It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glockzilla G40 MOS 10MM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So, I moved my family back to Oregon around 7 months ago. Lived on Mt Hood for 10 years before a 7 year stint back East in Ohio.

In Ohio, a .22 was probably the most used tool in the house. We kept 30 hens more or less depending on predators, and 3 roosters.

Our Pyrenees was pretty amazing protection for the flock, but I still had to dispatch a number of coons, opossums and coyotes etc..to keep our girls alive.

Now we are in Southern Oregon, Lions and Bears...oh my! I have a number of firearms, build em, smith em, but as my eyes lose their luster I find I need a semi auto pistol to assure my wife, daughter and my own lives are protected in the woods panning, fishing, hunting etc...

This rhetoric conflating all semi autos as weapons of war is ridiculous and founded on city dwellers perspectives. The Glock 10mm covers alota bases, 15+1 10mm 200 grain fmj Underwood loads, protect us top to bottom. As I age and lose my sharp eyesight the red dot the Glockzilla affords seamlessly allows for me to turn protection definitively where it belongs.

I have a super redhawk in .454 casull , but theres no way in hell I can draw down a charging bear, or leaping lion and be assured me and mine survive with a revolver with my present skillset ( im an expert medal in the army).

I feel the Glock MOS 10MM is a fantastic option, given the right ammo..opinions?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why not just a Glock 23 40 caliber?
edit on 30-4-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Seems like you picked a good one for your needs. Little big for my liking but I am a small dude at 145lbs. And ya you are right that those city folk shake in their boots at even the sight of a gun semi or not.
But that should be good against a bear or lion assuming your hearing is also not going with your sight. Also assuming your have a bit of distance between you and the target. I've come across a bear or two and more lions than I would like but never had to fire on any. Did one time fire a round to spook a few coyotes getting a little close to city limits a few years back. Didn’t seem to do the trick as they kept getting closer and well I’m sure you can guess what happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Why not just a Glock 23 40 caliber?

Agreed. Better: a light weight AR w/a cheap red dot & sling. I wouldn't want to shoot at a bear with a pistol.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I dont see a .40 taking down a bigger bear. Its a great round, and more than sufficient for lions, its just that as deep as we go into the blm and National Forest cthe 10mm with proper primer is a better offering. Its also a deer dropper.

.40 in my opinion isnt hot enough.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Hey, I get rifles are superior, I carry a .45-70 guide gun and a .300 win mag when hunting, but we pan a Lot and its a question of load out

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

cmon man.

this is your family's safety were talking about here

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

lol now that looks like fun

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

We have had 2 150 lb plus animals in town this week. One is hunting the "green way" . Liberal laws regarding hunting are driving predator populations up. Territorial control drives juveniles and young adults towards humans.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have my 357 Desert eagle I bought years ago, it is adequate for what I need. I also have a 22 pistol I inherited from my stepfather, it is a long barrel gun, it works good but is also heavy for the caliber. The eagle is heavy, but hard to chamber, I wanted one the kids cannot chamber because they are not strong enough. My wife cannot chamber it either, I think that is a good thing.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Please excuse me while I go to, erm, clean myself up,

😏

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Glock 30 Gen 4, 45acp...230 g hollowpoints...10+1or 12 count mag +1...subcompact....carry everyday...

If I can't survive on that...it's fine for me
edit on 1-5-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Sure, I love my .45 acp. I didnt want to do any milling on it for a dot and destru the value of my Kimber.

I also read too many blogs and articles probably and talked myself into the g40mos.

Its a fantastic firearm though and totally happy with the purchase.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Sure, I love my .45 acp. I didnt want to do any milling on it for a dot and destru the value of my Kimber.

I also read too many blogs and articles probably and talked myself into the g40mos.

Its a fantastic firearm though and totally happy with the purchase.

Whatever works for the individual preference is fine.

With me? I'd expect to defend myself at a 7-8 yard distance, not farther...so if I can't get someone at a 24 ft-ish distance with my 10-45 hps-hand cannon...then I shouldn't be carrying ( and have had a permit in Miami in 1974....and since)

top topics

join