is a list of Bush’s statements in chronological order:

United Nations Address, Sept. 12, 2002:
"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production
of biological weapons."

Radio Address, Oct. 5, 2002:
"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used
to make more of those weapons."
"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have."

Cincinnati, Ohio Speech, Oct. 7, 2002:
"The Iraqi regime... possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons."
"We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."
"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States."
"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" -- his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas
centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

State of the Union Address, Jan. 28, 2003:
"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agents."

Address to the Nation, March 17, 2003:
"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."

First off, we know that WMD was never found. Either he had faulty intelligence, or he lied to us. I don’t think that the mightiest nation in the world is going to hand the president bad intell. We also know that the shift in reasoning has turned to the establishment of democracy in the mid east, as well as disposing of a ruthless dictator. Neither of which were original reasons of going to war. The fact that all the reasons for going to war have been excised and reduced to these two basic reasons should be a cause for alarm throughout the American population.

The discrepancy list for President Bush’s political statements are hard to ignore. Let’s look at a few more: Taken from www.50bushflipflops.com...

A week after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Bush said he wanted Osama Bin Laden "dead or alive." But he told reporters six months later, "I truly am not that concerned about him. It's not that important. It's not our priority." He also did not mention bin Laden in his hour-long convention acceptance speech this year.
May 16, 2003: U.S. civil administrator L. Paul Bremer announces a sweeping operation to ensure that Baath Party members are removed from critical positions in the public sector. This ban could affect as many as 30,000 senior Baath Party members. Thursday, April 22, 2004: "The White House confirmed Thursday that the administration is moving to change a postwar policy that blocked members of Saddam Hussein's Baath Party from Iraqi government and military positions. . . . The sweeping ban was put in place by civilian administrator Paul Bremer, but he now wants to change the policy as part of an effort to convince Sunnis, who dominate the party, that they are welcome members of the postwar political transition in Iraq."

Bush says we found the weapons of mass destruction..."We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories...for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." [President Bush, Interview in Poland, 5/29/03] Bush says we haven't found weapons of mass destruction "David Kay has found the capacity to produce weapons. And when David Kay goes in and says we haven't found stockpiles yet, and there's theories as to where the weapons went. They could have been destroyed during the war. Saddam and his henchmen could have destroyed them as we entered into Iraq. They could be hidden. They could have been transported to another country, and we'll find out." [President Bush, Meet the Press, 2/7/04]

Bush says it is impossible to distinguish between Al qaeda and Saddam... "You can't distinguish between Al qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror." [President Bush, 9/25/02] says Saddam had no role in Al qaeda plot "We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in Sept. 11." [President Bush, 9/17/03]

Bush vows to have a un vote no matter what... "No matter what the whip count is, we're calling for the vote. We want to see people stand up and say what their opinion is about Saddam Hussein and the utility of the United Nations Security Council. And so, you bet. It's time for people to show their cards, to let the world know where they stand when it comes to Saddam." [President Bush 3/6/03] Bush withdraws request for vote "At a National Security Council meeting convened at the White House at 8:55 a.m., Bush finalized the decision to withdraw the resolution from consideration and prepared to deliver an address to the nation that had already been written." [Washington Post, 3/18/03]

After the murder and mutilation of four U.S. civilian employees in Fallujah in central Iraq, U.S. officials in the country were adamant that overwhelming force would be applied to go into Fallujah and impose law and order, U.S. style. Then, U.S. forces held back from Fallujah and U.S. Marine forces were given the go-ahead to return to their old "softly-softly" policy that senior officials angrily repudiated after the killings. -FLIP: U.S. military commanders gave a grim ultimatum to rebel forces in Fallujah to surrender all their weapons or be crushed. Then that ultimatum was watered down. Only heavy weapons were ordered to be surrendered. The rebels will be allowed to retain their light weapons, including automatic rifles. That is a crucial concession to any militia or guerrilla force as possession of such weapons gives them the power to continue to enforce or even extend their political control over their subject population.

The problem does not lie just with President Bush jr. It also lies within some of his closest staff. Condoleezza Rice has been heard saying that Iraq was within one year of manufacturing WMD. Two years later, Mrs. Rice said that no one ever said Iraq was even close to manufacturing of WMD. Don’t even get me started on Rumsfield. He can’t even keep Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein’s names right in a 10 minute speech.
President Bush and his government counterparts are responsible for providing a stable and safe environment for the American citizens. It is apparent that all he is capable of is lying to the American public to further his own agenda. It should be noted that this president is the only president to twice deceive the American public with the intention of bringing about safety to the world through war.

Nooooo, no lies is there.........................

Here is the link to the original thread with all the corroborating links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 3/7/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Again I ask, what does sadams WMDs have to do with a racist redneck from WV blocking the Constitutional provision for advise and consent of judicial nominees?

Or is this the best argument some of you have.

"Democrats are changing how the Senate rule work!"
Oh yeah! well...well...Bush Lied! HA!@

Give me a break.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Dont you smell the Turdblossoms blooming? Its springtime!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

I guess the truth stinks.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by edsinger

I guess the truth stinks.

Depends on what the definition of is is......truth? You can't handle the truth!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join