It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Black Hole Is Shooting Out Wobbly Jets Because It's Dragging Spacetime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: rickymouse

Ricky think about it this way, and Phage would tell this better I am sure.

The event took that many years for the light to reach here IF the speed of light is constant.

Do we really know the speed of light or is it skewed to us by our observation. Just as quantum entanglement implies we somehow affect the outcomes by observing.

We actually have no way of knowing yet if the speed of light is constant outside the influence of this solar system. We may shortly know though, since we have a sattelite outside of the Heliosphere. But they will not inform us till they are sure, that could take a while more.

Even if it is constant outside our solar system, it does not mean it is constant outside of the magnetic influence of the Milky way, and it will take much longer to figure if that is the case.

What I am getting at is they are pushing a theory as real when in fact it probably is not. They twist the evidence to fit their beliefs, the politicians did not invent that. Everyone bends their reality and interprets it based on their beliefs and knowledge they hold. Evidence is interpreted by beliefs.

I don't have a problem with them making up theories and believing in them, I just look at things logically and see that it is kind of impossible to be know what is going on from here. Look at all the new things they have found out about our sun over the last ten years or so, the lines of connection between the sun and planets have been determined now and energy goes faster through those links than through the solar system. Even the tidal waves in the ocean have been found to act different than was believed before, the energy goes fast through the water and grows a wave. This new knowledge gives them the ability to identify the timeframe of a tsunami from an earthquake and they now know that events trigger tsunamis they thought were coincidences at one time..

I study science a lot again after working for a living for many years. Lots has changed, and forty years ago they were sure how things worked, now that is found to be erroneous. Consensus of the time governs how things are interpretted and consensus is always changing, but it changes much slower than evidence comes out to show the consensus was wrong. That is because people are prestigeous and do not like to admit they were wrong, so Occams Razor is used to cut the truth to fit consensus of the time. But the cut often renders the whole thing as wrong.

Let others believe that science has figured things out, I am satisfied with saying it is still unknown because overall it is not really important enough to spread misinterpreted evidence. Like I said, someday we may have the capability to find out the whole story and it is important to keep doing some research and make theories. But some people take these theories as fact when they are just a logical guess, that is a problem. I do not think they should be promoting these theories as facts either. That is not real science, science is supposed to just lay out boring information and state it is a theory and not make up Hollywood preformances of their theories that convince people we know more than we do.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
a reply to: gortex

Just think, it did that 7800 years ago...

Wonder what its doing, now?

That's exactly word for word what I was just about to post

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
a reply to: gortex

Just think, it did that 7800 years ago...

Wonder what its doing, now?

7800 years is just the blink of an eye in cosmic time scales. so I think it's likely that this object is currently doing virtually the exact same thing it was 7800 years ago.

Just like our sun, I'm sure a black hole goes through certain specific cycles, but even with those cycles it likely stays generally unchanged, just like our sun is generally unchanged (in the grand scheme of things, relative to the Sun's lifetime) over the past 7800 years.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Dragging space time? I do not think that a scientist can determine that from this point in space. If it was dragging space time, we would not be able to see anything wobble or come out, in fact, it would pull all light back into it and we would not be able to see it.

But since they have the degrees and have the money to slam the opposition and they form the consensus of the time in science, I will just have to live with their hypothesis being accepted. I am not going to believe something like that when I know how the scientific community works. The odds of this being completely correct are zilch, being half correct, maybe five percent. One mistake in their philosophy can make something completely wrong. In another hundred years, I would say we could maybe get a little better at finding the truth.

Frame-dragging has been predicred by Einsten's relativity (which has been proven time and again, and keeps getting proven), and confirmed experimentally:

journals.aps.org...
physics.aps.org...

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

7800 years is just the blink of an eye in cosmic time scales. so I think it's likely that this object is currently doing virtually the exact same thing it was 7800 years ago.
Just like our sun, I'm sure a black hole goes through certain specific cycles, but even with those cycles it likely stays generally unchanged, just like our sun is generally unchanged (in the grand scheme of things, relative to the Sun's lifetime) over the past 7800 years.

when reading the OP linked web site... we learned the following:

V404 Cygni is a binary microquasar system consisting of a black hole about nine times the mass of the Sun and a companion star, an early red giant slightly smaller than the Sun.
The black hole is slowly devouring the red giant; the material siphoned away from the star is orbiting the black hole in the form of an accretion disc, a bit like water circling a drain. The closest regions of the disc are incredibly dense and hot, and extremely radiant; and, as the black hole feeds, it shoots out powerful jets of plasma, presumably from its poles.

Scientists don't know the precise mechanism behind jet production. They think material from the innermost rim of the accretion disc is funnelled along the black hole's magnetic field lines, which act as a synchrotron to accelerate the particles before launching them at tremendous velocities.
But V404 Cygni's wobbly jets, shooting out in different directions at different times, on such rapidly changing timescales, and at velocities up to 60 percent of the speed of light, are in a class of their own.
"We think the disc of material and the black hole are misaligned," Miller-Jones said. "This appears to be causing the inner part of the disc to wobble like a spinning top and fire jets out in different directions as it changes orientation."

It's a bit like a spinning top that starts to wobble as it's slowing down, the researchers said. This change in the rotational axis of a spinning body is called precession. In this particular instance, we have a handy explanation for it courtesy of Albert Einstein.
In his theory of general relativity, Einstein predicted an effect called frame-dragging. As it spins, a rotating black hole's gravitational field is so intense that it essentially drags spacetime with it. (This is one of the effects scientists hoped to observe when they took a picture of Pōwehi.)…

"Finding this astronomical first has deepened our understanding of how black holes and galaxy formation can work. It tells us a little more about that big question: 'How did we get here?'"
The research has been published in Nature.

So... the recent 3-4 year tearing apart of the Red Giant that is in a Binary Dance with the weird Black Hole can negate the idea that the Black Hole which is Now ejecting high energy Gamma Rays in a very odd pattern...Was not happening 7,000 + years ago, the spastic particle spray is undoubtedly a recent development--- probably the result of 'gulping huge chunks' of the disintegrating Red Giant Star …

just read what Einstein predicted, found in the same article....

the cosmic 'Blender' failed to chop up/slice & dice the Red Giants' combination of gasses & elements into a slurry of atoms as it cannibalizes the once, not-so-hot Star into the BH Event Horizon/disk

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
On the same site as he OP of this thread is a report on Another merger of a Black Hole with a possible //neutron Star// which could very well produce a crop of Gravity Waves as a result.

see: www.sciencealert.com...

the wobbly jets phe·nom·e·non, is weird but is not making Gravity Waves... although pulling and stretching the fabric of Time-Space sounds like messing with gravity in contortions to the Black Holes' polar jet emissions

ScienceAlert.com is a very good resource for discovery

top topics

<< 1   >>

join