It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 43
<< 40  41  42   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Turbomium's assertion that "birds float; therefore, gravity does not exist" is ludicrous. There is certainly an effect felt by matter that we call "gravity. It exists.

You are lying. I never said that. You know I didn't say that, which makes you a liar.

Two of you are saying this bs lie which I NEVER said, and it's time you both grew up, and be mature, honest adults here, because I'm not going to waste my time dealing with imbeciles.

It's ironic that you mention 'floating', which is used by those who believe gravity exists. As in, 'without gravity, we'd all float'.

Why not admit that I never said that? It's a mature thing to do. A childish thing is to ignore it, or keep lying about it. What shall it be?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: turbonium1

And I've already explained the Sydney - Polaris issue many times, you must routinely refuse to read my posts, as the example above proves.

And the Polaris/latitude issue. You explained that. The Earth is variable.

Right?

No, I said Polaris cannot be seen from Sydney, because Polaris is above the direct center of Earth, and Sydney is far from the center. Earth is a massive flat surface (with mountains, etc, on it, of course).

Such a massive surface limits the view of objects above that surface, especially when the objects above Earth are no more than 6000 miles altitude, or less. Same as we cannot see the Sun from everywhere on Earth at the same time, with the Sun being about 6000 miles altitude, and small in size, compared to the Earth's surface. The Sun moves around the Earth, and shines sunlight down to each part of Earth along it's circular path above, which is really a slight spiral path, inward and outward, over a single year, and repeats the path each and every year.

Answer this one question, if you can - Do you believe that all objects, no matter how high above a flat surface, are seen from the entire surface below?

What about when an airplane is flying high, and you see it, but when an airplane at the same distance away is flying low, you do not see it? Why don't we see this plane? It's at the same point we saw the first plane at.

The reason is obvious, but I'll explain it to you, because it seems you fail to grasp the concept...

Objects above a flat surface are not always seen from everywhere on the surface. Altitude is one of the main reasons for that. Nobody sees a plane when it flies too low, but they see it when it flies higher.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

What is the resisting force for shock waves?

The force of a shock wave offers resistance to the force of a bullet, changing it's path of movement within the air. The bullet is the opposing force which the shock wave force acts upon.

Actual forces cannot be proven to exist unless they offer resistance to opposing forces. This is yet another perfect example of that for you to see, right here. And thanks for asking.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Two of you are saying this bs lie which I NEVER said, Two of you are saying this bs lie which I NEVER said,

No you didn't say birds float...

but you did say birds can fly so gravity doesn't exist...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

The force of a shock wave offers resistance to the force of a bullet, changing it's path of movement within the air. The bullet is the opposing force which the shock wave force acts upon.

Actual forces cannot be proven to exist unless they offer resistance to opposing forces. This is yet another perfect example of that for you to see, right here. And thanks for asking.

No... that would be air pressure that is the resistance to said bullet...

wrong again... as usual

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Two of you are saying this bs lie which I NEVER said, Two of you are saying this bs lie which I NEVER said,

No you didn't say birds float...

Right, but captainpudding and SoylentGreen think I did say it, so I'll wait to see if they admit to lying or not. What do you think they'll do - admit it, or ignore it? I bet they change their story, and don't admit to lying.

but you did say birds can fly so gravity doesn't exist...

And here I thought we were on the right track...oh well..

I did NOT say birds fly, so gravity doesn't exist. I'll make this as clear as can be for you, yet again...

I said that birds fly above Earth WITHOUT ANY RESISTANCE to their flying, from any force below them, 'supposedly 'pulling down on all objects above Earth'.

The only possible way to know if a specific force actually exists, is by RESISTING OPPOSING FORCES. There is NO OTHER WAY TO KNOW, OR TO EVER PROVE, any force exists. Force is energy, directed in specific ways. To know if a force of energy 'pulls objects down to Earth's surface, it must offer RESISTANCE to opposing forces, like a bird, which flies against the supposed force below, which is supposedly 'pulling' down on that bird.

Is that understood, or not? Actual forces are simply energy, directed in certain ways. However, if we cannot find opposing forces to the original force, we do not know the force even exists at all. If we DO find opposing forces, and the original force offers RESISTANCE to those forces, we CAN prove there is an actual force which exists in some form.

(post by Spacetimes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I said that birds fly above Earth WITHOUT ANY RESISTANCE to their flying, from any force below them, 'supposedly 'pulling down on all objects above Earth'.

The only possible way to know if a specific force actually exists, is by RESISTING OPPOSING FORCES. There is NO OTHER WAY TO KNOW, OR TO EVER PROVE, any force exists. Force is energy, directed in specific ways. To know if a force of energy 'pulls objects down to Earth's surface, it must offer RESISTANCE to opposing forces, like a bird, which flies against the supposed force below, which is supposedly 'pulling' down on that bird.

ok... so we get back to the idea of air pressure...

have you ever drove down the highway and stuck your arm out the window?

IF you have... assuming you have highways in your dome... You'll notice you can tilt your hand every so slightly, and it will go upwards... this is why birds can fly... but this does not negate the pull of gravity

You say this is a "controlled environment"... EVEN IF that is true... there is still a FORCE that pulls everything downwards

ITs not magic... its not GOD did it...

it has a name... and we know it exists and why... and we can prove it...

but your dome is just fantasy... and a really sad one

(post by Spacetimes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Lesson10 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Lesson11 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

No... that would be air pressure that is the resistance to said bullet...

wrong again... as usual

Sorry, but you're wrong as usual. The shock wave causes the bullet to drop down within air, the instant it leaves the chamber. Not a bullet slower than sound, though, only a bullet faster than the speed of sound, drops down.

Air pressure is constant for both cases, but only one bullet drops down. Which removes air resistance as the primary factor, right? The factor is shock waves, which are created when a bullet is faster than sound. Shock waves create a 'boom' sound in air, and change the path of the bullet, slightly downward, which proves it is a force, resisting the force of the bullet flying through air.

Air is certainly integral to this force, and air pressure is also a factor, but it is a factor for ALL objects, in the same way. Nothing changes the bullet path unless a force acts on it, which is a shock wave, and if there's no shock wave, the bullet is not effected.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

edit on 9/15/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

edit on 9/15/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

(post by Lesson14 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Lesson15 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 40  41  42   >>

join