It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Code proves God's existence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Justoneman

That is simple. It should be stated clearly.

Because if we FREELY choose to follow the Christ example and attempt to LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS as we love ourselves it is better than if a Hitler uses an Iron rod and Gas Chambers on those who don't.

I don't think you're quite getting it. I see the Old Testament as saying that existence is filled with chaos and misery, generally created by the psychopathic God, so you're better off just doing what it says and "going with the flow" until it's over. The New Testament says that this world is only a temporary, horrible illusion created by a demiurge, but we can minimize the misery and pain if we're just kind to each other. (The idea that this can only be done through Jesus is more of a marketing point than anything.)

Most religious texts are about dealing with and hopefully reducing the uncertainty and horror of existence, either by keeping your head low and obeying the rules, or by transcending it. It's not that we can somehow eliminate the misery, because we can't. We can only survive until we die.

well said

edit on 2-5-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The bible is a clever code about Devil worship and promotes worshiping the Devil, people missed what the bible is because no one paid attention to the pictograms in the bible.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: info393
a reply to: Blue Shift

The bible is a clever code about Devil worship and promotes worshiping the Devil, people missed what the bible is because no one paid attention to the pictograms in the bible.

Well, the people who worship "The Devil" are the most Christian people of any. They really buy wholeheartedly into the cosmology and myth, unlike most Christians who basically don't know what Jesus actually said, give it lip service and only follow when it's convenient. Jesus said give up all your stuff and leave your family. How many Christians really do that?

If you're going to really worship the Devil or Satan, you pretty much gotta get deep into it and believe it all, which is way more than most Christians do.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Rev 13:18
B.C. 45 Julian calendar took effect. The modern Gregorian calendar begin adoption in 1582. Duration between 45 B.C. and 1 A.D. is 45 years since there is no 0 B.C./A.D.
A.D. 622 someone left Mecca to settle in Medina...the year Muslims considered as beginning of Islam
Duration between 1 A.D. to A.D. 622 is 621 years
45 + 621 = 666

So let me get this straight you take 2 completely unrelated things (The date the Julian calendar starts and the amount of days between 1 AD and the beginning of Islam), add them up to get 666 and this proves WHAT? What about those thousands of other dates related to Islam and Judaism that DON'T add up to 666? This numerology stuff is pure delusion. You can make it say whatever you want. I could make a case for Flying Spaghetti Monster with numerology if I really wanted to.

A.D. is 45 years since there is no 0 B.C./A.D.

Somebody failed basic math. Yes of course there is a 0 AD. It's like being 0 years old. From 0 to 1 is 12 months. That is the first year, just like how it is 2019, yet we are in the 21st century.

edit on 5 7 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Because if we FREELY choose to follow the Christ example and attempt to LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS as we love ourselves it is better than if a Hitler uses an Iron rod and Gas Chambers on those who don't.

Is it really a free choice when there is a gun to your head? Let's say somebody is pointing a gun at you right now. You still have your free will, but if you don't do exactly what the person says, they will shoot you. That is the equivalent of free will in the bible. Sure, go do whatever you want, but if you don't follow my commandments, you will be punished severely.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Sure, go do whatever you want, but if you don't follow my commandments, you will be punished severely.
I'm not a Christian, nor am I a Bible scholar, but as far as I can tell Jesus modified that from a punishment scenario to one of negative reinforcement. You aren't punished, but you won't get the big prize at the end. No treat.

Seems that some have reverted to the Old Testament version though, punishment seems to be more effective.

edit on 5/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Sure, go do whatever you want, but if you don't follow my commandments, you will be punished severely.

"don't touch the stove when it is burning red", said your dad.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Did you read the 1st thirteen pages of "SELF"?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: info393

You cant possibly be serious. You can't honestly think that this rambling, incoherent, juvenile gibberish has even the slightest bit of credibility, can you? Look at it! It's one of the LEAST scholarly and educated things i've ever read, for goodness sake.
It reads like the delusional, faux-poetic journal scribblings of an emo high school kid who thinks that he is super deep. And even that is honestly giving it too much credit.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: info393

What do you actually think about the claims? I am not going to waste my time following a link cluelessly. What really stood out and impressed you about this 666 code?

Edit add: btw...who authored and published this book? Did not see any reference in your OP?

Youre a wiser man than i. I wasted my time reading it.
He didnt say who authored it because it's just some random delusional shmuck. There is literally zero academic work or scholarly insight behind it. It is legitimately just some random moron's delusional, nonsensical, incoherent ramblings.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Barcs

I'm not a Christian, nor am I a Bible scholar, but as far as I can tell Jesus modified that from a punishment scenario to one of negative reinforcement. You aren't punished, but you won't get the big prize at the end. No treat.

Seems that some have reverted to the Old Testament version though, punishment seems to be more effective.

Hell didn't really exist in the Old Testament. Devil/Hell was a Christian invention added onto the OT in hindsight. It's mostly the new testament that mentions eternal suffering, lake of fire, etc etc. In the old testament there was Sheol but it wasn't eternal suffering, it was basically where the dead went.

Some Christians do hold the interpretation you mentioned but the majority do believe in an actual eternal suffering punishment. I get threatened with that all the time from them.
edit on 5 13 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

LMAO! You love your invalid analogies. It's practically a constant theme with you.

Burning yourself on a hot stove is a testable verifiable consequence of an action. Your Dad isn't holding a gun to your head, saying don't touch the stove or I kill you. He's saying don't touch the stove because it hurts. In your scenario, god is directly punishing people. The fail is strong with you today.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

some random moron's delusional, nonsensical, incoherent ramblings.

I like that. I may use it myself as it seems to apply to quite a few posts on here.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

He's saying don't touch the stove because it hurts. In your scenario, god is directly punishing people. The fail is strong with you today.

Of course your comprehension is going to be a bit distorted, you believe your ancestors were mutant monkeys.

God gives commands that lead to life. Disobeying them leads to pain and death because you neglect that which gives you life.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

LMAO! You love your invalid analogies. It's practically a constant theme with you.

Burning yourself on a hot stove is a testable verifiable consequence of an action. Your Dad isn't holding a gun to your head, saying don't touch the stove or I kill you. He's saying don't touch the stove because it hurts. In your scenario, god is directly punishing people. The fail is strong with you today.

I read somewhere that there are no punishments or rewards in life, only natural consequences. Rewards and punishments are symptoms of conditional love which is typical in a toxic relationship where you are expected to be useful, and if you aren't...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The more mysterious that something is, the more minutia concerning it is pulled in for analysis. Eventually some patterns emerge, which cause us to thing we are on to something.... but are we?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
SPOILER: W/O ALERT!

666 Is "ADAM KADMON", A Great Beast...
A Long Short Story... No Time For It Right Now!
Beware Of The Jews!!!

ALSO:
True And Honest Men Are The Proof That God Exists.
Just Ask The People Who Use These symbols: Á V

AND NO! Do Not Ask Me How I Know... Because I Am Not A Know It All.

edit on 14-5-2019 by Pinocchio because: Sometimes, I Fart Too....

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Blue Shift

That is simple. It should be stated clearly.

I don't think you're quite getting it. I see the Old Testament as saying that existence is filled with chaos and misery, generally created by the psychopathic God, so you're better off just doing what it says and "going with the flow" until it's over. The New Testament says that this world is only a temporary, horrible illusion created by a demiurge, but we can minimize the misery and pain if we're just kind to each other. (The idea that this can only be done through Jesus is more of a marketing point than anything.)

Most religious texts are about dealing with and hopefully reducing the uncertainty and horror of existence, either by keeping your head low and obeying the rules, or by transcending it. It's not that we can somehow eliminate the misery, because we can't. We can only survive until we die.

well said

Not well said at all. It's totally ignorant of Buddhism, for a start. The Buddha said that, whilst one of the eight noble truths that cannot be denied is that life is suffering, another noble truth is that we can bring suffering to an end by finding Nirvana. This is the "kingdom of God" that Jesus spoke about. Christians wrongly believe that we can only minimize pain and suffering. Not so. We can eliminate it altogether by ending all the actions (physical and mental) whose karmic consequence is suffering. We end it NOT by kind deeds but by right thought and right action (far more than merely showing kindness and compassion). We certainly don't end it simply by believing someone was God's only son (or something silly like that), whilst continuing to behave and think wrongly.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Incorrect. The gematria number value of Adam Kadmon is 245.
Adam Kadmon is the archetypal man, the divine prototope for all beings. Heavenly Man is represented in Kabbalah by the Etz Chayim, the Tree of Life. The divine prototype has nothing to do with the Great Beast.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Incorrect. The gematria number value of Adam Kadmon is 245.
Adam Kadmon is the archetypal man, the divine prototope for all beings. Heavenly Man is represented in Kabbalah by the Etz Chayim, the Tree of Life. The divine prototype has nothing to do with the Great Beast.

Being Miseducated Is Somewhat Damning. Don't You Think???...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join