It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Lincoln strike group deployed to send Iran 'clear and unmistakable' message, Bolton says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just now coming in:

www.foxnews.com...

USS Lincoln strike group deployed to send Iran 'clear and unmistakable' message, Bolton says

"The U.S. is sending the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the Middle East in order "to send a clear and unmistakable message to the Iranian regime," National Security Adviser John Bolton announced Sunday night.

Bolton said the deployment was in response to "a number of troubling and escalatory indications and warnings" on the part of Tehran, but did not elaborate. Such deployments are rarely announced in advance.

"[A]ny attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force," Bolton said. "The United States is not seeking war with the Iranian regime, but we are fully prepared to respond to any attack, whether by proxy, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, or regular Iranian forces.""

More at link....

Sorry if I don't post much, I have to go to bed soon to take care of family in the morning.
edit on 5-5-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Sat May 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I smell air strikes soon !!!!

😧

+7 more 
posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's always cute when routine deployments suddenly become "we're being tough on 'insert country here'". Lincoln was long planned on being in the area, regardless of what was going on. And the bomber task force timing is about right to replace the B-1s that are in the area now (which have been grounded for inspections anyway). They rotate bombers through every 4 months or so regardless of what's going on.
edit on 5/5/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Thank you for the information. I really hope we are not having an escalation of a call to war; it does no good to everyday people.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I smell air strikes soon !!!!

😧

I sincerely hope not. No good could come from that.

I still shudder when realizing that top neocon Bolton is in the position he is.

He really did a lot of damage to my generation with that BS in Iraq 17 years ago. I know far too many people that either didn't come back, or if they did they were so damaged by it that they killed themselves.

Of course, what does that chicken hawk care?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Iran has successfully dodged our wrath since.. forever. We'll fly into Iraq and bomb them to nothing, come back and do it again, then deploy 100,000 troops to invade and occupy. Any Iraqi regulars that stood and faced off against them were absolutely dense or out of their minds.

The Syrian and Iranian regimes though, direct hands off. We had to raise and fund a guerrilla army of Muslims to fight on the ground in Syria, never coming close to defeating the regime. Now that ISIS is gone, they don't know what to do, nowhere to disband.

If there were ever an event that warranted U.S. airstrikes on anything Iranian, I do believe it would go 100% war immediately. Which is really just Iran becomes a turkey shoot and gets to try some Russian anti aircraft systems while they die.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
They rotate bombers through every 4 months or so regardless of what's going on.

Fighters, too.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Seymour-Johnson just rotated in and replaced Mountain Home a few weeks ago, along with Hill sending 8 F-35s about a week after they arrived.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Blah blah. This is becoming more and more boring everyday. Neocons in US have been drooling over war with Iran for over 4 decades.
Now that ordinary Iranian citizens are deprived from basic human rights like access to medicine because of unhumane and disgusting sanctions of US trump regime, we really don't care anymore. Neocons in US should know that we have nothing to lose and we're mentally prepared for an extensive war. So.....

*P.S: when i first joined this forum i was all like "lets have peace instead of war" but now that my close relative who has breast cancer can't get her hands on the needed medicine because of sanctions, I'm all for it. Lets get this sorted out immediately

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Re: twitter.com...

Target Iran's leadership and wipe them out. That's what the Iranian people have wanted for over a year now.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What's an American carrier doing so far away from home? Imagine if an Iranian carrier showed up in the Mexican Gulf

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

They'd have to have one first, but the same thing that happens to American carriers when they transit international waters. Absolutely nothing, except possibly a few ships and aircraft shadowing them.
edit on 5/6/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

(post by carewemust removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor
actually the Syrian regime was nearly completely destroyed, which is exactly why Russia had to begin its massive bombing campaign at the tail end of 2015. Damascus literally had control of maybe 10% of Syria at its lowest, and was continuing to shrink.

The reason irregular militias comprised mostly of imported foreign fighters were utilized was quite simple. They were far cheaper, all speak the language, and most are perfectly willing to throw their lives away once the magneto thermal stimulation nano ferrites are embedded into their brain stem. That way they could still be blow themselves up even if they had last minute regrets and doubts to try and back out with a third party agent taking control remotely.

We had no solid justification to be there officially, otherwise Assad woulda been out inside of six weeks and his armed forces mutilated beyond repair. That costs a lot more money though because then we would have to occupy the land with our own forces, like a magnet for fanatic hate it would have been troublesome. Diplomatically it would have sucked, but I think it would have worked out better than Iraq for a few reasons.

Mainly the North would then have been taken by Turkey completely in this scenario and the Kurds would never have been utilized. Israel would have simply steamrolled out from the Golan Heights and besieging Damascus at their weakest point and taken the city with ease.

In fact the only reason more conflict does not happen this easy way anymore is due to the modern age of information and a century of civilized Westerners being accustomed to Democratic Principles and human rights would upset the sensibilities of the voting population. This is why we see more covert action using special operators and intelligence operatives utilizing internal opposition as the spearhead for foreign policy. I believe the last decade that the traditional method of classic warfare would have been effective was the eighties.

Enlightened populations are uncomfortable seeing only their flag drop bombs. But if our money pays for foreigners to attack their enemies, we don't really think about that as deeply and therefore it does not offend sensibilities (and potential votes) on the same scale.

Iran does however, possess a highly specialized and well trained land military not to mention a Cyber-warfare program that is quite capable of hijacking our own drones, as they have proven several times already. So while our air force and Navy is just colossally outmatches them, they can still give us a black eye or two.

Heck many would probably surrender to avoid the end times as none of them likely ever expected to see Persia fall again to the mercy of a foreign empire.

but it will happen this century. You will live to see it if your 35 or under.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Thats terrible..sorry man.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It’s because new election is close, historically saying all American presidential need wars at least sort of conflict somewhere.

It’s become sort of trend since WWII

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Target Iran's leadership and wipe them out.

I thought you guys wanted America to stop being world police.
I think if you asked them the people of Iran would rather have the sanctions against them removed rather than bombs dropped on their country in an attempt to wipe out their leadership.

Do you people never learn !

Different President same old NeoCons.

edit on 6-5-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
here we go again ...after syria they need an new target ..
ofcourse iran is ready to dominate the world / weapons of mass destrucktion /bla bla bla bla
the jokers

edit on 6-5-2019 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
wat they want ..and wat they wil gett afterall….just ask the peopple of syria/afghanistan/irak/lybia /jemen / Somalia ect ect…

a reply to: carewemust

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Aaaaand the playground bully is at it again sadly...

I feel ever so sorry for you average Americans and the boys and girls being sent out to yet another war NOT ON YOUR DOORSTEP.

My son is in the French army and I am glad that the Europeans disagree with this totally stupid stance from one warmonger.

I don’t want him losing his life to being disfigured (or anyone else) because one aging USA politician thinks that the USA are the masters of the world.

I am so pissed off with these COWARDS who only wage war on other people’s doorsteps knowing damned well that they are well protected so far away in the USA.

Scum is far much better compared as a description to this skin off a hot, stinking, steaming pile of dog poo.

Lags
edit on 6-5-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I’m crap

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join