It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eighth -- Augustus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Malisa

I say “many others” like you know, him ahh a library, text books, historical books, school books, dictionaries and all the others we learn from
By all the people who learned from books
I could even reference the importance of books from a book but you won’t read it

If you don’t get it I can’t help
Suppress anger, kinda like you suppressing intelligence by making inane comments

You don’t like books, sorry for you
I didn’t slap you, I am suggesting you go read some books

And I think I have been gentle to a petulant child who seems to know everything but nothing

Do I pray repeated prayer, how do you know. Do you think I am a catholic, are all Christians catholic to you, read a book and find out what protestants believe, maybe do a YouTube video

Pay attention carefully, if you think books are dumb then yes, it is a reflection on how I perceive you and your intelligence. Many years I have had to reflect and learn on that.

And don’t play the “I pass on christianity because of you” card, that was evident from the start.
Childish games indeed

Now again, I dismiss your opinion and I suggest you go read some books, get back to me when you have.

You are lost in the religion game, sorry

If Jesus himself would come to you and tell you how wrong and mislead you are, you would spit on his face

And no, i'm not comparing to him, so don't go desperately running on that road

As for anything else you said, it is meaningless coming from someone who can't even attempt to understand what's going on beyond his brain trap

I say “many others” like you know, him ahh a library..........

Blah blah blah

Please don't be so lame, this is the worst excuse i've heard when someone tries to backtrack. You said what you said, own it up

You may be older but your not wise, and repeating your cycle a million times with the same prayers and the same mindset will get you only lower, you are blind now

You should deeply care for your blind soul, not for that the priest and church ask of you, that's just garbage with mind games

You are a slave to religion the way you act, you just like to be, and i'm sorry about that because you may never know true freedom to grow

Poka

edit on 1-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Anyone who dismisses books as a learning tool is easily dismissed

Truthfully I don’t care what you say, not a drop and I promise you, people reading that you don’t value books

Advice and I know it’s not welcome
Go away and reflect on your opinion, it’s childish

You dismissed books as a learning tool and now you are attacking me and my faith
Fine, me and my faith can and should be attacked but

Dismissing books as dumb is a reflection on you and your intelligence

You know a person who has an opinion like yours, Dawkins, he wrote a book, does that make him a dummy, book writers, meh

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

originally posted by: Byrd

It is my strong belief that Jesus campaigned to become the next Caesar, and not only that, but it is also my firm belief that Jesus was the grandson of Julius Caesar and that his father Joseph was in fact Caesarion, the Prince of Egypt.

There's some problems with this... one of them being that he was executed when he was 17 years old.

Well, his body was never accounted for. It's happened before. I believe he managed to sneak away, went into exile and took the name Joseph, a name that reflects his title as Prince of Egypt.

Since Octavian had him executed (and it wasn't a death by ambush or in battle), that means he had been held in a jail and that his identity and death was confirmed by a number of people.

Joseph was well known, as was his parentage.

Octavian may have claimed the kid was dead, but like I said, his body was never accounted for. He might very well have fled. Let's review the story of Joseph in the OT. Joseph was his father's favorite, and was set up by his brothers who sold him as a slave, and bringing back his mantle smeared with lion's blood, Jacob believed he was dead. However, Joseph wasn't dead at all, and while in Egypt, he rose from slavery to the inner courts of Egyptian royalty, and was given the title price of Egypt for all eternity. The Coptic Church is the oldest Christian church and they aligned their foundation with Joseph bringing wee Jesus to Egypt. It would take another 70 years before Christian churches would form in Asia Minor

And Caesarion wasn't a carpenter.

Joseph (Caesarion) fathered Jesus and fits right in with how Joseph would have been in his 40s when Jesus was born, exactly as tradition goes. Houses were built in stone in the area where Jesus built his house. Thus he wasn't a carpenter, but a stone-mason. And who were the most amazing stone-masons of all time? Oh well, Egypt.

Well, no... and no. Carpenters might live in stone houses, but they did wood framing and construction work (and roofing work as well.) He wasn't a stone mason. And Egyptians were hardly the most amazing stonemasons of all time - by the time of the reign of the Ptolemies, Rome was better at it, building high domed buildings and long stretches of aquaducts with delicate arches that still stand today.

Jesus built his own house, ground up and he shows it off in the introduction of the Gospel of John. The Aramaic word that may have been used for Joseph and later Jesus, might have been /naggar/. A naggar was a teacher slash builder and fits in nicely with the tableu in John, where Jesus builds a home and is addressed as a rabbi. The words of John where Jesus is displayed as building a house (in stone, and suggesting he had a family) and referred to as rabbi (who has to marry) -- thus Jesus was married.

And pharaohs weren't trained in manual skills that take years to be good at. He would have had the rudiments of military tactics, been able to read and write (perhaps more than one language) and would have been taught weaponry. But he'd lack the necessary strength to be a good stonemason or carpenter.

There are plenty of stories about kings and royalty were trained in manual labour, and if you want to live in secret, staying under the radar in a foreign land, well, you have to have a line of work to support yourself and your family.

I don't know that he'd convert. He functioned as a High Priest of Egypt and was worshiped as a deity. If he had escaped execution, he could have used this power and position to attempt to launch a comeback, as his other family members did.

The possibility is there, and when you look at Jesus, being worshipped as a deity, well, you might call that a comback, hell, even revenge.

As a fugitive and unknown, he'd not have a lot of support anywhere. While the Jews assimilated people from other areas and religions, Caesarion would have been a "gerem" if he converted -- but this wouldn't give him the right to the lineage that was presented in the Bible. "gerem" He might have gotten work as a tutor, but I don't see a soft-living 20-something showing up to a village and trying to get on as an apprentice to a stonemason or carpenter (who usually took young boys as apprentices)

No need for conversion. As royalty he would be related to all the royal houses of his time, and being a royal, even in secret, would give yourself quite a few options. Don't forget that Jesus' critics called him a Samaritan (foreigner) summoner of evil spirits (Egypt is all about magic and spirits).

Jesus and Joseph were of royal descent, and all the royal families were intertwined, so they could basically marry into any given royal house and draw a direct line to some king or royalty of that house. In fact Joseph's father is named Eli, even Ha-Eli. Translate Eli into Latin, and it becomes Julius.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I had to stop reading this post because I do my best to keep trash out of my head.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Octavian may have claimed the kid was dead, but like I said, his body was never accounted for. He might very well have fled. Let's review the story of Joseph in the OT. Joseph was his father's favorite, and was set up by his brothers who sold him as a slave, and bringing back his mantle smeared with lion's blood, Jacob believed he was dead. However, Joseph wasn't dead at all, and while in Egypt, he rose from slavery to the inner courts of Egyptian royalty, and was given the title price of Egypt for all eternity.

Wrong Joseph.

Joseph-the-father-of-Jesus lived at a much later time. You're talking about the Joseph of the book of Genesis: en.wikipedia.org...(Genesis)

This one is the father of Jesus: en.wikipedia.org... His full lineage is found in the Book of Matthew and ends:

This is the genealogy[a] of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Abraham was the father of Isaac,

Isaac the father of Jacob,

Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,

Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar,

Perez the father of Hezron,

Hezron the father of Ram,

Ram the father of Amminadab,

Amminadab the father of Nahshon,

Nahshon the father of Salmon,

Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,

Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,

Obed the father of Jesse,

and Jesse the father of King David.

David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah’s wife,

Solomon the father of Rehoboam,

Rehoboam the father of Abijah,

Abijah the father of Asa,

Asa the father of Jehoshaphat,

Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram,

Jehoram the father of Uzziah,

Uzziah the father of Jotham,

Jotham the father of Ahaz,

Ahaz the father of Hezekiah,

Hezekiah the father of Manasseh,

Manasseh the father of Amon,

Amon the father of Josiah,

and Josiah the father of Jeconiah[c] and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon.

After the exile to Babylon:

Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel,

Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,

Zerubbabel the father of Abihud,

Abihud the father of Eliakim,

Eliakim the father of Azor,

Azor the father of Zadok,

Zadok the father of Akim,

Akim the father of Elihud,

Elihud the father of Eleazar,

Eleazar the father of Matthan,

Matthan the father of Jacob,

and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah.

Joseph-the-father-of-Jesus is not related to Joseph-the-Biblical-patriarch

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I don't know about jesus becoming a Caesar unless they've erased our history but Augustus wasn't erased, and he really was an asshole Caesar. That much is embedded in stone, and available at the nation archives. Is that what you were talking about? The dead rising in Christ or the beastly minions rising from their graves during the end times and doing their usual assholish romanic stuff.

If so, the entire world might be screwed. Royally.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It is my strong belief that Jesus campaigned to become the next Caesar, and not only that, but it is also my firm belief that Jesus was the grandson of Julius Caesar and that his father Joseph was in fact Caesarion, the Prince of Egypt. However, Jesus was not in luck, since he reacted to rumours that the emperor was dead in 36AD (which he wasn't, he lasted another year), and ended up nailed to a tree for treason, but with support from the Roman soldiers, an influential uncle, a wealthy man, a weaver girl and a handful others, he survived Golgotha.

In 450 BC the first month of the year was moved from March to January, transforming the sixth month (Sextilis, later renamed Augustus) into the eighth month, and Julius Caesar further fixed the calendar by adding a few days and calibrating and intercalating the whole calendar system. In 8 BC Sextilis was renamed Augustus after the name of the false emperor who took power upon the assassination of Julius Caesar, namely, Augustus Caesar.

When Revelation calls the Beast itself -- the Eighth -- it is likely a subtle reference to Augustus and his fellows, the false Emperors of the Roman Empire.

To correct the above statement, about the Julian Calendar, it started on 1st January 0045 BC, and is highly likely to be aligned to Sirius, being the ancient Greek day start, that is sunset previous to midnight, as Julius Caesar needed Cleopatra to help, and she came from the Greek pharaohs that started with Alexander the Great!
She may have fooled him with placing the Isis Star, Sirius at the start of the Calendar, she had a mixture of beliefs, but did think she was Isis/Sirius on Earth.....The Romans and Egyptians used Sunrise as day start, but Cleopatra was from a Greek dynasty therefore liable to use sunset.
The reason being that to use Sunrise to do this would have driven the Senate mad, as they hated her, so she had to hide it with her astronomer Sosigenes, but wanted to include Sirius as it was believed that the ancient Egyptian Calendar that the Julian Calendar is mostly modeled on, (without Leap Year Day every Four Years), was aligned to the rising Sun as Sirius was rising along Eastern Horizon, being the heliacal rising star.
Julius Caesar asked Cleopatra for help in constructing a much better, more accurate calendar due to needing one to rule the Roman Empire which was an inaccurate Moon calendar.
It is highly likely we would find the alignment in Egypt on date, but the date would be 31st December 0046 BC at sunset, and in the ancient capital of Egypt, we find an alignment being as the Sun set, Sirius was rising.
I am a true astronomer so graph below is a true astronomers graph showing this:-

edit on 5-5-2019 by Astronomer62 because: adding info

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Further accurate statements about the Julian Calendar is that 0046 BC was 445 days long to bring the inaccurate measure back into synch with the seasons, before 1st Jan 0045 BC, so was more than a few days!
The 1st of January was chosen as the start of the year, as Roman Consuls had been taking up office in regions of the Roman Empire on this date since 153 BC.
Any other inaccurate statements i will deal with later.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If 7 is perfection then 8 holds the keys.

wikis

If the number 8 were a person, he would be the powerful decision-making child. The number 8 is known as the number of balance and harmony. ... Mostly, the number 8 is concerned with balance, a balance between the material and immaterial worlds.May 14, 2018

What is the spiritual meaning of number 8?

The number 8 is generally read as indicating material abundance and career success, but in the context of Angel Numbers it usually means much more than simple material gain. ... The number 8 is itself balanced, which means that it is the number of balancing both the material and spiritual aspects of our experience.Apr 4, 2019

Person:

The 8 person tends to be rather formal, stern and hard-headed. ... The ultimate accomplishment for the 8 person is to gain 'wisdom'. Number 8's are single-minded and show good judgment and executive skills, often achieving power and material success. 8 represents justice and balance.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
There is another angle.
Another reason why the beast is an "eighth" is that he is an imitation of Christ, and "eight" is the number of Christ elsewhere.
He is identified with Noah who was on the Ark as "eighth man" - 2 Peter ch2 v5 (In modern translations, this becomes the meaningless "on the Ark with seven others"). I understand this is why baptismal fonts were traditionally octagons.
The early church were fond of saying there was an eighth day of creation, namely the day when Christ completed the process by being raised from the dead on the day following the seventh.

edit on 5-5-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Wow, eighth day of creation, mind blowing, God rested on the seventh, mankind can now rest in Jesus

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
"Wherefore also we keep the eighth day for rejoicing, in the which our Lord Jesus rose from the dead, and having been manifested ascended into heaven"- "Epistle of Barnabas"- 15 v9

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Raggedyman
"Wherefore also we keep the eighth day for rejoicing, in the which our Lord Jesus rose from the dead, and having been manifested ascended into heaven"- "Epistle of Barnabas"- 15 v9

Rejoicing, that’s even better than rest
Amen

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join