It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MasterCard planning to blacklist users over political views

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The New York-based firm is reportedly being forced by left-leaning liberal activists to set up an internal “human rights committee” that would monitor payments to “white supremacist groups and anti-Islam activists.”

MasterCard is not the only holder of purse-strings that is mulling the selective banning of individuals from their services and funds. Patreon and PayPal have previously barred individuals from receiving payments

the US Securities and Exchange Commission reportedly blessed MasterCard’s undertaking
Source

MasterCard is apparently planning to begin blacklisting users over their political views, essentially preventing them from buying anything or conducting business. They even have the blessing of the Securities and Exchange Commission. This will, of course, begin with the purging of "far-right", "white-supremacist", "anti-Islam" users (gotta have an enemy to begin the process against), etc. Despite the fact that it's illegal to discriminate against someone because of their political views, it's already happened before, particularly when Patreon and PayPal barred people with certain political views from receiving payments. Despite the fact that this is an obvious assault on our freedom to have our own beliefs, there's another big problem here. The banning and censorship won't stop at "white supremacists" - that's just an excuse to sneak this into practice. If you give an inch of censorship, that censorship will turn into a mile, and soon after the list will have grown to include anyone who those in power don't want to have a voice. Just take a look at China. You know what happens to people in China who have unapproved beliefs?

+23 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
MasterCard, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon.. Oh and late night shows, Hollywood, CNN, college campuses, MSNBC, NPR, libraries, public schools..

Should I go on? Yeah. It's pretty clear what's going on here.
edit on 3-5-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

At first I thought good, people shouldn’t buy things on credit anyway if they can help it. but then you mentioned PayPal and patreon have been at it too and I remembered hearing about this. It reminds me of China’s social credit scoring and it’s very concerning, like you say it won’t stop at extremists the idea is to control and manipulate the whole population into conformist behaviour and thinking.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

It makes perfect sense now that corporations ARE the government.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It makes perfect sense now that corporations ARE the government.

It's almost as if they don't need our money anymore...

+14 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
In case there are still rational beings out there that haven't clued in yet "white supremacist" is codespeak for anyone who doesn't conform to their authoritarian marxist groupthink. AKA anyone who doesn't want to be brainwashed into a cloud cuckoo land cult and/or retains an ability to reason.
edit on 3-5-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Here is how I see it:

If I don't like what you are saying, I will force companies to agree with me out of guilt so that I can get my way. We will use words like "hate speech" to justify our actions.

Welcome to the future.

Your opinion only matters if I/We agree with it.

I'd like to see MasterCard go bankrupt.

Visa should retaliate and back the Bill of Rights.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
In case there are still rational beings out there that haven't clued in yet "white supremacist" is codespeak for anyone who doesn't conform to their authoritarian marxist groupthink. AKA anyone who doesn't want to be brainwashed into a cloud cuckoo land cult and/or retains an ability to reason.

Probably spot on as is the comment about China's rating/torture system..

You can not say anything or think anything without the blessing from the I.I.C.

The I.I.C. sees all and knows all for your protection and will cleanse your mind from unpure thoughts.

How long the I.I.C. can maintain their current posture is really up to a given population.. Unfortunately for many it is to late..

I.I.C. (Idiots In Charge)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The fact that people en mass have not stood up against all these freedoms being eroded worries me greatly for the shape of the future. These companies have become so insanely massive that they are or at least should be considered public spaces. But the wheels have moved too slow against it. It's so late on the clock now that I'm genuinely depressed for any chance of things turning back.

My glass used to be half full, then half empty, now some bastard has stolen my cup.

I've been astounded that with all the "election interfering" grand standing that twitter BANS candidates running for MEP elections in another country. Some people find UKIP distasteful, I get that but to ban them is such blatant election tampering that I'm baffled. Delete your facebook they say, screw that, facebook should delete facebook, and twitter was an experiment that has shown ratbags spoil everything and should be binned. And they're just getting away with it.

Lets all go back to IRC for a few years smaller communities I think are how humans feel happiest. A world together listening to these far left and true far right pricks and reacting just does not work. A small community has a chance to change someones mind, but as it stands nothing will stamp this madness out.

Enough is enough already, I'm just so tired of this day in day out. This is not what my grandparents went through hell in war for. I need some air.
edit on 3-5-2019 by Qumulys because: spelling, grammer, self editorial anger adjustments.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I think we are the third generation, they say it takes 3 generations to forget the hardships experienced and wisdom gained ...

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Probably much truth in that, but so much happens I cant remember 2 days ago clearly anymore.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The beast system is almost here. Repent, the time is at hand!

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Complain with your wallets. That's what I just did. Now I no longer have any stock in the Mastercard company. Also sent them a complaint telling them why I chose to do what I did. It may be "white supremacists" now, but eventually, it will be like Facebook, Twitter, Paypal and Patreon banning everyone that isn't a liberal. Slippery slope comes to mind and did anyone else notice how they won't be banning people pushing anti-semitism. That's my 2 cents.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I wish the best to you with those thoughts, but surely he should have popped in while millions were getting wiped out in wars. Honestly though, if that happened it's probably the only solution I can see fixing things these days.

But no doubt the media will drag up sh$% he did 2000 years ago, he'll be de-platformed while fashion mags rate his out of date robes.

(I'm probably not in the best mood today to write replies, so sorry man if this came off a bit harsh)
edit on 3-5-2019 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
A few years ago, a certain store decided to be "healthy" but no longer selling tobacco products. Awesome yeah for health.

I just heard that that store, CVS, is closing some stores for lack of business, Yeah for health!

So odd that in the era of older americans, a pharmacy, is in trouble, but hey they are healthy!!

(so yup, it can happen, even to Mastercard, or even Facebook, remember "My Space")

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
MasterCard, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon.. Oh and late night shows, Hollywood, CNN, college campuses, MSNBC, NPR, libraries, public schools..

Should I go on? Yeah. It's pretty clear what's going on here.

Go on please.

Dicks,Bank of America,Jp Morgan Chase, so many more.

Pure left wing FASCISM.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Of course it has nothing to do with it's drug pricing.

Maybe some loaves of white bread on the shelves will bring in more customers.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark— the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18Here is a call for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and that number is 666.…

Revelation 13: 16-18

666 is sometimes called the number of man. Social media created a mob of men/humanity who yell exceedingly loudly to impose their will. Between this and electronic banking, they seek to impose control over everyone who does not conform to their ways and thoughts and beliefs.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Complain with your wallets. That's what I just did. Now I no longer have any stock in the Mastercard company. Also sent them a complaint telling them why I chose to do what I did. It may be "white supremacists" now, but eventually, it will be like Facebook, Twitter, Paypal and Patreon banning everyone that isn't a liberal. Slippery slope comes to mind and did anyone else notice how they won't be banning people pushing anti-semitism. That's my 2 cents.

time to move to new zealand
its free country there

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I think you'll find those same companies still operate there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join